1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Victor Wembanyama as a Spurs thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. TimDuncanDonaut

2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Frenchy looked like a bust. I know it's way too early to declare, but we may have dodged a huge bullet by not getting #1 overall pick

His blocks and rebounds are decent for first Summer League, but shooting is aweful. He looked so uncoordinated and slow and will need a lot of work

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If that happens in a game Pop is going to actually bench his ass lol.

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't watch the 2nd half. The guy is still a freak and will get his, but his positional defense was really bad on many possessions, especially on the perimeter. He was either ball watching or cherry picking most of the half. I know he gets his 5blks, but if I'm his coach I'm either mad at his effort, or disappointed in his defensive IQ.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Chet looked much more impressive in summer league last year. Maybe he still has jetlag. :eek:

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Didn't watch, but i have enough to go on from reading to know that Wembanyama is an all-time bust.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

11. i3artow i3aller

12. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Just being that tall and that mobile, he can be a game changer on defense alone assuming good health. But I'm not buying him as a scorer yet. He doesn't have the bulk to play inside and his size makes him vulnerable to being stripped on the perimeter. Right now he looks like a super-sized Jabari, which is worthy of the #1 pick for sure but not necessarily a generational talent.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'm not a Victor fan whatsoever but yall trippin.. He showed enough in the 1st five minutes to warrant being a no.1 pick.. The problem IS .. these dumb ass, deepthroating media folks thinking he was gonna have a LeBron like impact from day 1.. He can't carry a team unless it's to the lottory.. The more talent he plays with, the more he'll grow into be the generational player many believe he'll be.. But it's gonna be a couple years... Its as simple as he has the highest potential but he's nowhere near "ready" to be the next LeBron or even Duncan..

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Remember Yao was also a stickman and scored 0 point in his first game. I know he is a Spur but you guys need to chill.

AroundTheWorld and javal_lon like this.
  16. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

We are the ones doing the Wemby fist pump and smirk for not getting the first overall pick (I'm kidding btw)

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Wemby turned out to be a douchebag. Glad he’s not a rocket.

AroundTheWorld and BigShasta like this.
  18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yao needed to adjust to the NBA, but it happened pretty quick. I think it was at Dallas, right? Things suddenly just clicked for him.

The difference though is he was nowhere near as frail as Wemby, he was older, and he was never touted as some sort of generational talent that comes along once every two decades. A historic #1 pick for sure, but more because of where he came from.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fact check: Yao was a tree trunk from day 1. Look at the dude's legs. YOU need to chill.

[​IMG]

Easy and AroundTheWorld like this.