1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

calm down, calm down…Ime got a problem now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Jul 14, 2023.

1. marinara

marinara Member

I think 9-10 to be honest.

cazyapma likes this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

We should be deep enough for that, but the following scenario keeps entering my mind.

At least one guy, hopefully more are going to break out this season. By break out, I just mean improve sufficiently to merit continuing to start or whatever role they are playing.
    Maybe a guy or two plays at a near all-star level?

In any case, I believe one or more guys will get big minutes when things start coming together.
    There is also the pressure to win now, so again, more minutes for certain guys, fewer for others.

As this typically works out, it will be difficult for players beyond the first 7 or 8 to get regular minutes and/or regular playing time despite what it looks like now. The appearance that 9-10 guys NEED to be playing in the future I think will give way to trying to win.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

Truth.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Space City

Space City Member

A 7 man rotation means your players are all averaging around 34 mpg. That’s something you only do in the playoffs or if your name is Tom Thibodeau

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. kpdark

kpdark Member

the Miami Heat latest playoff rotation is what I see, and JG getting major minutes along with the vets

6. cazyapma

cazyapma Member

Nobody got the "inches" :shrug:

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Ime comes from the Pop coaching tree, he was an assistant coach there during their 2014 championship run, where they had 11 guys playing in over 60 games that season, and nobody on the team exceeded 29.4 minutes per game. I expect him to have a pretty big rotation and play guys the same or fewer minutes than they have been thus far in their careers, with the possible exception of Tari Eason. (Was criminal that Silas didn't play him more often given how well he was playing, he should have had a couple minutes apiece taken from Jabari/Tate/KJ Martin.)

burlesk likes this.