1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelly Iko: Rockets team to watch for Joel Embiid

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Aug 16, 2023.

1. kpdark

kpdark Member

2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yes he is that delusional

3. Rochut

Rochut Member

Too injury prone to be worth betting the farm on him. Hard pass.

cheke64, Joe Rocket, cml750 and 2 others like this.
  4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Embiid is definiteno Hakeem. But sounds SIMILAR to Hakeem at same point in his career. Some people forget Hakeem had issues with the front office. Wanted to be traded. Was accused of faking injury himself. He averaged literally 63 games the previous 2 years before his age 30 season.

Definite issues with Embiid's playoff choking, and his injury history. Is he closer to Jokic, or Demarcus Cousins in the making? (Embiid is just a year older than Jokic). I think if Embiid wanted to go to Houston, would have to strongly talk offers at least.

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Imagine getting this triggered by someone talking about a player on the team whose forum you're on. Get a life my guy.

Disclaimer: This is a Rockets fan forum. Fans may say tremendous and grandiose things about players on the team (That may come true if we're extremely lucky). If you're upset by this please read the definition of Fanatic and then STFU.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

No thanks.

kaw1988 likes this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Member

If Embiid was 24-25 years old I could see this potentially happening but he is about to be on the wrong side of 30 and already has a bad history with injuries. As I said earlier in this thread, I am excited about our rebuild. I think Ime will work winders with our youth. I am excited to see this team grow and see no need to blow it up for an oft injured player with a history of playoff choking.

Besides if Joel forces his way out of Philly then he would already have a history of a trait I am getting tired of seeing in the NBA with divas trying to force their way off teams. We just went through this with Harden. If Embiid does it once I can easily see him doing it again to his next team in a year or two.

AroundTheWorld and kaw1988 like this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't believe Iko

Bo6, Joe Rocket, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  9. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

That is not our process! Big pass

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Would not give up any of Sengun, Green, Bari or Tari for that dude. Not at his age with his injury history and lack of dominance in the playoffs. Not saying any of those guys will ever be MVP's just that we do not know what they will become and we do know Embid, in his prime, has not lived up to the expectations. Even as an MVP (which I personally think should have gone to Jokic), he fizzled out in the biggest moments. No thanks.

Joe Rocket and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

DANG IT!! :mad:

I
    WANT
    HIM
    NOW...o_O

Go Rockets!!!

DeBeards and SamFisher like this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My assumptions:
    If Philly loses Harden and then trades Embiid, it's for what purpose?
    A rebuild.
    Therefore they're going to want a bunch of our young players and picks.

Not sure this board is going to like us trading away one or two of our "franchise players".

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Trust the process.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

An Embiid trade is Costing you Jabari & Sengun plus multiple 1st round picks for starters.

Pass.

and a Hard pass on an often injured 29 year old player with a ton of mileage.

Little Bit and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né
    Jock-a-mo fee na-né

16. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Might want to check the quotes/stats in my post and see who they actually refer to. :) I agree that Embiid/Hakeem sound quite similar at this point, and Embiid's legacy is yet to be defined, the same way Hakeem went from one of the best of his era, to one of the greatest of all time in his 30s.

It's a bit unthinkable now that you had both Charles Barkley and Hakeem being very available in the summer of 1992, and how poor the overall offers were looking back. The Heat could probably have had Hakeem if they had been willing to include either Steve Smith or Glen Rice along with Rony Seikaly.

Then I look inwards at my own fondness for our prospects, and all the red flags we are drumming up surrounding Embiid despite his current MVP status, and have to think whether Sengun will be our Smith/Rice; the one young guy who was deemed untouchable that looks ridiculous in hindsight.

Shroopy2 likes this.
  17. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Do not want this wannabe Hakeem

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

DO NOT WANT reigning MVP

It will kill our summer league depth

OremLK likes this.
  19. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

With Landale injured, it makes sense to have a nice back up behind Sengun

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think I generally like our young guys a lot more than you do and am much higher on the team's future, and I have mixed feelings on trading some of them before we find out their ultimate ceilings, however:

I can't believe we have the number of posters we do talking like trading for the MVP of the entire league is some kind of "hell no, never" move. Like... what?

[​IMG]

Mr.Scary, SamFisher and J.R. like this.