1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Udoka/Stone changed the entire Rockets culture in 24 hours.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdoggnic, Jul 1, 2023.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

We're now the most overpaid team in the league

pr0wler likes this.
  2. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

I would not say culture change but necessary changes for our own internal development of young core. Keeping TyTy, Garuba, KPJ, and josh was not going to help there.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

4. kpdark

kpdark Member

adding in Uncle Jeff

loving it

pr0wler, Dobbizzle, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm someone that believes in culture. I mean, it exists in every workplace, why would it be different in sports?

I think we're a smarter and more mature team, that should add a few wins to the team to be sure but we're going nowhere until Green, Bari, Sengun, KPJ, at least two of these guys have to grow into all-star players, even fringe all-star players.

Amen and Cam, we'll see what they are about I guess but throw them in there too.

6. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Yeah man…same. Seen lots of comments about culture not mattering…I guarantee the Rockets are not paying Jeff Green to be a huge presence on the court.

pr0wler, Rudyc281 and kpdark like this.
  7. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I like it in the sense that this is what an up and coming team looks like. Proven vets and young prospects. The last couple of years has been a bunch of young dudes running wild. So much more balance now. I definitely expect improvement this year. Go Rockets!

BamBam, sydmill, clutchdabear and 8 others like this.
  8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

What you are mentioning would be another piece of evidence about the bipolarity of the fans.
    Most wanted him here, now let the man do his job.

mdoggnic likes this.
  9. mdoggnic

1000% agreed. None of it matters if they dont develop the youngsters. Its the main reason IMO why the Warriors are not a top team anymore…they failed to develop Moody, Wiseman, Kuminga, etc.

clutchdabear, Rudyc281 and JayGoogle like this.
  10. mdoggnic

Agreed, I like the mix right now.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  11. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

If you hire a man to fix your roof, and he falls through your ceiling, then you have the right to be concerned with his quality of work.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Glad our 2024 pick is top 4 protected. Looks like we are still in phase 1 after all ;)

13. MystikArkitect

If you hire a man to fix your roof and he brings a bunch of kids that have never worked on a roof before....and then have to hire another man to come in and he fires most of the kids and replaces them with guys who have worked on roofs before....I think I'd let him finish the roof and go from there.

DrNuegebauer, jlaw718 and Xopher like this.
  14. invocux

invocux Member

wtf is this?

Drift Monkey and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

The man hasn't even climbed on the roof yet pal...

mdoggnic likes this.
  16. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Him bringing in his boy Brooks counts as work, Ime's has massive sway in who the FO signs.

17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

People need to ignore any idea or aim or anything regarding championships. Right now the important thing is seeing if we can get an all-star or 2 out of our draft picks. Have we overpaid? Absolutely. Have we now got a bunch of experienced NBA players to balance out the youth and give them people to learn from whilst our coach tries to turn then into star players? Looks like it to me. Now it's on the kids. If we hit on 2 of them over the next 3 years we'll be in a perfect position to start moving pieces around to build a contender around them. Phase 2 isn't "contend" it's "try and make something of the draft picks we just tanked for." It's gonna be rough, but more fun and less rough than the last 3 years so I'd consider that a win.

18. mdoggnic

I agree with all of that. The rockets need to hit on at least 2 of the youngsters. I also dont think Udoka was just giving lip service to the “ive made the playoffs every year as coach” comment he made recently. It would not shock me at all if the youngsters make enough of a jump that they can compete for a playoff spot. Big dofference between that and contending though. Its gonna take a couple years at least for that.

19. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

You may not like the arrival of Brooks, and that is debatable, but his arrival is the decision of a coach that everyone was asking for and the player has not set foot on the training facilities yet... and they are already criticizing the decision?
    Once again, classic fanbase bipolarity.

20. mdoggnic

Im not familiar with the Dillon Brooks/Ime Udoka connection.