1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Porter needs to be in prison. I hope she can heal both physically AND mentally from this.

Crashlanded19 and Snow Villiers like this.
  2. kpdark

kpdark Member

3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Himself, the team, his family, any young player who hopes to work his way back from bad decisions… he screwed things up for a lot of people. Hopefully, he makes something of himself, not just for his own sake, but for everyone he encounters in his future endeavors.

Rashmon, hlmbasketball and Dredd like this.
  4. Landry's Tooth

Maybe Jalen will thrive in the 6th man role that KPJ is passing away... might do some good to take responsibility off him...

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I like the aggression that he plays with. I like that he plays like he gives a damn, yes I like that part of his personality. I do NOT like the selfishness and attitude he displays at times, but I also recognize he's young and grew up with issues at home (dad passing away, etc.). I absolutely DO NOT like that he punched a woman in the face and cracked her skull, and want the Rockets to cut ties with him. Is it clear now, lol?

Plowman and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. Landry's Tooth

He needs psychiatric help. Prison is only a temporary solution. What happens when he's just as crazy 18 months later when he gets out?

amaru likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Repeatedly meaning the Devil is in him.......Should be with professionals around the clock.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

All basketball issues aside...this is a terrible thing to see. I really thought he was finally getting his s*** together. Assuming these allegations are true, his career is over and he should be in prison.

AroundTheWorld, BMoney and SamFisher like this.
  9. Landry's Tooth

I generally feel the same way. I think the only way I don't cut him is:

1) He was on some sort of substance when it happened.
    2) He checked into a mental health facility indefinitely until they can solve these issues

If a year on meds and therapy straighten him out, I could see a chance at earning his way back... I don't think those things would happen though. Ego and lifestyle get in the way.

#809 Landry's Tooth, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why do people still doubt this is true, these type of injuries are surely not self inflicted, you cannot fake that in a couple of hours.

This is the most baffling thing, when evidence is there.

This is Porter we are talking about and not some stranger we never know of......who could be more innocent.

It is in Arabian news, in Mexican news, in Indian news, it is now written all over the web.

Everyone knows about Porter now. We should be talking what the NBA does and the Rockets from now on.....and not say 'Assuming this is true'

We do not assume, we know for sure until someone comes out and says Kevin Porter was portrayed by Omar Epps and it was not Porter.

#810 daywalker02, Sep 12, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  11. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Idgaf what kind of meds, therapy, or whatever kind of help he receives. He CANNOT play for the Rockets again. His time in Houston is over. The quicker Houston is able to cut him, the quicker we can get this dark cloud from over the rest of the team.

12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he breaks another law 18 months later, then he faces the consequences, perhaps more jail time.

13. Rocketeer

If the reports are true, he needs to be cut from the team ASAP because of his history. People are creatures of habit, he's bound to behave with this type of aggression again unless he gets help and learns how to control himself.

Plowman and tinman like this.
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Everyone has issues, I lost my mom at a young age to cancer. Im not a criminal. I was in the military, I lost an uncle in 9/11 etc Lost a cousin to gun violence. we all go through things. It doesnt lead to me choking a pretty young girl and breaking her collar bone. I was even a borderline alcoholic while I was in the Navy, got into a couple of fights never half killed anyone though. Im sick of this being used as scapegoat for this *******.

15. Rocketeer

Nobody is making an excuse for him? I said I WAS rooting for him to develop into a better player and person... up until this recent incident. People are complex, especially ones with mercurial personalities and past traumas like KPJ.

Plowman and tinman like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At this point the reports are not just true, they are getting more aggravating, .......worse and worse for him.

But why not just admit I am a KPJ fan and I root for him. And I stand by him.

That is at least being honest.

There is no IF in his.....the reports are 99.99% true.

I am not malicious but I would have predicted that he had a meltdown during practice or game but this is far more serious.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You said you aren't making an excuse for him but your last sentence is an excuse.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Good ****ing Lord man. KPJ is a scumbag and a despicable human being.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People root for rehabilitation and success stories. That's what they were statong lol.

And use a little more empathy. KOJ's mental health issues are not just a result of losing a father but the circumstances of why he lost his father. He was raised in a damaged impoverished home. Losing a mother to cancer as a child is absolutely devastating and the last thing I want is to make light of such a tragic devastating event in your life but KPJ's situation is more than just losing a parent. Poverty, being surrounded by crime and violence etc also is a factor.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

No you said you liked his personality of all things. Then you named poor personality traits and a bunch of contrived bullshit about toughness and threw in his father for extra seasoning because you knew you had a weak point. Its getting weaker by the second.