1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Orioles

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 8, 2023.

1. mightybosstone

I just checked ESPN, and it said they left 9 on base, which tracks. They had 11 hits, 5 walks and one hit batter. Out of 17 baserunners, 8 scored and 9 didn't. They didn't even have 21 baserunners in the game, so that figure is impossible.

seemoreroyals and IBTL like this.
  2. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Man Seattle just keeps winning.

Tomstro likes this.
  3. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

LOL leaving LMJ out there to get shelled helped save the bullpen for the series. It worked.

4. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

LOL leaving LMJ out there to get shelled helped save the bullpen for the series. It worked.

5. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Wonder if there’s a scheduled day off for Altuve or Yordan tomo. Should be a good spot for Singleton to either start at 1B or DH tomo. Diaz starting at C so might not be a bad lineup, even if one of Tuve or Yordan get a day off.

6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I just looked at the Ramgers schedule again, and the easy part of their schedule is pretty much over now. Meanwhile the Astros still have 9 games left against Oakland and KC. Just keep winning and everything else should fall into place.

Madmanmetz and 13 in 33 like this.
  7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No matter what happens tomorrow, I think the Orioles were too up for us.

8. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

It's looking look a sure rain out at game time tomorrow. Lots of heavy rain until about 3 to 4 pm. I'm guessing they will play it in the late afternoon or early evening if they can.

Tomstro likes this.
  9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Seems like every time we go to the east coast we have a damn rainout

Wulaw Horn and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Astros bullpen first 2 games:
    6 IP
    0 Runs
    3 Hits
    2 BBs
    8 Ks

Astros have outscored Baltimore 10-0, 5th inning on

Bullpen is slowly starting to get better rested. Nobody has pitched more than 2x since Saturday. Tomorrow needs be the Brown-France show. Brown pitches 5-7 innings, then France finishes the game. But the plan should definitely be France TOMORROW so 1) he's available again sooner and 2) Neris, Pressly, Gravemen, and Abreu all get rest.

Rainout = more rest

ROCKSS and AznH-TownFan like this.
  11. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

France is scheduled to start on Saturday, as we go to a 6 man rotation for now.

13 in 33, KelvinCato13 and Houstunna like this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

France with the One Week bullpen stint !!

Saturday start makes sense because yesterday was perfect opportunity for France in long relief.

Astros should have Maton, Stanek, Montero, and perhaps Graveman on deck for Thursday. Hopefully we can avoid using the main guys.

13. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Yet they are all still roofless

Tomstro likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jose Urquidy is not even shape and has a belly and picked over France who is in Great Shape.

Ridiculous choice, Urquidy and Scott Boras should leave to AAA.

J.P France deserves to be Starter and because of him the Astros Starters Garcia, Urquidy, LMJ going down and J.P stepping up. He deserves Full Credit.

CVcrew and RKREBORN like this.
  15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Curiosity sometimes gets the better of me and I check out posts from people on ignore.

It's always a mistake and I can't understand why I don't trust my own judgement.

16. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Would prefer giving Abreu and Maldy the day off. Lets go for the throat and sweep this series.

13 in 33, solid and RKREBORN like this.
  17. Frank_Duhon

Frank_Duhon Member

You used my other example. :)

PuzzledFan likes this.
  18. Kphorns14

Kphorns14 Member

True, but I think it’s more of monitoring Frances innings than anything. I believe he’s already thrown the most innings in a year of his career. I mean the dude is 28, but I guess they’re trying to keep him as fresh as possible.

marks0223 likes this.
  19. Kphorns14

Kphorns14 Member

Yup, and their remaining schedule is WEAK. Both us and the rangers should be keep an eye out for them.

20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

It’s not really weak it’s weird. I did a deep dive on this in my podcast the other day. They now have something like 47 games left. They play 1/2 against playoff teams (currently in the playoffs as of today) 1/2 against dregs (defined as Detroit on down in the AL and the Mets on down in the NL (so like- worst 9 teams in baseball) and only 3 games against mediocre teams in the middle (I think that’s Anaheim). It’s weird. They have the worst plus pretty good. Last 10 games of the year for them are Rangers and Houston. They will play a huge role in who wins the West. We have 6 games left with them- we damn sure better win at least 3 but 4 would be ideal.
    Good example is upcoming- they have 3 with Baltimore and then like 6 with Kc and Oakland or some nonsense.