1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

What a pathetic last ditch effort. Yes youre so unbothered by what we say on the internet thats why you have over 100,000 posts and you just had to come in and lie and try to defend yourself because "you dont care". GTFOH LOL Im pretty sure you need to log off and seek help from your KPJ addiction right about now.

HardenReturns, clutchdabear and YOLO like this.
  2. Landry's Tooth

Do you consider all people with mental health issues to be evil or just the black ones?

Why this one?

People are capable of good an evil. No person is purely evil or purely good.

If he can't control his own actions because he's not on a medication then he deserves some consideration for that.

Doesn't excuse the attack, but does add context to best way to move forward.

The guy is clearly not right and it's been said for years. Stop pretending he's of sound mind and body...

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Racist posts, please give an example.......I am 100% a bleeding heart liberal - and I don't care if you like me or not......I don't know you, and I put zero value in what is said on the web.....

I post a lot to vent - and to discuss the team I love......in the D&D well, I hate the crook Trump....so,,,,, if you are one of his disciples than i now know why you are on ignore.

I will go back to ignoring you soon, young man....don't you worry.

DD

4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

LMAO all I can do is laugh at this.

5. Landry's Tooth

Little different context. Primo wasn't good on the court and neither was KPJ in Cleveland.

He showed enough talent in Houston you could see the payoff if he kept his head right.

I'm not in the building so i can't tell you what sort of relationship he has with various people. If you have a good one with the right people you get more chances.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. DaDakota

Good we finally have something in common, been laughing at you all night.

DD

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Not looking for anything in common with you.

8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll give you credit for these parts, this is all we’re asking you ex-KPJ stans to say.

DaDakota likes this.
  9. DaDakota

Ok, then good night - sleep tight, and Go Rockets !

Said it many times, but it moves down the page, people miss it etc...hell I want on Rockets watch ON ****ING CAMERA and said it.....but whatever, people don't pay attention or don't really care, they just want to feel better about themselves.....

DD

Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Screw that bot and those other bots that obviously the rockets paid off to be some sort of bad troll army. That’s not what I’m talking about with the clutch fans community. If any of the old school folks here want to call me out for inflating my fandom then please do so. I’ve been around a minute… and I can honestly say the violence part was new to me even.

I didn’t like KPJ the player or the person of course (long history of arguing for him to be relegated and yes took heat for that). However I understand how reasonable people could still both not know about the violence and also not want to waive him because of the locker room incident and the other clownish behavior. They were wrong but it doesn’t mean they were bad people supporting a monster.

I just think folks should separate the bots and trolls like Bobby and stop trying to lump everyone who says they didn’t know into the category of complicit jerks.

I’ll just leave it there and ask we point the finger more at the direction of the leadership of this org who (if found to have known of course) have disgraced the franchise I’ve loved all my life and the city I’ll go to my grave defending.

This sucks and the fans deserve better.

Buck Turgidson, Easy and topfive like this.
  11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Do you think that people just randomly picked KPJ out of all the players that have been on this team to say....."Hey, that guy is no good to have around, we should probably get rid of him"

OR, maybe...Just maybe....Folks saw something in him?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are dead wrong. We knew KPJ was a ****-up. We knew he was a bad fit to be around young players. We knew he was a selfish player. We knew he quit on the team a lot. You kept defending him while he was still screwing up. You were annoyed because you don't evaluate players very well and don't like to be told that.

13. VoR

VoR Member

No more emotional damage products. Overall, this will end up a positive for the team. Bring in Cameron Payne.

14. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very good points

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

There we go, I knew the real you was there somewhere lol

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. DaDakota

No, I don't think anyone KNEW anything there was conjecture, and I personally was bothered by how many people were just blasting a Rox player because they didn't like him or that he did some stupid **** when he was 20 - don't forget at my age I have seen the BEFORE the internet and BEFORE social media time where players did really stupid **** and it wasn't reported - so i am willing to give young talented players a little rope to see if they can climb up it or hang themselves with it....

KPJ hung himself - but there have been just as many over the years that matured and grew into great NBA PLAYERS, that is what I was hoping for, I tend to HOPE more than HATE......and I give more chances to players especially when we are tanking.

Both Christian Wood and KPJ have above average NBA skills - but they are troubled.......I have ZERO issue with my favorite team kicking the tires and looking at them both.

And from moving on......rarely do they work out but if they do, you got a gem for nothing, and that is exciting stuff.

IN the end, didn't work out - KPJ should go to jail, Rox move on.....and all the year long back and forth bullshit - matters NOT AT ALL !!!!

DD

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I forgot how much I enjoy the comedy that is the screeching simpletons around here, tonight was a fun reminder. Thanks for all who contributed.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Absolutely nobody could see this coming :rolleyes:

Dude is just a POS

daywalker02 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t want to say too much about this months from now so I’ll address it now.

First, I am not at all surprised that KPJ is in serious trouble, I’m only surprised it took this long.

He has been kicked off every team he has played for since high school. He was told to go home from his high school team, his AAU team told him to leave… USC told him he wasn’t invited back… the Cavs dumped him and now the Rockets will.

I am sure the Rockets front office and ownership will claim they are surprised and that he was a great guy - and that is a lie and they are covering their poor judgment. Porter had a known history of violence against women and being erratic. This was the case before he joined the Rockets and while he was a Rocket.

The front office purposely overlooked poor behavior and insubordination and atrocious acts of the court. The Rockets let him be a bully in practice and treat people in and outside the organization very poorly.

I have seen some people blame Silas. I don’t know how to put this nicely, so I will just say it - Stephen Silas is an idiot, easily manipulated and lacks the backbone to stand up. He let his general manager use him as cover on a lot of things that he didn’t want to do - because he wasn’t strong enough to put his foot down. He was influenced by how the GM felt about Porter and he also was duped by a player that knew the right things to say after screwing up.

Stone is the one that should be fired IMO. He is the general manager of a multi billion dollar NBA team and he was suckered by a 20-21 year old. Stone excused everything Porter said and did, it was covered up or when made public, KPJ received a slap on the hand. Stone showed insanely poor character judgment not only keeping KPJ on the team, but claiming he was the leader of the team and ENCOURAGED young top players like Jalen Green to bond with Porter.

The ability to draft or sign free agents is important for a GM, but so is building and establishing a culture. Seeing the commends of Stone’s wife only cements to me that Stone lacks the basic maturity of character needed to be a GM.

This is sad and terrible all the way around. KPJ is responsible for trying to murder his girlfriend…. But the Rockets under their GM enabled Porter.

Things like these are why you hear reports around the league that the Rockets organization is toxic or a bad environment or terrible for young players. The stories I have heard about the Rockets from inside and outside the organization are something else.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I think they are being separated. Isnt that the first thing I said to you in this thread? i dont even remember havent a debate with you are you attacking anyone over KPJ. Thats what this discussion is about.