1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fletcher Magee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 17, 2023.

1. eman

eman Contributing Member

Hinton elevates hustle to an art form. Sign him. Imagine what KPJ or JG could be if they expended Hinton's level of energy on D... sigh...

Mayer shot well, and quickly, and ripped a few rebounds, blocked a few shots. Udoka might get something out of him. The taller of the two shooters who could've been extras in Deliverance. Hmmm... "Deliverance" could be a great NBA nickname...

Cut Days. Queue the "Cut his ass" memes.

Hudgins deserves his 2-way, at least; and maybe more, depending on how set in Stone our FVV/AmenT/Holiday PG rotation might be. Love Hudgins' game. He could have a long NBA backup PG career. Ish-like.

Magee shoots so damn well, give him Days' 2-way spot.

So that's my takeaway from SL: Mr. Stone, please sign Hinton and (at least to a 2-way) Mayer; cut Days; get Hudgins and Magee on 2-way deals.

2. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

Mayer, Hinton, and Magee stood out to me...with Hudgins and Days having moments but Days looks less active than I remember from last year

Actually like all three, Mayer seems to be the most well rounded with size. I love Hinton's hustle, reminds me of Brewer but hopefully better IQ and more game if develops in RGV. I was actually impressed with MaGee's activity, and that stroke is pretty consistent, he moves around like he's jacked up on mountain dew! lol I think Days came in heavier, has improved his stroke but looks lethargic on defense and can't seem to grab rebounds...at 66 that's a problem. Hudgins just doesn't do it for me, he's got a nice shot, but I don't see the intangibles to overcome his size with legit nba players. Two out, three in...get r done stone

Corrosion likes this.
  3. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

You can't go wrong with him or Mayer.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

sign the whitmore guy

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Fletcher Magee sounds like the most obviously fake name I've ever heard

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

What're you gonna do with a young upside guy? He'll rot on the bench and then CF will riot when he gets traded for a partridge in a pear tree.

7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

he's almost 27, still fight for an opportunity in the SL...it could be his last chance.

sirjesse likes this.
  8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I have pondered if it’s a cover myself.

DeBeards likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I like Samuels. If Houston can sign another decent big and him, I will be satisfied.

10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

DAYS SUCKS! Wish we could use his ten day on one of the other three stars who shined in the summer eague. That Hinten kid looked good and hustled his butt off.
    Excellent post….if hudgins was quicker he’d be a true backup, but he lacks the burst of speed and doesn’t do well with passing on 3-1 fast breaks (always fails to make the pass and usually gets blocked).

Rustyrig likes this.
  11. TheBeastSystem

hudgins is the next fvv

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Sounds like he should be a member of Fagin's gang in Oliver Twist.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are we inviting this guy to camp? He seems like a really, really good 3-point shooter, something we surely need?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

sirjesse likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

No worth worrying about, in my opinion. I seriously doubt we're going to find a diamond in the rough player as a late-summer signing. At least not anuone who could possibly make a different in our actual rotation.