1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Google translator says:
    "Dumbasses believe what they want to believe."

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well Harden **** his own bed - the NBA said enough.....now he gets to find out the difference between a signed contract and UFA.

DD

3. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

KPJ, Tate and Jeff Green for Harden and 2 1st rounds

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden’s legendary Ghost will return....book it.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Always just super grateful we passed on the reunion in lieu of paying VanVleet, the ultimate professional. I was actually pro Harden for a while but I was wrong.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Same here. The talent is tempting, but the passive aggressiveness and the disappearing act when it matters is not.

xaos likes this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Just when I'm feeling down about my dad bod, seeing that side profile of Harden makes me feel like maybe I could be a professional athlete and that I look Luis Scola okay.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

10. prs325

prs325 Member

Welcome to Westbrook-value territory
    Glad he's not in Houston, was gonna use the Rox for leverage play only

11. Garner

Garner Member

Assume he was made a promise by the sixers he would be made whole for the pay cut which they’ve now back tracked on.

rhino17 likes this.
  12. Socrates

Socrates Member

If he was made a promise, why go through all the theatrics of going back to Houston. It makes more sense that he didn't have promise, thus he tried to use us as leverage.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't think this has anything to do with any promise he was made about his contract for taking a pay cut. And I think he was genuinely wanting to come back to Houston.

I think what he is calling Morey a liar about is getting him to opt in and trade him. Morey probably convinced him that he'd send him to one of his preferred destinations.

A day after it came out that the 6ers were ending trade talks and were planning on bringing him to camp James says Morey is a liar.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

There are also a lot of people here who, although sick and tired of losing, don't want to bring in someone who will lock up our cap space for the foreseeable future, only for the sake of trying to immediately jump back into contention. Whether you agree with tanking or not on principle, that's the direction the team chose and to many of us, the best way back to contention is to see that through. Bring in a few vets on non-max (or short-term max) contracts to lend stability. Lose again this year as we get used to a new coach, a new system, and more new players. Then work our way back into contention, rather than trying to make that leap in a single off-season.

I know I got worn down by Morey's perpetual quest to bring in another established superstar to pair with Harden. Now that both of those guys have moved on, let's continue the building process and see which of our talented youngsters might rise to occasion. If they only turn out to be quality starters at best, then maybe see about looking for a star elsewhere.

#4454 topfive, Aug 14, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    xaos and Easy like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

At the end of the day..... Morey is the GM of Sixers not of the James Hardens....

All these promises made aren't unconditional..... wink wink money may not happen if you are underwhelming (save a couple of big games) in the playoffs..... trade to preferred destination may not happen if the assets returning sucks.....

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden is destroying his value. Who would want to sign a long term max deal with a guy who has forced his way out of three teams in three years? And who would want to give up a farm to trade for a one year rental?

This is his contract year. A normal rational guy would behave and play his best to make sure teams would still have faith in him. Now he has practically trashed himself. He might as well half ass this season, collect his pay checks, and then go play with Dwight in Taiwan.

AroundTheWorld and xaos like this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This explanation makes more sense. The lying probably is not about a wink-wink deal but about the promise of trading him after the opt-in.

If that's the case, Morey deserves the blowback. He might have overestimated Harden's trade value. But Harden's trashing Morey in public only makes trading him even more difficult. Now let's see if Morey will cave in and just get rid of Harden for a poo poo platter, or give him the Ben Simmons treatment.

AroundTheWorld, xaos and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol dumbass

you’ve taken it from behind with your takes in the GARM year after year. Just quit basketball talk, back to soy shakes

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. prs325

prs325 Member

Deep down I can feel that Ben Simmons is loving this carnage

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  20. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Oh a happy day...