1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/2023 mock Trade/Draft/Free agency thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 31, 2022.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Damn, Mavs got two wing defenders for our price of one.

Edit: To be fair, going to play with Luka and willingly coming to a rebuild are two different sells.

#3221 Icehouse, Jul 5, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    jim1961, snowconeman22 and Aruba77 like this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think the Mavs are going to get Thybulle, the Blazers have the right to match and reports are that they probably will

jch1911 likes this.
  3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Damn, Mavs got two wing defenders for our price of one.
    I hope so. That’s still a 2X All-D guy going for 50M less than what we just paid.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

(5:57) Jake Fischer: To me, the best signing along the Houston lines, the 3/130 is a huge number for FVV but when you consider the 3rd year is a team option…the Rockets were the worst team in the league for 3 straight years. To get an all-star point guard who has won a championship to leave the only organization he ever knew, you’re gonna have to pay him that type of money. People can balk at that number but that’s what the Rockets had to do. I think this is gonna be a similar situation, a little bit different because the context is different, but a similar situation to when people first saw Jalen Brunson’s numbers last year, they goffed? at it and now he’s looking like one of the better value contracts in the league. … When people see how good he is in that type of environment, his contract value will be not exactly eyebrow raising come December 15.

(12:42) JF: The Clippers being the team to come away with KJ Martin, who only is making $1.9M, super valuable move. … Barring a crazy, strong contribution to a deep playoff run, I can’t imagine his contract will be much higher than Gabe Vincent. Very different players but can’t imagine it’ll cost Bruce Brown money to end up keeping him long term.

(29:56) JF: Dallas has been looking at defensive wings all offseason. If Dillon Brooks didn’t work out with Houston, they would’ve been at the front of the line to meet with Brooks and try to get him into the non-taxpayer MLE.

(34:54) Deeper dive on the Rockets

(37:08) JF: By all accounts, Suns wanted to bring Landale back. They go out and sign Metu and Eubanks on minimums. Landale gets the QO pulled. And if he doesn’t get this $8M payday from Houston, I don’t know where he’s getting it but shout out to his agent. Jock Landale is the winner of free agency.

(39:25) JF: Brooks was never not going to get the MLE. That was always his floor.

(39:56) Dan Devine: Maybe Brooks looks at having getting 4 years, $80M fully guaranteed that everything I did was right. None of what I did in Memphis was wrong because look at how I came up. All the stuff I wanted about more of a leash on offense, that’s right too because clearly I’m getting paid here. It’s me and Fred and who else is getting paid? So yeah, give me the ball and let me cook. That is a concern from a developmental perspective. If the agreement is you get paid and you’ll be the best perimeter defender in the league and create space for these other guys to grow their games, that’s fine. But I’m concerned the lesson here is “I’m invincible.”

(40:48) JF: If there’s anything people agree on about Ime Udoka, he’s a no nonsense, I will call you out type of coach in the heat of battle on the court. If there’s someone who is providing nonsense making $20M, some coaches might be hesitant to bark up that tree but if you’re barking at someone you’re fully empowered to bark at, maybe that can help.

(41:57) JF: The ultimate ceiling of this team being a perennial playoff team is if Jalen Green can be that guy, if Jabari Smith can be that guy. KPJ’s contract is basically never guaranteed ever. The Rockets every year can snap their fingers and he’s gone. It’s a very tradeable contract.

(42:30) JF: They do have a vision for Fred starting with Jalen and KPJ on the wings. That’s kinda my read on my things there. Maybe Brooks is your 4 with Jock Landale.

(42:58) JF: Rockets fans gave me death threats by me reporting the Rockets talked about trading Green for a star if Harden came. That happened. I’m sorry. There’s been discussions about trading the #4 pick and Alperen Sengun for whatever. All these guys, I don’t think the Rockets are married to. I’m curious which of Jalen and Jabari end up taking a step forward. Looking at the NBA and how skills are valued, those are the only two players besides Amen, if one of those two doesn’t take a huge step forward, I’m sitting here wondering what all this money is supposed to be leading to the next level if there’s no one left to follow your lead.

(44:46) Dan Devine: There’s a structure in place, which of these guys will rise to that structure and show something? It wouldn’t surprise me if at all in a few months some of those guys are on the way out because they will have not proven capable of surviving and thriving in a professional environment.

mikol13, joshuaao, Astros713 and 3 others like this.
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    i already feel da vibe of regular season, 3-4 month earlier bruh

sirjesse likes this.
  6. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I see no picture but I like the vibes

upload_2023-7-6_8-35-55.jpeg

DeBeards likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

glad you crossed this out, he's clearly trolling.

J.R. likes this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The alleged Hawks insider thinks they are about to make a big move, with Houston possibly landing Capella.

He is hit or miss, like basically every insider, but fun to consider.

jim1961 likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Looks like he was sorta right.

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Hopefully we have a good relationship with Atlanta because we didn’t flake on our part once Brook Lopez changed his mind last second

12. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

Well we definitely don’t have a good relationship with Clint’s agent -- he has the same agent as Brook Lopez.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've never seen the Hawks insider hit.

xaos likes this.
  14. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Have the Rockets officially announced all the signings/trades yet? I haven’t seen anything. Makes me wonder if they are waiting on something.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Capela (according to some wannabe Hawks insider)

Allegedly the Hawks are in the running to get Siakam.
    I can't quite see how it works out for Houston from a salary perspective - someone is heading out if so

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Detroit got Monte Morris for essentially nothing (future second round pick).

jch1911 likes this.
  17. kpdark

kpdark Member

there might be something, but could fall apart AGAIN :D

it's better not to expect :eek:

BamBam likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Uh oh, Stonetitta might get jealous and start trading more picks

sirjesse and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

now this is something. This guy called our two big signings way way in advance, and countless others. Not seeing a role for Brogdon with the FVV and Holiday signings. Dare I say Robert Williams? His salary = our remaining cap space plus Tate.

Not getting my hopes up.

Rudyc281 likes this.