1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Chris Beard

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mason Greenwood

DD

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. MystikArkitect

Chris Beard wasn't a ticking time bomb and known psycho previously.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Can't even lie, this thread so far's been more entertaining than at least half or more of the Rockets games last season. Some WEIRD **** bein said in here. Like "go see a therapist because you sound like you have a serious issue you might need to get checked" kinda weird.

HP3, AroundTheWorld and kubli9 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seeing a therapist is due diligence around these parts but not seeing one or not getting help when you are a psycho that is unfortunately on the Rockets org.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I wasn't actually talking about KPJ with that one, but I agree 100% they're partially culpable for enabling this evil sack of **** to earn millions of dollars and build a public profile whilst pulling this ****.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

So you basically didnt learn anything from this?

So again, another player or person who has shown a history of blowing up and resorting to physical violence, who has been dismissed every where theyve gone... and again because you cant read the future, youd be like, sure give that guy a chance. And then act indignant all over again when/if that person once again shows you who they are and other people are like, whatd you expect?

Got it.

Strange, bizarre hill to die on but we all gotta go someway i guess.

clutchdabear and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They should, but it would probably not be hard to delay a trial through the end of the contract, so they wouldn’t risk a conviction until after all the money was received.

Yung-T and Easy like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In any dimension there is a fchowd.....be sure of that.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

everyone knew she was going to come out with a statement protecting him. she left the WNBA to be an NBA girlfriend. unfortunately KPJ is her cash cow. unfortunately for her and him, regardless if the case is dismissed or not, the public has already turned on him and rightfully so. no NBA team is touching him, ask Ray Rice.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

#1671 daywalker02, Sep 13, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2023
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The irony of using the word "indignant" here is hilarious

HP3 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are not so wrong, but she was not really a star or a good player in the WNBA in the first place.

Not there is anything wrong with that because she is attractive enough to make money as a model or on Only Fans if she wishes.

Dude, Elizabeth Cambage who was the starting Center of the Aussie women team is on Only fans and she was a massive Center.

14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Hopefully she keeps the charges and this doesn’t just get sweep under the table.
    This might happen since we seen it a lot of times especially when the league like the NFL or NBA get involved
    Sometimes victims would tried to protect their abuser or feel like it’s their fault.

It’s good that there were other witnesses.
    Whatever the details are, we do know that he hit her and that should be enough for the Rockets to moved from KPJ and waived or cut him.
    Even if she forgives him or the NBA just suspends him for a few games or a year. The Rockets should just cut him and move on.

Joe Rocket and Pistol Pete like this.
  15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

OJ Simpson was not just simply a domestic violence case. It was the murder of two people and of course their families were going to pursue the civil trial after he was acquitted on the criminal charges. The families don't have the emotional attachment that causes domestic violence survivors to not pursue charges against their abusers. What makes you think KPJ will get the OJ Simpson treatment rather than the Chris Brown, Ray Rice, Miles Bridges cases were there was no civil suit at all despite their wealth? Have you even seen Kysre Gondrezick's response today?

Again, you are shortsighted. If we waive KPJ he is entitled to his full guaranteed amount, $16M this year and $1M next year. If we can void the contract we should, or if we can suspend him for the season and deny him his pay that way we should. Waiving him outright and guaranteeing his pay on the off chance that Ms Gondrezick sues him into bankruptcy is downright idiotic.

16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ off the bench was going to be a disaster anyway,

17. Landry's Tooth

Many serial killers do go to institutions.

I'm not suggesting letting him go, people like you who think he should be free after 6 month or a year in prison think that...

If he's a danger, he stays... if the cure him, so be it...

Is there some reason you feel a need to misrepresent what I said?

Save me the time... do I just mute you and move on?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hey, Landry Tooth, I remembered having conversations with you and you were not that uptight and easy to shut down...

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ironic that you say I'm misrepresenting what you said when you misrepresent what I said.

I totally understand what you say. You think your way is more progressive but in effect you are just shifting the judgment from the justice system to the psychological people, from forensic evidence to subjective diagnosis, from action-consequence to sickness-cure.

If KPJ's problem is mental, he's the poster boy of why fixing mental illness to solve criminal justice issues does not work the vast majority of the time. If he could be fixed, he would have been fixed already. If all the resources he got couldn't change him, what kind of results do you expect the vast majority of the average Joes who have similar issues? You would institutionalize all those people for life.

I am crossing into D&D territory. I'm gonna stop here. If you want to put me on Ignore, go right ahead. I won't even notice.

YOLO and daywalker02 like this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She had a broken vertebrae
    She’s also an athlete so that will severely impact her job
    It’s not like she’s an accountant or Disney writer
    @ROXRAN