1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one excited about this squad?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This looks like crap to me.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Signing Harden or Kyrie wouldn't a pushed the needle I tell you that. Brook Lopez 35... I was worried about him getting the check and getting hurt honestly. We had money that had to be spent. Stone and Udoka did the best they could.

Patience likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'll just drop this here. BTW, nice tie, Chancellor.

4. s3ts

s3ts Member

We are literally creating fatty parts to the roster, who will be prioritized over developing the young talent we tanked for in the last few seasons…

People here wanted to trade Harden to build a championship team. Well, locking away all the cap space and leaving almost no room to sign the young star talent back is going backwards from the goal of a championship.

Warriors were terrible and barely made playoffs for decades while the current Warriors team was maturing. This is because they tamed their cap space well, kept the team entertaining without sacrificing their young players.

Right now some of these vets are going to steal time from the young core and there’s no denying that it’s going to lead to trading away some of the younger players, or even ruining their young careers.

5. VoR

VoR Member

Everyone on this board likes to b**** about how awful the team is and get attached to them at the same time. Why are you ghey, Clutchfans? You hate the players and crush on them. Why are you ghey?

anthony59237 likes this.
  6. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

27 wins at most if Brooks starts, 15 shots per game would be 2nd only behind Green, and Brooks wanted more shots.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  7. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

It doesn’t matter what he wants. He won’t play if he doesn’t do what Ime wants.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. maj21

maj21 Member

We look like a real NBA team, not some AAU squad. Those who are whining about getting rid of young guys, were the same ones crying about us winning 59 games over the last 3 seasons

VoR, anthony59237, Patience and 2 others like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not necessarily mad about consolidating talent, I think the returns are meh and could have been better. Not a huge fan of the money we spent on our big free agents.
    Overall there’s a clear core of young players and some solid vets. We haven’t had that in a long time

10. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I really like all these moves, over pay sure, but not your money, & they had to spend anyway! Fred V, Joc L, D Brooks, Jeff green, P Mills. I can't wait to see how this plays out. In Udoki we trust.....

Rustyrig likes this.
  11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Today was ok, but we need a interior defender. Landale is not it.

Ancient Moabite and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm excited to see what Green, Sengun and Smith will look like with a real PG, and a real coach. They have no more excuses. Let's see if we have studs or pretenders.

13. maj21

maj21 Member

I agree with that part, but we think that they believe we can move these contracts if we ever need to land something big. I do worry about Brooks and how movable his contract will be, but we’ll see.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

We did that for 3 years and you guys were still unhappy. Now that we're adding vets your not satisfied

maj21 likes this.
  15. Tadow

Tadow Member

Looks like they spent short term money on solid vets in their primes who aren't gonna throw a fit when 1 or 2 of the young guys break out into stars. Just my guess.

Rustyrig, Patience and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What player did they sign that is over 2 years besides Brooks that will not enable them to "sign the young star talent back"? 20 million will be about 7.5% of total cap space in 2 years. I am confused.

17. J Rock

J Rock Member

Is there any way to get real money involved in a wager? I like easy money. I was underwhelmed at first as well, but when you get over the not so flashy names involved you get an idea of what they’re trying to do. Fred is there to keep them on script while Brooks will be the defensive bulldog on the wing to help cover some of Jalens stink on that end.

Mills is a situational shooter off the bench who will help everyone conform to Ime’s system a little quicker. He is also a champion who can help the kids figure out what it takes to get better and take that next step forward. Landale is simply the best backup big we’ve had since the rebuild started so I don’t understand the complaints when it comes to him. I personally think front office did a good job of trimming the fat and making the roster more balanced.

18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

How do any of our moves impact the ability to resign these youngsters? They’re not eligible for extensions yet. Jeff Green, FVV, Landale, and Mills can all be released before we have to commit any further salary to our young core

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

36 wins didnt make the play in this season...

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We were going to have to try to start winning games eventually. We bottomed out for 3 years. We have a nice core of young talent. Adding seasoned vets is the next step.