1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] How many games does this team win next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by harold bingo, Jul 3, 2023.

?

How many games does this team win next season

1. <25

6 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. 25-28

25 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. 29-32

70 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. 33-36

155 vote(s)
    33.1%
  5. 37-40

114 vote(s)
    24.4%
  6. 41-44

65 vote(s)
    13.9%
  7. 45+

33 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

YES and you do the same

AroundTheWorld and Snow Villiers like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I agree wholeheartedly. Just kidding.

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yes I agree to be banned if the rockets win below 40 games. @YOLO has agreed to be banned if the Rockets win above 40 games.

@Clutch

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It’s funny. Just take a look back at this same thread from last season.

Some(same) people were beside themselves that we were projected to be a low 20s win team. Going on and on about how projections are stupid and there was no way we would be that bad.

Those same people better hope there is a big move in the works for this year. This roster is still unbelievably young.

harold bingo and YOLO like this.
  6. conquistador#11

45 Wins!!!

Green, 25 pts a game, improved fg% all around.

VanVleet, 18 pts a game/ 8 assists, 2 tos. Never breaking under pressure.

Brooks, 13 pts (limits himself to 10 FGs after a chat with Ime. He becomes the Rowdy version of the non stats all star )

Jabari, 16 pts with 37% from 3s. He finally dunks everything from 2ft. Referees take notice and allow him to be more handsy. Locksmith becomes a reality.

Alpi 19 pts/10 rebounds/6 assists/ hustle defense is more visible with the wings locking up fools.

----------------
    Manu Porter Jr/ 16 pts/ 4 assists. He plays 28 minutes

Eason: 10 pts/ 14 rebounds/ 2 bloody noses per game/ 1 wedding dress

Amen: 9pts/ 5 assists

Tate: 8pts/ 7rbs

Cam: 7pts

Not to toot my own horn but my points and averages have been right on for the past 2 seasons. I just never took into account what piss poor effort we'd get from the coaches not playing the players to their strengths and the matador defense they mastered. If these two things correct themselves, sky is the limit. Ok more like 13 ft ceiling but still..

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yeah I’ll own that, I put $1000 on the over last year at 23.5 and missed it by 1.5 games. Sucks. I was right about most of my projections, Jalen, Sengun and kpj all showed marked improvement. Tari was a net plus rookie due to defense. What I was very very wrong about was Jabari being the same way, instead he was nowhere near ready and was as much of a negative as rookie Jalen. Also I underestimated Silas with all those Nix minutes.

This year I expect the line to be around 35.5 and I will again pound the **** out of it like Jalen sees JC.

People are way underrating Fvv’s impact on winning, I’m not talking about trade value but his impact will be similar to sga on okc last year. I’ve been a Jalen skeptic but he confirmed my hope and improved a lot last year, I trust that both he and Sengun will continue that trajectory next year. I’ve been saying that Udoka is one of the best coaches in the league, I underestimated coach’s impact last year and I won’t make the same mistake again.

Major question marks that could swing things:

Jabari needs to make the same improvements that Jalen did in year two. From everything we know we should expect that but there’s no way of knowing for sure, if he plateaus at his current level he would be a major bust, I’m betting he won’t be.

Amen Thompson is probably going to be just as bad as rookie Jalen and jabari, I’m expecting it, OTE to nba is a massive jump and there’s no guarantee anything will translate. I’m hopeful about this pick but have zero expectations that he will contribute to winning year 1, in fact most likely he will be the worst player in the rotation and be a drag on winning. The good news is that unlike Jalen and jabari he won’t play anywhere near as many minutes.

How we handle kpj will be a major swing for the win total. He was the second best player on the entire team last year in terms of win contribution despite how you feel about him. I think Jalen has a good chance of surpassing him next year if he keeps his trajectory but kpj will still be a top 4 to 5 player. Can we get him to buy in off the bench and continue to contribute at a similar or even greater rate as last year? Or do we lose him as he pouts in a reduced role? Losing kpj would be a blow to my projection. What I’m counting on is the blackmailed contract we have over him so that he can’t really afford to do anything except stay in line.

Lastly Dillon Brooks accepting a reduced role. If Brooks plays like he has been he is probably around a net 0, which isn’t a horrible player, his defense canceling out his offense. But if Udoka can convince him to just be a 3 and d player he can become a major positive. For those who say he is who he is, I would say that he has played for Taylor Jenkins the last 4 years and given the same role. The one year he was under a different coach he shot 9 times a game in 28 mpg.

For 40 wins I think i need most of these to break my way which I don’t think is too unreasonable. For the expected 35.5 from Vegas line I don’t even think I need any of this, just Fvv and Udoka plus improvement from Jalen and Sengun would be enough and those are highly probable.

Left Block Problem 74 and cbass like this.
  8. Holybats

Holybats Member

40 wins minimum.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

10. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

This poll as of now, has about 73% of fans thinking the Rockets win 29 - 40 games and I agree with that window. With anything near or over 40+ wins, competing for the play-in, or a playoff berth, etc. being a homerun.

xaos and harold bingo like this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

The roster definitely upgraded. In my book, clearing 32-35 wins is consider passing grade for 1st year phase 2.

The bar is to at least get in the low 30's... after that it's gravy. But if under 30, like if team ends up in mid / high 20 wins; I can see Tilman restructuring the FO.

#31 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 3, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know. I very safely went with 33-36, but can easily see them making the playins.

We have the most underrated roster in the league for good reason. 4 of our 5 starters underperformed last season. That leaves room for a pretty wild swing upwards.

13. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

JGreen/Alp/Bari/Tari/Amen plus 6th man KPJ, subs Tate,Cam,Days: 38 Wins

The question is whether salary fillers (FVV,DB,JL,JG) will have a positive effect or negative?

Anything between 15-50

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Silas out nets you 10 plus wins. KPJ not playing pg gets you another 10 wins. Ime gets you another 10 wins. FV and DB gets you another 10 wins. Everyone gets a 10+ wins. Insert Oprah gif

15. NewAge

NewAge Member

everybody is talking "roster this, roster that". Rosters don’t win games, teams do. Sometimes a team is more than its parts, sometimes it’s less.
    How do you how we’ll gel and whether we can play tight as a team? We can end up with 45 wins or 25 wins

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read that as a "homer run" :cool:

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Udoka coach of year +4500
    FVV clutch player award +7000
    Jalen Green most improved +4500
    Amen rookie of year +1800
    Cam rookie of year +2000

Amel likes this.
  18. jogo

jogo Member

Can you post your points and averages the last two seasons?

19. jogo

jogo Member

Who wins if the Rockets win 40 games exactly?

Corrosion and Snow Villiers like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we all do

napalm06, jch1911 and Corrosion like this.