1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Did you even read, bro? I didn't go at DD for liking him. I don't give a flying **** who DD likes or dislikes. I went after DD for aggressively going after anyone who brought up his flags. This is precisely why you don't jump to thinking people are redeemed, because real change takes a long time and relapses are a very real thing.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I love his basketball talent, think he is mercurial, and the NBA is littered with crazy guys getting it together and maturing - I was HOPEFUL that would be KPJ.

Clearly it didn't turn out that way - so I move on - don't really care about whether other people's assumptions were right.....or that mine were wrong.

The reality is - he deserves to be cut, and all that matters to me is she gets the help she needs and that the Rockets move on.

DD

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Here we go, void it

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Good riddance, this dude was terrible from a basketball perspective and looks like he's even worse from a human perspective.

All the KPJ defenders propping him up the last two years, we told you guys

5. jayfree

jayfree Member

DD also believes OJ is innocent and Rodman never did anything to deserve a technical

bmelo and AlperenSengun like this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

To me, it doesnt matter if you're privileged or not. A life is a life. It's about his life and obviously with this incident, he is throwing it away.

Just because a person has money, doesnt maje him any better, worse or whatever. For example, just because a person is on the streets, ran into hard luck, does it make him any worse than you or I? No!

7. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

Boys react with physical outbursts.

Men are emotionally developed enough to know that hitting a woman is stupid, wrong and accomplishes nothing.

So Kevin Porter is a stupid child - and he is going to learn, possibly for the first time in his life that there are consequences for the actions he decided to take.

I wrote on here over a year ago that I would root for KPJ, but asking him to mature and develop on an NBA timeline just wasn't feasible, especially when mental illness is mixed in.

KPJ has had a really hard life - but he has done a lot of it to himself.

JoeBarelyCares, Deuce, xaos and 13 others like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is not a functioning human being.

Barely a good player.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

100%. That's my point too. It was ultimately the responsibility of the Houston Rockets all the way up to Tillman to not be harboring a monster. And shame on the PR/Media guys too if they knew something and never reported it out for fear of being in trouble with the Rockets.

It was never reported in the Rockets local media OR with the insiders even here (TO ME AT LEAST... might have missed it, and for that I'm sorry) that KPJ was a monster, and potentially violent. It was only over issues like the Harden locker, etc. I wish I would have at least had the information before about the issue in Cleveland, and the issue with him at the club where he apparently took a laptop from a DJ and smashed it. That is a sign of violence that extends beyond the information I previously had to work with.

Also shame on teammates, and former players too for not wanting to call the guy out. Maybe he is likable at time, and they do want him to get better. But someone should have been raising the red flag that this kid needs help before someone gets hurt, and that the Rockets are make the matter worse by harboring him, and trying to insulate him.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Do I think DD supports people who commit violence against women? No, of course not. I don't have a high opinion at all of DD, but even he knows where to draw the line. I AM hoping DD remembers this the next time he jumps on others for being appropriately skeptical of another's character.

dobro1229 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

then that's you. were you in these same feeling about delonte west when he was sleeping outside homeless. were you all concerned about his well being bc well a life is a life. Yeah I bet his situation didn't even matter

yeah it does matter. when you're in a place of privilege you clearly have opportunities the average person does not. but he's a moron. historically has a long list of issues and has had every chance to do better. didn't happen and hasn't happened. who gives af. i don't need to feel sorry for him whatsoever nor does anyone else.

depends on what the reason that person is on the streets for. If that person fcked himself over for stupid reasons, then yeah it makes that person worse. your grade school logic really doesn't make much sense. if you ended up on the streets bc you blew all your money gambling, drug use or anything along those lines then yeah you most definitely are worse than those who are smarter to not to get to that point

#291 YOLO, Sep 11, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2023
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

I would sincerely hope people wouldn't judge a human being as fast as people have shown online with KPJ in cases like this. I feel sorry for both KPJ and his girl. This is just a sad case of everybody loses, nobody wins. And I still hope KPJ gets the support he requires and people will stand by him, if he has been showing willingness to change and or will do so now.

Let's not forget, one of our beloved Rockets Vernon Maxwell has been accused of some wild ****. He's not paid child support, gone to jail for some things, yet now we're all hanging KPJ by the noose? Come on now...I get it, Rockets most likely will need to cut him and most likely should, but aside from the gloating and trying to go after people on here - which is only feeding negativity - can we at least not act all high and mighty here?

13. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Bye bye!
    Good riddance! See you never!

Rockets34Legend likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean he hid it during at least 2-3 seasons.....likely with medication.

well enough to everyone here so no fingers pointed from me.

Again search for why he was dismissed from USC Campus .......they covered it up.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

I mean throwing soup at people is pretty violent and while it sounds funny on the surface, could cause serious burns. It shouldn't be surprising to see somebody who can't control his temper escalate his behavior. That's how these things go more often than not, unfortunately.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD was over the top for damn sure,

Joe Rocket likes this.
  17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Comparing this psychopath to boys is actually a disservice to children. They need to keep him far away from the Rockets facilities because I am genuinely fearful for the team’s safety after cutting him.

clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  18. Spooner

Spooner Member

You know a player is a scrub when the majority of the responses are about DaDakota instead of the guard we are likely losing. At any rate, you guys should leave DD alone. We might have had different opinions about KPJ but all he was doing was supporting a member of the team.

B-Bob and NewAge like this.
  19. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Bye bye!
    Good riddance! See you never!

Looks like girlfriend has been arrested for domestic violence before too.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

u can’t be serious…

I guess KPJ gotta graduate to attempted murder before some of y’all get it

What is showing willingness to change supposed to accomplish? It was easy enough for him to catfish a lot of y’all with some “the Rockets saved my life” quotes and showing up to Ime’s intro presser. KPJ will never learn