1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mama Eason saying Tari was suppressed under previous coaching

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 3, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. JW86

JW86 Member

No she’s not and even if so, Eason with the ball in his hands is not a recipe for success.

3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

By her a cake and tell her to put it on her mouth. But Silas was the worst I've seen in a Rockets head coach.

4. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

She on the drink?

Seriously though, think Tari's gonna wreck shop.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Be proud of your sons but these helicopter parents…

Kenyon Martin Jr.’s dad (at least he played in the NBA)
    Tari’s mom
    KPJ’s uncle

“Give my son the rock”
    “My son deserves to start/play big minutes”
    “My son is better than ______”

“We” love Tari’s mom but hated when Kenyon Sr. was spouting off about his son and the Rockets organization.

6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Last time a parent was around here advocating for their child, they got shipped out... IJS

[​IMG]

7. kpdark

kpdark Member

he would be needing more time in training/developing his skills under Udoka's staff

meaning more time being suppressed as well

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

9. xaos

xaos Member

I really enjoy her tweets, but I don't agree with this one at all.

That being said, I think Tari has first or second all defense potential while being able to knock down the three. Tari will become that guy every single championship team wants, which to me, is more valuable than him having a little more to his bag.

Anyways, our offense is about to morph into a team concept where the ball has life and the players have movement. I am looking forward to seeing Tari's value shine in Ime's system.

#9 xaos, Jul 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
    leebigez, ramotadab, JeffB and 5 others like this.
  10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Not gonna lie, that Draymond clip is not that impressive. I mean sure, he's a 6 foot 6 guy crossing over like that, it's neat since super tall people are usually clumsy. But I was expecting to see clips of him saucing up the defense. I hope Eason's mom was joking thinking that Draymond could've ended up like Luka Doncic if his coach didn't "suppress" him lol.

As for Tari, I think she should worry about lays ups and tunnel vision first before ISO plays.

34to11 and B-Bob like this.
  11. JW86

JW86 Member

Oof that’s pretty bad taste by both.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

The whole team was suppressed by some of the worst "coaching" in league history. Silas truly was terrible.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Respectfully, mama needs to shut her mouth. These parents aren’t helping their kids. And while they’re certainly entitled to their opinions and unwavering support of their children, it does not help their kids’ professionally in the slightest.

34to11 likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This one is a surprise because Eason's mom has definitely been one of the more honest helicopter parents. Eason shouldn't be handling the rock at all and with KPJ, FVV, Amen, Green, Sengun, Eason should be primarily a guy finishing plays and not starting them.

34to11, AroundTheWorld and xaos like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I love her passion. By the way, she had monster stat lines herself when she was younger.

Also, look at that baby tweet she made :eek:. Some big boys she had to get out...

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Was that Silas who surpressed Tari from making layups and dunks last season?

Hell yeah it was, Silas was Mutombo last year

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah Tari was suppressed and Jabari was suppressed,
    and Jalen has been suppressed and KPj has been suppressed.....
    All of us fans have been suppressed.

The line forms behind us. It's called "Tanking". The opposite of trying to win

BamBam likes this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Difference is Tari's momma wasn't a former #1 overall pick. She doesn't hold the same influence Martin Sr. does. Just look at the way everyone held a shield up for KJ so that he wouldn't have to endure criticism for not playing defense or being a sub par shooter the way every other Rockets player did.

Eason suppressed? Not a revelation. Dude was Taz on defense and hit a decent amount of his 3s. If he stops clanging the hell outta those layups he's going to be an absolute monster. He was far from the only one suffering under Silas' laissez faire coaching and KPJ's honcho-ing.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I don’t know. I realize that this is going to draw the ire of the board but her whole online persona thing seems a bit much to me. I don’t like the parents that do this with their kids fame.

And I haven’t seen a ton leads me to believe that Tari should have the ball much. Not right now at least.

34to11, ramotadab and maj21 like this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Pffft it wasn't even suppressed. It was just silas being incompetent, but folks like to spin it that Silas was tanking on purpose.

Silas was giving heavy mins to the older players/vet and was still getting railed

slothy420, Drift Monkey and cmoak1982 like this.