1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TSN: Sign-and-trade deal could land Olajuwon(Pacers)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buckaroo, Jul 26, 2001.

1. buckaroo

buckaroo Contributing Member

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/teams/pacers/20010726.html

------------------

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Ugh.

Croshere?

Let's see,

Griffin
    Morris
    Langhi
    Williams
    Anderson
    Thomas
    Taylor

Yeah, uh...we're pretty much loaded with forwards.

------------------
    Long Live The Catomic Bomb.

DON'T TRADE DOTEL!

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

the possibility of getting croshere just makes me sick.

------------------
    Long Live The Catomic Bomb.

DON'T TRADE DOTEL!

4. Colby

Colby Member

The last thing this team needs is more SF/soft PFs.

------------------
    T-Pooh and BahDakota went up the hill,
    to make a bet on a Forward.
    When it all came down,
    they were nowhere to be found.
    Now they should be drawn and quartered.

5. rox dreamz

rox dreamz Member

I know...we are loaded at the forward position. But I've been thinking about another possibility for some time and simply haven't said it. In fact, I alluded to it in a post I made earlier in another thread.

Here's the idea...

I think there is probably more than a 50 percent chance at this point that Hakeem is not going to be in a Rockets uniform when the season opens. I also think that there is a possibility that this determination has already been made.

The problem? None of the teams involved are willing to trade anyone that we are really interested in. The solution? A three-way trade. This would certainly explain all of the time that this negotiation process is taking. Maybe we are trying to work out a deal where we can sign and trade Hakeem for someone that another team wants and, in return, we get the player we want.

It has been all but admitted that certain players on our roster are on the block (Cato, Cato, Cato, please take Cato). What I envision here is us giving up Hakeem in exchange for another player we don't want, but who fills a need another team is desperate for. We unload the player we get on the Hakeem trade, plus a player or two from our roster, and get the real goods.

The biggest problem with this scenario, of course, is all of the variables. Not only are there several teams vying for Hakeem's services, but there are several teams who currently have players that we would like to get.

My position at this point has to be...take all of the sign and trade talk seriously, but don't fret over the fact that it doesn't seem like the other team has anything to offer us. All of the delay involved in this process points to a third party (if not more) involvement that is dragging things out.

------------------
    "What did you mean when you opened your mouth and let all our secrets out?"