1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do I have to thank for my college tuition doubling?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bottlerocket, Aug 13, 2004.

1. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

mine went up from $1700 to $2500. That just sucks.

2. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

come on guys.. poor rick perry has to pay 14,625 per SEMESTER for tuition ALONE without the activity fees etc.. just so his son can have the honor of going to the same school as me..

so he knows about paying for college ;)

3. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

that was meant in a joking manner.. he prob isn't that hard up for money...

but seriously.. doesnt uh offer decent financial aid etc or no?

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Rocketman Tex,

I thought it was 3 dollars and hour. I remember my sister paying less than $200 per semester including fees in 80.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

To be honest with you this doesn't hurt poor people much because their grants will probably offset this. However, it kills the middle class who don't get grants. I feel sorry for these kids with 50K+ in debt coming out of college and having to take that $10 an hour job.

6. surrender

surrender Member

I'm paying $3050 for 15 hours at UH this semester.

The problem isn't the tuition, it's the fees: my tuition is $1750, but the fees are $1300. Good thing I'm commuting this semester, or the bill would have been much higher.

7. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

Why do you mock the fact that many hard-working men and women find it financially difficult if not impossible to attend fine state schools such as the University of Houston?

8. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well I was going to move out this semester. But no, tuition gets jacked up and I'm still stuck at home. F' you Bush & Perry!