1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the better GM, Stone or Presti?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Jul 6, 2023.

?

Who is the better GM, Stone or Presti?

1. Are you drunk! Of course Presti, I pray every night for Presti to be our GM

71 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. The talent is almost the same, keep Stone.

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's pretty clear Presti is the better GM as of now.

2. Xopher

Xopher Member

And it isn't like he made genius decisions in the draft. Even if Jalen, Jabari, and Amen become All-NBA. They were drafted where everyone thought they would be. Stone does get credit for throwing Eli the Sengun bone.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The better question is which franchise wins more games this season.

Or which franchise wins a Larry O'Brien trophy first (Before one or the other is shitcanned).

4. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

There is a lot you should be learning about basketball if this is a debate for you. And team building, and asset management. The sad thing about this is how little criticism this front office is facing, when the red flags have been there all along.

5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Wait, you're declaring Jalen Green, Jabari Smith & Sengun all don't even belong in the nba? Lol. The most highly coveted hire Ime Udoka picked to coach these guys because they suck?

Stone is wrong regardless of what he does simply bc he's him, and the slander goes beyond basketball with some of you

roslolian likes this.
  7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Stone is drunk... Overpay every ****ing trade.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I’ll say the guy that has put together a team that went to the finals , and managed to make the playoffs in a rebuilding year .

He got sga / jalen Williams and still has more assets coming in the Paul George trade

The best part of the harden deal is that we’ve been bad enough that we’ve managed to luck into keeping one top 4 pick and been bad enough and the lottery hasn’t killed us that we’ve had chances at “premium” talent .

stone set us up with max contract space this time , but I’m not convinced it’s been used effectively, maybe having this much space shouldn’t have been the goal … and we should have taken more opportunities of our space at other times .

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

dude. If you’re going to pretend I said something that I didn’t say, use your brain fully and delete the words you want to pretend weren’t in the post

harold bingo likes this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

The poll votes is pretty clear. Y'all know the answer, yet the question is posed.

[​IMG]

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

here's how I'd rank GMs/pres of bball ops/whoever the decision makers are... with no particular order within tiers. I'd put stone in tier 3. not one of the worst but far from one of the best.

Tier 1
    celtics - stevens
    nets - marks
    nuggets - booth
    pacers - pritchard
    heat - riley
    thunder - presti
    sixers - morey
    jazz - ainge

Tier 2
    bucks - horst
    suns - jones
    grizzlies - kleiman
    raptors - ujiri
    spurs - pop
    cavs - altman
    pelicans - langdon

Tier 3
    knicks - rose
    mavs - harrison
    bulls - karnisovas
    kings - mcnair
    rockets - stone
    clippers - frank
    lakers - pelinka
    magic - hammond

Tier 4
    pistons - weaver
    blazers - cronin
    wizards - dawkins
    hornets - kupchak
    wolves - connelly

warriors - dunleavy jr - incomplete
    hawks - fields - incomplete

12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

You stated none of our young players were good at basketball, which is false but you said it. So if you're not good at basketball and play in a basketball league, you essentially don't belong. I don't have to pretend

roslolian likes this.
  13. justtxyank

I didn’t say they weren’t good at basketball. Read the post. You quoted it and took time to bold it. Read it again.

harold bingo likes this.
  14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Not a good basketball player=not good at basketball

Either way it's a dumb post. Are they superstars? No. But are they good? Without a question. Any player that can give you 40 in his rookie year I'd think is good at basketball. But Stone doesn't "look" like the GM you want, so you'll find any excuse to criticize him, I get it

roslolian likes this.
  15. justtxyank

again I didn’t say either thing you are saying. Serious question are you using google translate to read my post?

harold bingo and Invisible Fan like this.
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

roslolian likes this.
  17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The talent gap isn't that big if you compare us & OKC. Considering Stone's only in year 3, its fair to give the advantage to Stone. We may be better than OKC this year

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I am all for being a Rockets fan on a Rockets fan board but please be objective. Stone is absolutely horrible and has proven that now. The Rockets just improved from a 20 win team to a 30 win team. We are in for a very long miserable road. Just like we knew Silas would not be the coach, I will say it now if this team is EVER successful Stone will NOT be the GM.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

All it takes is one SL game to prove you wrong.

20. justtxyank

not a good nba player yet

not the same thing as the stuff you’re saying. Not sure if you’re a child or speak a foreign language. Either way I’m trying to respect it.