1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden: Daryl Morey is a Liar

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Roomba, Aug 14, 2023.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

TexasTofu and mtbrays like this.
  2. thumps

thumps Contributing Member

So glad this mess is far away from the Rockets. Harden's statement was stupid and shortsighted, as it just makes him more difficult to trade and more teams will be hesitant to trade for a player who is so eager to blow things up when he doesn't get his way.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

I think this is not a good financial move in the long term for Harden, only so many bridges you can burn before you are out of options.

Honestly, neither Harden or Morey look good out of this.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Is this from his Ted Talk?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

I like to believe that he spelled Daryl Morrey wrong in honor of the longest running gag.
    That's what stood out to me.
    But man, Daryl has always had Harden's back. Telling us he's better than MJ, granting all of Harden's wishes and much more.

Easy and Roomba like this.
  6. ExTexanNowEastCoast

come on, McHale? GMAFB. McHale was a joke of a coach. Noticed no one has hired him since he was fired from here? Has he even gotten an interview? Maybe he and the Van Gundy brothers can meet for breakfast at Denny’s and discuss what’s wrong with todays players. Too bad no one will care to listen.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I understand there was probably a wink-wink deal somewhere in there, but nobody has taken more arrows for James Harden than Daryl Morey. Daryl catered to his every whim, which in part enabled him to become the monstrous diva he is today. I think those that defended Harden here in Houston see him now turning on Daryl and they're thinking they could never go to bat for this guy.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If Morey agreed to pay him this summer when he took the pay cut last year, it feels understandable that he'd turn on Morey

Neither look good in this situation, imo

clos4life likes this.
  9. a time to chill

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Obviously Morey said if you opt-in (last year), we'll give you a max deal after the season. Didn't happen.

Morey may have screwed him over, but how do you not opt out this year if he did unless you knew you weren't worth anywhere near that much?

11. tksense

tksense Member

Harden still performed relatively well, he'd still at least get a good multi-year deal had he opted out.
    Now with his poor attitude he himself made public to all, no one will sign him to his talent's worth anymore cos he's bound to show poor attitude again.

Harden doesnt seem to care that burning bridge like this will hurt his business bottomline, it's the first time it will hurt him cos he's so used to getting his way and just getting max no questions asked. He might not get his way anymore, but he's not gonna change that attitude.

Easy and clos4life like this.
  12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Soften has nothing to gain because he lost whatever respect he had already. He lost all of that when he asked out of 3 organizations in the last 4 years. Not only asked out but demanded what team he wanted to go to. So **** him.

13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Paycut? Who was offering Soften more money? No one was going to give him 30m plus this year. The “only” paycut was the last years player option. But in reality he knew he wasn’t going to get 35 million this year

#53 AleksandarN, Aug 14, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
  14. dmoneybangbang

I’m sure there was a wink wink deal……

But Harden messed that up with his playoff performance. It’s asinine to suggest that wink wink money was there for Harden unconditionally.

15. i3artow i3aller

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its funny because Morey was his enabler for a decade in Houston. Without Morey mollycoddling Harden, Harden would really be pissed off at the world. Probably be walking around with spikey hair and black eyeliner talking avmbout cutting his wrists by now, as full on Goth Harden without Morey telling him "yes" to everything his entire time in Houston.

cheke64 and AleksandarN like this.
  17. Landry's Tooth

Let's just get serious... this is the only realistic deal I see where both sides get something...

To Kings: Harden
    To Sixers: Barnes, Huerter, 2 #1 picks

Sixers pick up a couple of role players and picks then hope Maxey becomes something more.

Kings can run out there:

Fox
    Harden
    Murray
    Lyles
    Sabonis

I think that's a likely top 2 seed.

If Harden doesn't work out, he walks and you just pick up a mid level replacement or do sign and trade.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now get the whole footage and not just snippets.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The 2nd Apron happened during that time span.....I think at least it would make things more complicated.

20. jayland

jayland Member

Did the crowd in China started cheering after Harden said that?