1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to fire Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by my time to shine, Oct 30, 2022.

1. dmoneybangbang

People really need to think of NBA contracts as percentage of the cap.

ramotadab likes this.
  2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I'd love to know what team wanted to give 2 first for gordon and wood especially when no one has taken a flyer on wood when they can have him for no draft picks, just a year later

snowconeman22 and roslolian like this.
  3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I'd love to know what team wanted to give 2 first for gordon and wood especially when no one has taken a flyer on wood when they can have him for no draft picks, just a year later
    Sounds like a whole bunch of somethings we don't need unless you think we are a contender

duluth111222 and roslolian like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was replying to posters who think 2nd rounders in general are worthless but the NBA does not think so.

eliefor3 likes this.
  5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

C: Sengun / Landale / Je. Green
    PF: Smith Jr. / Eason / Days
    SF: Brooks / Tate / Whitmore
    SG. Ja. Green / Porter Jr. / Hudgins
    PG: VanVleet / Thompson / Holiday

Yeah Stoje is doing fine

cbass, ramotadab, rocketchamp and 2 others like this.
  6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Fair

7. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

This Nook guy is the classic social media person of today. Just making up a bunch of stuff to help their clickbait viewpoint.

Hippieloser and roslolian like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Stone has done a great job drafting this team, if you look at other rebuilding teams like Orlando, Detroit, Cavs or even OKC they took more than 3 yrs of tanking and being bad to get where they are today.

Is he perfect? Of course not. But he has been better than average and that's big for a new/rookie GM as he will only get better with time. I find it hilarious people weigh losing Tyty, Garuba and Jaygup for nothing higher than drafting freaking Amen Thompson and Cam Whitmore and hiring Ime Udoka as HC.

Ever heard of Pareto Principle? Look it up sometime.

cbass, ramotadab and topfive like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

We played him behind Nix because we were tanking. Regardless whether Nix or Tyty played Tyty would still max out as a 2nd backup cuz we will have FVV and Amen ahead of him. Regardless whether we kept or held him he wouldn't be a core part of this team and will still likely not see any PT.

Maybe you forgot but we used the 29th pick to get Tyty. 29th picks historically don't amount to much. Was it a waste? Sure, but you would know that after the fact not when we were using the 29th pick to get him. In fact Tyty draft pick was seen as B-A move at the time given Tyty was projected as a mid late first round pick.

While I do think Tyty was mismanaged I also don't think losing him is worth getting into a snit over it. The whole point of using these picks are to get stars or diamonds in the rough. They tried with Tyty and they found a very replaceable player. Trevor Hudgins who we just resigned prob has the same impact as Tyty.

topfive likes this.
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

You have to hit on your top 10 picks and then hope atleast 1 of the other picks hit. Green I think is on his way, Bari has lots to prove. He did hit on senguin and Eason in my opinion. Let's see how cam turns out.
    I get they didn't play JC or tyty much. But they saw plenty of them in gleague and practice. I have to think there is a reason that they chose crappy not over them in pt. It's not like they didn't play rookies. Senguin and Eason played right away.
    Personally I think the composition of the team more now with the balance of vets and young players. And for those who are complaining about trading the young players without a chance, who were they going to play over this year if they couldn't get pt last year ?

11. Sengun

Sengun Member

Falling for this guy after Daryl Morey explains the failure of the Houston Rockets.

What a waste summer! Fire him!

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

He’s also a fat neckbeard.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Who could be possible replacements anybody with ties to Ime??

16. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Drafting was good, but signing and trading is hilarious bad. We need a shot blocker. Why did we sign Landale? Why 8 million? Who were we competing against? They offered Dwight Powell twice as much money as Landale but he turned it down and went back to Dallas. Yeah, I know it’s for one year but we are tying up money that we could use for a trade this year….we need a shot blocker.
    Dillion Brooks? Great defender but we are giving money away

17. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

If Eli Witius is the reason Sengun, Jalen, Jabari, Tari, Amen, and Cam are Rockets, being the chief of scouting and the best evaluator of talent in the NBA according to Morey, then why TF was he not made GM?

18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

This is proof that ppl don't like Stone, and it's for reasons outside of basketball. You said Green is a bust & Jabari looks like he doesn't know basketball, and none of this ended up true. You guys hate Stone based on "other" things

Ancient Moabite and roslolian like this.
  19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Stone needs to stop making trades.

Stone did not make any good trade so far.... That's so sad.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

What is your problem with Landale? He out played PHX center at times and was very efficient scoring on 59%TS and averaging a double double in 36 mins. 8M is good value for a backup center. He doesn't record blocks but he is a big body and is willing to bang bodies inside, that's more than good enough.

Without contracts I love our FA signings FVV, Landale, Brooks, Green are the vets this team needs. With contracts Brooks deal is beyond horrible but the rest are actually great value signings.