1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden says 'Daryl Morey is a liar…'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Aug 14, 2023.

1. NewAge

NewAge Member

OK, sorry, I misunderstood.

harold bingo likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BTW - This is all James fault, but James is this way because of Morey - he built James....into the entitled little b**** he is today.

DD

HillBoy, Sanctity, napalm06 and 2 others like this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Truth is there isn’t a max market for him anymore. The guy is past his prime and he seems to be the last to know. That opt in is his last major money option. I’d be shocked if he ever saw another mega deal.

DaDakota likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Moreys issues has always been treating players like assets while also giving his stars too much freedom and say in an organization. Harden went from being the latter and now he's the former

6. DaDakota

Harden is entering the Melo portion of his career....

DD

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Video from The Hoop Collective on ESPN:

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans beat Shams to the scoop this time ;)

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He can get both, Morey fired and banned from NBA (he basically admitting Morey tampered) while still demanding a trade. I think that's what he wants, he needs that revenge payback gratification.

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I’m guessing Morey told him they’d move him, or maybe they’d “try their best” to move him. James opted in. Now he’s seeing it isn’t likely to happen anytime soon, and he’s mad he didn’t opt out and risk a lower contract offer to get to the team he wanted. I haven’t looked, could the Clips have offered him much as a UFA? Can’t imagine they could with Paul and Kawhi.

I can understand the frustration but good lord is this a bad look for Harden. Professional athletes really do need to understand they can’t have their cake and eat it too. You signed the contract. You are beholden to that team. I don’t care what anyone says, it’s immoral to renege on that agreement because you want to play somewhere else. That’s why we have free agency. YOU as a player have to decide if you’re willing to risk not having a guaranteed contract so that you can become a UFA. You can’t pretend to be under contract and then publicly blast your employer because he won’t send you to your preferred destination at a loss for the team.

The league needs to do something about this. I wish Elon Musk was the owner. He clearly has no problem blowing 40B to make a point. He could buy multiple franchises (obviously not allowed) and choose to ruin the career of a whiny player by burying them on the bench or on the couch. What’s 36M to a guy that spends 40B on a platform and then proceeds to pretty much allow it to implode. I wish, kind of, someone would do that with the NFL.

You signed a contract. Honor that contract. You want out? Do it behind the scenes. The moment you take it public, is the moment I lose all respect for you as a person. These guys aren’t being taken advantage of. They’re making tens of millions to play a sport. Their only complaint is they can’t have the glory of winning or the fancy location they want to play. Too bad. So sad. GROW THE F UP!

/millennial boomer

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I missed the details — what is the supposed tampering?

12. a time to chill

posted this in the other NBA Dish thread:

Kevin McHale was driving around and called into NBA Sirius XM radio to give his two cents. Basically said that Morey and Harden were like Brangelina...the love affair is over. He feels terrible /s. LMAO.

I'm paraphrasing here:

Said he never did the little things (i.e. dirty work) to win a championship like ball distribution, being a great team defender, etc. He could do it, he just didn't want to do it. Blamed Morey for letting him slide for a lot of stuff and it has come back to bite him. He was at odds with Harden and Morey because of this issue. Morey was analytically driven and never demanded that James did the little things required of a top guy to win a championship. For example, James never in a team huddle would say that he would defend the other team's hot guy to shut him down. He was just content to score a lot. Said James' passing ability is elite. You can't teach that. The problem is that all the things you can teach him, he didn't want to do it.

Said in the playoffs, teams are good at taking away your first option, it's hard to take away your second and third option. Your top guy when he doesn't have the ball, can't stand around...he has to be cutting and moving. Said that Doc tried to get him to play this way and that's why Doc got fired.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

meh not our problem

HillBoy likes this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

What did Morey lie about exactly? Did Harden claim he guaranteed he’d trade him? Or did Morey say he’d work to trade him and Clippers, knowing Harden was demanding he go there, knew they didn’t have to offer much and basically tried to steal Harden from the 76ers?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. DaDakota

Yep, McHale got fired for asking James to play defense...that was one of the first dominoes to fall.....and that is Morey's fault.

DD

16. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I don’t miss either of them.

17. a time to chill

I didn't like how Harden called McHale a clown after he got fired. McHale is a 3x championship-winning hall of fame player. Was one of the best and played with the best, and you reject what he's telling you to do. That says a lot about how arrogant Harden is. It's why he'll never be a champion.

PuzzledFan, kjayp, Plowman and 4 others like this.
  18. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Glad these two **** aren’t on our team anymore.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Harden rips the only person in the NBA that still wants to deal with him... #BigBraneMove

Invisible Fan and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

James is (basketball wise) too old for the fat suit. Get in shape, be in shape, stay in shape.

Look towards another Rockets Legend™:

Maybe pull a Ben Simmons. “I got a back injury.” “My hamstring(s).” “My mental health.” (although I’m not sure what changed in the new CBA regarding any of this).

DeBeards likes this.