1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Southwest Airlines/Flight question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Francis3422, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hey y’all.

so we are heading to Las Vegas tomorrow. I wanted to jump on an earlier flight but of course it is charging an arm and a leg. if I just get to the airport in time for the earlier flight, do you think that they will just move us onto it if we are there and seats are available?

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Depends on your people skills.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I was going to lead off by threatening them and progress to kidnapping their pets if time allows.

ROCKSS, MadMax, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

For an extra fee, I'm sure they will be happy to move you.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Tell them that mother****er back there is not real and you'll get his seat

Salvy likes this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

+1

If you're super nice and explain the situation to the gate attendants, I bet you can end up on that flight for only a handful of bucks, if anything. This is almost a certainty if you know that your original flight is full and/or overbooked.

Hell, if your know your original flight is a popular one, you could probably call customer service and make it happen right now. Just claim you were one of the thousands of people who got screwed over last Christmas, lol.

ramotadab likes this.
  7. Garner

Garner Member

Southwest provides same day flight change for all ticket classes. The lowest of which only requires paying the fare difference.

8. Buck Turgidson

I HAVE PEOPLE SKILLS GODDAMMIT

Colt45, ROCKSS, MadMax and 2 others like this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Curious how this turned out for OP. @Francis3422 you out there dude?

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought so. Thought it was weird when I first heard the story and it was reported that they weren’t flying to Houston.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Sucks for us on the north side because getting to Hobby is a nightmare. I was flying them more since they were coming to IAH but that's all but done.

ryan_98 likes this.
  15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

So crazy update.

That day we went early, tried to get on other flight. Got rejected. Not because the flight was full, but just because of their policies and procedures.

The gate attendant inform us that our flight has changed gates and so we head down that direction and hang out for a couple hours.

The gate attendant had mistakenly sent us to the wrong updated gate. However, this was also a Southwest flight to Vegas and they began boarding at almost an identical time as our southwest flight to Vegas.

whereas the machine should stop you when you scan your ticket it just went green and they put us on this plane.

So eventually, they come onto the plane and ask for us and remove us.

they explain what happened and the person that had mistakenly sent us to the wrong gate was also present at this point. So they pretty much admitted it was their mistake and that we shouldn’t even have been allowed on the plane and that they did not understand why the ticket scanner didn’t catch it.

and at this point, I am super irate because they refuse to let us on the other plane because the boarding door has been shut.

So at the end of the day we got on a flight that got into Vegas four hours later but we’re paid $500 in vouchers.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Wow, that blows. I'm sorry man.

Very uncool of SW to jerk you around like that. I would demand more credit LOL

AroundTheWorld likes this.