1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Feigen] Trades today to be combined into one large trade (possible $21m more in capspace)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Perhaps not, but playoff antics aside, I'd rather look at Goatse than his BBref page, that's unchanged no matter who he played.

Drift Monkey and eliefor3 like this.
  2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the kind words, folks. For the record:

--I don't like the contract the Rockets gave to Dillon Brooks. Looks like a massive overpay.

--I am still quite down on the ATL portion of all this (Garuba, TyTy, 2 2nd rounders and cash in a salary dump). There will need to be quite a nice result from the overall S&T and resulting cap room for me to stomach this portion of the moves.

--IF (big "if") the Rockets put that extra cap room to good use (via free agency or trade), then these cap maneuvers could end up being a really awesome bit of work by Rafael Stone and his front office.

Curious to see how this all plays out!

MarioKissoDeath, Moe, BamBam and 37 others like this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Do you have any rough projections on who even might fit or be available with the extra space created? Or is there any value in not using it?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Thanks Bima! Quick question while you're around--what is the overall dollar amount we can add if KPJ + Tate are included in a trade?

saleem likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stone has already lost because he held at least 2 interviews plus press conference where he massively emphasized on the 60 mill cap space.

His exact words - We got tons of money, we got tons of money.

He implied signing at least 2 almost stars with this type of money.

People do not realize how important public relations is these days.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Bro. They're our free agents, we will have their bird rights and these other contracts will be expiring or can be moved.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do not have to convince me, I know you are not on their payroll, even if you speak for them.

We are talking strictly about the momentary issues and not what could be tomorrow or beyond tomorrow.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

:rolleyes:

Like I've said in my other posts, y'all are too emotional.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, you are replying to me for no real reason.

No idea what you want from me lol.

This is an open forum.

#189 daywalker02, Jul 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
  10. VoR

VoR Member

So an important part of development is being on a team that is focused on winning with veteran leadership. This crew has been brought in to add the grit and polish on Green, Sengun, Eason, Smith and the rookies. When you draft a lot of players in the first round, the idea isn’t to have them all pan out. The idea is to accumulate and keep your core. So we got an idea of who is worth what. Green, Sengun, KPJ, Eason and Smith are our guys. Tate might be too. Whitmore and Thompson will likely develop well and stick around too. You can’t keep all of them and we have nice assets down the pipe as well.

Ime has Tilman’s ear. We should be happy for that. I can see us pushing .500 basketball and getting a taste of meaningful basketball, which will be immeasurable for this crew.

On a side note, as much as I love Sengun, I don’t know how much he fits with Ime’s architecture. I could see Sengun being happier and being used more effectively in Denver and Golden State and I think they might offer us something worth thinking about to get him. I think we’ll see Sengun for the first 1/3 of the season, but if Ime thinks it’s best to get a defensive focused center and build the offense around guards and forwards, then so be it. Another option is that Ime figures out how to make Sengun a little more Tatum like.

UTSA2step, Rudyc281 and TexasRedd like this.
  11. nuseYOURSELF

nuseYOURSELF New Member

I am accessing this account for the first time in over a decade because twitter is being r****ded

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Ime is a defense minded coach, and you can see he just focus on defense but you need a Center like a Sengun who get doubled a lot and easy back to the basket offense…we just need a interior defender to play with Sengun

topfive and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. jayfree

jayfree Member

What player wouldn't be happier playing effectively for the last two championship teams?

Arnel likes this.
  14. VoR

VoR Member

Smith

topfive likes this.
  15. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Would you have rather just passed on Dillon altogether then? What was our competition to sign him? Didn't the market then dictate his price? Who would you have spent the cap space on instead?

16. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Would you have rather just passed on Dillon altogether then? What was our competition to sign him? Didn't the market then dictate his price? Who would you have spent the cap space on instead?

jdjd and Rktfan86 like this.
  17. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Who is Smith?

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Bringin back J-Smoove

topfive, roslolian and Jayzers_100 like this.
  19. CXbby

CXbby Member

That’s the question they can’t answer. Hate the signing but can’t come up with an alternative, because there was no other wing defender on the market.

jdjd likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

All defense is just a popularity vote. If you look at his advanced stats they are all negative. Shot 32% from 3 on 6 attempts, cratered to 25% from 3 in the playoffs. Had negative BPM, VORP and negative overall Raptor as well. Yeah he is a good defender... So is Tari Eason. In fact just on wing defense alone my money is on Tari because he is 6'6 with 7'2 wingspan. It's not like Brooks is elite defensively we saw his master work on 38 yr old Lebron.

The guys we cut are all young and cheap. Maybe they don't turn out to be more than role players but at least they'll make less than 20M a year for the next 4 yrs. Pretty sure Garuba for example will be a better value player than Brooks in the next 4 yrs.

#200 roslolian, Jul 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2023