1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Tigers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Hunter Brown? Is “uh oh!” the right reaction?

[​IMG]

2. Radricky

Radricky Member

Still just 1 game out of first place....

ROCKSS and PiPdAdY33 like this.
  3. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

During this season I have supported our guys through thick and thin. Not because my son is on this team but because these guys work their asses off for you. I am truly sick of the bashing of all our players. If you don’t want to support our guys go find another effffing team

Houstunna, ryan_98 and IBTL like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. Lol. Geez. Well her son does suck.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Females lol

IBTL and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  6. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

@Nook is there chatter about what’s going on with this team? It seems Something wayoff internally- just curious if anything has floated by you

IBTL likes this.
  7. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

We are struggling.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No leadership.

DD

9. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Isn't this the home of the free?

Isn't there some document that gives is the right to complain and speak our minds?

Isn't this board specifically an outlet for us as fans to vent and give our opinions about this team?

Who the hell are you to tell me to leave.

I try to be as positive as possible since I started following this team in 1978.

But truth is truth. This team has about 20-22 players that deserve to be in the majors.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I haven’t heard a lot the last 2-3 weeks, some of that is when the pressure amps up I tend to hear less as everyone is either nervous or doesn’t want to talk about things when they are bad.

Best information I can give you is that the Astros intend to make changes in the front office, they intend to add more people. Brown didn’t have time to do that and Crane preached being patient to get the guys they really want in place.

I know a lot of fans are starting to blame Brown, but he doesn’t have much to do with this other than stuff on the margins. He has been here like half a year.

I personally (not inside information) expect Baker gone and Maldonado gone or offered the back up catchers gig or whatever role he wants in the front office.

Having a powerful manager that isn’t on the same page as the GM is usually not a good thing. The next manager will be decided by Crane, but it will be someone Brown likes and can work with.

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

amen

12. Qan

Qan Member

Well, can't blame Pressly's mother. Her son did fck up, but he was overused and strained anyways....all this points back to Dusty. Fck Dusty.

IBTL and Stephen66 like this.
  13. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

That was Jan Pressly's tweet not my words

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Pretty amazing that we are out at all considering the team in front of us lost 8 in a row.
    The Ranger are begging someone to take the division from them.

desihooper and Buck Turgidson like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

I'd love a proper pennant race, but I'd like to watch some good baseball at the same time.

Is that too much to ask?

IBTL, Nook and whiskeyred like this.
  16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I think he knows

Stephen66 likes this.
  17. Jags

Jags Member

Do you think Brown/Crane would go after a first-time manager? Any particular names you think would make good candidates? I find it more difficult to keep up with up and coming coaches in MLB compared to the NBA.

And of course if they prefer an experienced manager, would love to hear your insights on who would be a good fit. Thanks!

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Pressly was pitching his 4th game in 6 days. First two outs were K's, then after his PC went near 20 everything fell apart. He's still awesome and can be trusted, even in 1-run games. He has 3 saves in 1-runners this month and yesterday's runs were his first ones surrendered this entire month. Dude needs a breather not pitch again until Tuesday earliest, preferably Wednesday.

The offense was our demise yesterday. Those guys need to get going and we need to play our best lineups. The division is right there for the taking.

19. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Please don't take my post as directed to you.

It was directed at Jan Pressly.

I just replied to you so it would be attached to the words.

Stephen66 and Tomstro like this.
  20. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I still trust Pressly.

No reason the team shouldn't have had a bigger lead and he should have been on the bench getting ready for today's game.

The team has lost 3 in a row which by itself is not tragic. As long as the roster was managed wisely and now is in better position to win moving forward.

That's not the case. They lost and the bullpen is worse (fatigue - over used)

This is on Dusty not Pressly.

Dusty needs to realize that Diaz is an everyday player and Julks, Singleton, and Dubon are bench guys who should only start if another starter gets injured or needs a rest.