1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Victor Wembanyama as a Spurs thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Rockets4Life13

I just dont think he's going to stay healthy.

Best ability is availability and I just dont see how this body holds up.

2. Ancient Moabite

Maybe he can be the 7''5' version of B Russell and just dominate with game changing defense/boards and chip in with 18-20ppg, many have Russell in their top 12 based on that type of style n impact

Mutual, you Be Well also

3. Ancient Moabite

Maybe he can be the super tall version of R Miller, but I see why you would be concerned about players at that height with such a young fragile looking body

JumpMan and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  4. Rockets4Life13

It's the same reason i didn't want Chet. Both of them have amazing potential but I just dont see it.

I mean look at how many players that have a normal build and are much smaller can't ever stay healthy. NBA is tough on the body man

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You would be surprised at how many seasons Shawn Bradley played in the league. About 14 seasons.

He did not play heavy minutes though, I think if load managed right, people of that build can stay healthy, injury luck has to be there as well.

Embiid could not stay healthy until he was healthy.

I see Chet as the better, more intuitive defender out of those 2.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Drummond would love to have Wemby's clout and reputation, would be picked at any All Star contest......

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I honestly can't tell if this person is trying to be serious or trolling with the dumbest ****ing take they can muster.

The saltiness over losing out on Wemby in the lottery is real. I was salty for maybe a week and then moved on. We all need to just move on at this point. He's not here and never will be here. That's ok.

RocketDream and daywalker02 like this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He is the Celtics reporter for The Athletic. They never had a shot at Wemby.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ah. So he's just an idiot, then.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I found "malnourished Andre Drummond" funny. He was clearly joking.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well that's what I said at the beginning. He was either trolling or an idiot, but based on some reactions I've seen I couldn't tell. The Wemby Spite runs deep for some.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

From the Blazers game, he rather bricks a shot than try to playmake and find the teammate, that is something that he should be working on.

His handles are alrite but at the next level, while dribbling he is still attempting to find his balance when in full speed, is a little uncontrolled.

The rebounds are literally falling to him, and he does need to box out that much.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Britney fans will never root for him.

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think Wemby has a myriad of offensive issues to overcome. A lot was made of his amazing handles for someone 7'6", but when you are that tall your dribble is so high that NBA guards and SF's are going to feast on him. He will be a turnover machine. As has been stated ad nauseam he will get bullied all over the court until he gets stronger. His 3 pt shot % has been at best mediocre and at times atrocious. He is an excellent shot blocker. I think he will be the third best player in this draft behind Scoot and Amen.

16. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!! :mad:

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Member

And? Lebron was advertised as the greatest prospect and he still can't make a free throw and shoots poor % outside of 3 feet and being self advertised to us as better than jordan.

Wemby will be fine. I keep saying the days of fundamentally sound and matured rookies with tons of college experience coming in and making huge impact are long over. Duncan was far ahead as a rookie AND had late prime David Robinson as his front court teammate. A luxury most rookies dont get in general.

18. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Wembanyama I'm sure will be a health risk, but I think less of one than people think. He seems to have a high level of flexibility and body control, which is important when it comes to avoiding disastrous injuries like knee injuries from bad/awkward landings or people falling into/crashing into your legs.

He does need to add weight/strength and improve his skills but his current skillset at 19 and his size is still incredible. It's possible he never improves and is never anything but a shot-blocker, but that's definitely not the way I'd bet. He doesn't need to become Shaq, body-wise--if he can develop an Olajuwon-like or a Duncan-like physique, he'll be fine.

19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

reaction to Wemby's first game vs. second game in SL

First game:

Second game:

clos4life likes this.
  20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Why does Pop look like an extra in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie?

nemac likes this.