1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm confused. Is @Rocketeer your alt?

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Get him outta here.

kubli9 likes this.
  3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

hopefully.

cmoak1982 and Yung-T like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He's a sack of ****.

Downtown Sniper, Yung-T and kubli9 like this.
  5. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Great post man!

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

See my signature if you can*

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I guess I was “fooled.” I’d rather bet on people than miss out on them. DD absolutely wasn’t the only one who thought KPJ had something that could matter. Again, look at my moniker and the picture by my name. I hope KPJ gets help.

DaDakota, BigMaloe, BMoney and 4 others like this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Not worried about his trauma. He choked a woman, he needs to be banned from the NBA BEFORE HE KILLS SOMEONE.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yikes.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Difference is you didn't go out of your way to intentionally antagonize those who were skeptical. DD did, which is why he is getting dunked on.

11. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL at the guy who called an autistic person the R-word lecturing anyone on revealing what type of person they are.

Fact is you blindly defended KPJ's character despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary leaving you dead dumbass wrong AGAIN And the Rockets are not worse getting rid of that nut case who was never gonna come off the bench without acting like an idiot.

#392 Pistol Pete, Sep 11, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Voided contract a possibility.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The most prudent thing here is for people like

@DaDakota and @Bobbythegreat to just come clean and admit that they were on the wrong side of the fence. As I posted last year people with this sort of record, just don’t really change.

Jalen Green might not end up being another Anthony Edwards, but he also is not going to end up with multiple issues like this over the course of his career. Porter has some deep issues. It is what it is.

as for the team, this is truly for the best. It might handicap the amount of games that we win the next year or two but it will allow more minutes for Amen and Cam. Our spot up shooting definitely takes a hit and we will have to do something about that I would guess. But the minutes now will go to the players that have higher percentage, odds of being a long-term staple of the future.

16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

That’s understandable. Who doesn’t like a comeback story? But at the same time, you don’t accuse other people of being haters when they had reasonable doubt, which DD did. He went way too far.

YOLO likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Outside of their media personality, we don't know sh** about most athletes&celebrities, so it's a good lesson that interviews or behind the scene footage is useless in judging character.

The red flags were unfortunately obvious due to his numerous toxic actions, which speak louder than words.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not quoting just you, Yinka, but the idea that many people post about his iq, and I totally understand what you're saying. Maybe correct with air fryer comparison, haha.

From what I read about people with violent outbursts and impulse control issue though, it's not strictly about intelligence. They might be otherwise smart (um, not that we saw that on the basketball court in this case), but they don't have coping skills or the ability to de-escalate a confrontation or stressful situation. Once any of us get locked into fight-or-flight (running through the amygdala in the brain), bad things can happen. That's how a lot of mob behavior gets so ugly, for example, even though the people aren't all idiots. Most of us, thank god, can recognize it and back off before that brain pathway is locked and loaded.

None of this excuses what he did. No way. But he failed (and whoever is supposed to help him also failed) to get the tools a normal adult has to avoid this kind of tragic crap. Ugh.

I do kind of wonder if the woman locked the hotel room door initially b/c she was scared of him, and that might suggest this had happened before but not to this severity and not with witnesses.

All sad. (Except for the Rockets basketball team. In terms of our team, this is like when your elderly relative fails a driving test. Like, I'm real sad for you, but this is for the family's best interest, pops.)

DeBeards, HP3 and gifford1967 like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Basketball is now the least of KPJ's concerns. Let's hope his gf is ok and makes a speedy recovery, and is able to get away from him.

DaDakota likes this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I’m guilty of loving DD, even though I still think it’s weird he “signs” his posts :)

DaDakota and SamFisher like this.