1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we sleeping on Will Levis?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Nothing I have read indicates Mills has outplayed Stroud and he is not likely to bust. I can’t believe you are still spewing out this nonsense.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Again, I didn’t mean Mills outplayed Stroud. That was a mistake writing. Mills has been more consistent and outplayed him up until the back to back bad days for Stroud. Then Stroud was given all the reps with the 1s. Stroud hasn’t outplayed Mills.
    Stoerner, Harris and a few Twitter handles that have watched every practice have said as much. If neither has “taken” a commanding lead then Stroud should start. But he hasn’t “earned” anything. His draft position has

Yes, he is more likely to bust than be a franchise QB. Odds say as much. That’s not specific to him.

3. TheJet

TheJet Member

So is every other draft prospect, by the odds. Hell, the odds of having a successful NFL career at any position are stacked against. That's like boldly predicting that "player x" will never win a championship.

It's pretty obvious you dislike the kid and are projecting him to fail. I can't fathom feeling that strongly about a player on a team I root for and support before the games are even played.

Sooty, Zen Tabak, cbass and 5 others like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Correct, I don’t like him. I didn’t want him here predraft. I like nothing about him and his skillset outside of his accuracy.
    Ohio St, Avery and Mulugheta client, terrible under pressure, low physical upside.

With that being said, he’s on my team. I’m not going to actively root for him to fail. I wouldn’t do that to any young player.

houstonstime likes this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I mean tbf... I actually disliked Deshaun so much at one point when he was on our roster that I wish he got banned from the league at the expense of a team dumb enough to trade for him and give us capital.

Not logical by any means.... but I have two daughters.

houstonstime, TheJet and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. TheJet

TheJet Member

Seems perfectly logical to me. I'd consider that a special exception though.

Don't get me wrong, I've had massive issues with players and coaches on my favorite teams before. But it's almost always been about performance history (with the aforementioned exception for that POS Deshaun). I don't have enough tape on Stroud to be disappointed already.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

The thread that wouldn't die

houstonstime likes this.
  8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Tom Savage outplayed Watson as well in training camp.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Tom Savage outplayed Watson as well in training camp.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Did he thought?
    BOB doesn’t count, he was an idiot

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

facts
    -Stroud was the #2 pick
    -multiple teams passed on Levis and he slid in the draft despite projections he was gonna go in the 1st round

more facts
    -Stroud beat out Mills to be QB1
    -Levis couldn't beat out Willis and is now a 3rd stringer.

Everything else is just opinions or cherrypicked tweets. Facts are facts. Stroud > Levis

primtim24, Fulgore, cbass and 6 others like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Only part of this that is facts is the first part.
    Stroud didn’t beat anyone. He was given the starting position.
    Levis has better stats-per their beat reporter-than Willis. He wasn’t given a spot.

13. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I gotta be honest, I've spent the better part of an hour looking and I can't find a single reference online to Mills outplaying Stroud in camp. It just doesn't exist. I recall some writer scoring the early days in camp like a boxing match and my recollection was that, at best, they were even. Until Stroud shot past him in the past few days.

cbass, Omihall23 and Fulgore like this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

They were even before Stroud struggled and then for some reason Stroud came back to run with the 1s.
    Harris has said as much, Lopez has said as much, Stoerner said yesterday that Mills has played well and no one has really taken it by storm.
    You can find all kinds of puff pieces about Stroud, but that doesn’t mean he outplayed anyone. Multiple tweets about Mills making great throws as well, but you see more about “over throw” “pick” when Stroud has had far worse days.

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

weird according to you. reports directly from the Titans have Willis outplaying Stroud and the incumbent being by far the best alternative. your crush had one amazing day in training camp with 5 touchdown passes. But even his coach tempered putting too much into that.

I can site sources and completion percentages. can you?

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Of all of the futile hills to die on...lol

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/observations-from-titans-training-camp-on-tuesday-x3373

Levis has a better completion percentage and hasn’t thrown a pick since pads have been on. Everywhere on Twitter says Levis has outplayed Willis.
    That’s from Titans website. Titans Twitter and amateur sports guys have been raving about Levis.

Pretty easy math says you’re wrong

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No one is dying on any hill.
    Time will tell who is the better prospect.

As of right now, Stroud doesn’t have the physical upside of Levis or AR or the new age QB skills of Young

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Also, I will say I am extremely excited to see what Stroud does. His ball placement and accuracy looks like it can be all time levels. As long as he gets ball out quick and isn’t as bad under pressure as he was in college, he has a great chance to be in the Matt Ryan to poor man’s Burrow level

houstonstime likes this.
  20. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

cmoak1982 likes this.