1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fred VanVleet | Eye Test: FFS ~~~ Advanced Stats: Elite

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kennysmith, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

They’re happy because they didn’t want Toronto to pay him as much as we did.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. CXbby

CXbby Member

kennysmith, Xerobull, VoR and 4 others like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm willing to bet that it's because they been threading water the last couple of years and don't seem to be heading in any particular direction. Probably are looking for a rebuild. Rockets on the other hand are looking to start building towards a winning program. I wouldn't worry about what their fans think, we both have different goals at this time. If I were in their shoes, I'd be celebrating FVV moving on rather than continue threading water with current roster. It's all about perspective I suppose.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Also like to point out he played with 4 clones of OG anunoby, was basically the only dude who could shoot on that team. On this team with good C&S shooters like KPJ and CAM whitmore, Jabari and Green his efficiency should be much better. He also shot 39% from 3 on a "down" year so I expect our team 3 pt shooting to skyrocket.

rkh-dog and VoR like this.
  5. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I’m not apart of the narrative but, he literally has to spend the money per nba rules.

s3ts likes this.
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

There was no other shot creation on that team. His unassisted 3 point attempts skyrocketed to 40% of his overall 3 point attempts the last two years, which dragged down efficiency.

rkh-dog and roslolian like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah 2022 raptor team was the craziest I've seen you got Pascal Siakam, Precious Aichuwa, OG anunoby, Scottie Barnes, Dalano Banton, Christian Kaloko, Chris Boucher basically a bunch of 6'8-6'10 guys who can't shoot and FVV lol.

rkh-dog likes this.
  8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Go look at how much the franchise made the past 3 seasons with minimal cap hit. Tillman is not only forced to spend the money, if he didn't, I think I would've started following a different team. Rockets aren't the Lakers, we have to really woo the players to come play for the franchise. This may change a bit if the economy changes, I don't see that yet...

Let me also say Tillman shoving Patrick Fertitta into basketball operations role is insanity. It has nothing to do with the Fertitta family, it's just a known fact the family was trying to make Patrick the GM, maybe even replacing Stone.

Stop covering for this guy. I don't know what you get out of it but he's been using the rockets franchise to make money, not win chips, and that's straight facts.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How did I not know about this amazing series? The internet is vast and wonderous.

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Definitely an overpay, but he's very good and should be a good influence and at a position of need. I like him better than Harden. It is what it is.

11. VoR

VoR Member

I think he was #3 in deflections too.

NewAge likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

How much has the franchise made the past 3 seasons? We been tanking the past 3 yrs I don't see fans filling the seats. I also like hwo you say you ain't part of the narrative and then your entire post is about Fertita being cheap.

Fertita doesn't need the Rockets franchise to make money his networth increased by 3B during the pandemic. Tbh I also don't see what you haters get out of it. Fertita owns the Rockets at the end of the day doesn't matter how much you complain he can tell you to suck a fat one.

Whats facts are:
    1. Fertita let Rockets tank for 3 yrs even when that meant losing money. That's 3 yrs more than Les Alexander who had us Rolling with Shane Battier, Luis Scola and Aaron Brooks just to make the playoffs and get extra cash.

2. Fertita hired Ime Udoka, who is like one of the top coach hires.

3. Fertita just spent to make the new practice facility.

I take all that over some random netizens complaining he is cheap lmao.

rkh-dog likes this.
  13. sengunonlyfan

sengunonlyfan Member

I am cautiously optimistic

[​IMG]

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This will be an interesting year as far as growth and transition. Stone needs to save a little for our own player contracts down the road someone is going to get to the next tier whether it be: Green, Jabari, Tari, or Amen.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. kennysmith

kennysmith Member

It's bingeworthy, i'm jealous. Waiting for new episodes to drop each week was painful!

Xerobull likes this.
  17. s3ts

s3ts Member

He’s been losing money? How do you know?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/196717/revenue-of-the-houston-rockets-since-2006/

Why don’t you just do the simple math on this and explain how the practice facility is gonna fix the situation here?

i love how you glossed over the cronyism of pushing Patrick into the offices was not a big deal.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Revenue is not profit or didn't you know that?

The practice facility may or may not change the situation but it shows Fertita isn't cheap like what you are saying. Of course pushing Patrick into the office makes sense it's their franchise don't you think they wanna have a hand in running it? Why would you buy a franchise and give total control to some other stranger?

You want owner who doesn't want to use the Rockets to make money but also doesn't care about basketball? Why would a guy like that even own an NBA franchise then?

rkh-dog likes this.
  19. s3ts

s3ts Member

I’m old enough to know ebidta revenue profit and the differences between all of these terms. You however didn’t even look up any figures. Net profit is going to be up, Rockets cost of operations is less because we have no one eating up the cap.

The practice facility is just to be competitive with the other teams. Thats clearly something the management just should be on top of anyway. Other teams clearly had the practice facility advantage before the Rockets, at this point he’s super late to the game. Matter of fact maybe he did it by running his luxury tax savings plan.

Still nothing on the Patrick Tillman debacle. I think it’s hilarious.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you are already old enough to know what profit is why did you bother posting revenue like it meant something? Only someone who doesn't understand what he is talking would post that in the first place as the evidence Rockets are making money. Even more ridiculous the chart you showed clearly showed a 50% dip in revenue in 2020 but you didn't even see it.

No one eating up the cap? Didn't we just sign FVV? Seems clear to me you are completely clueless. The practice facility was already small even before Fertita bought the team, Les Alexander had that for decades never felt the need to upgrade it. Like I said Fertita earned 2B during the pandemic. His 174M yacht prob cost more than Rox accumulated profit the past 3yrs so before you feel smug about all that sales revenue you posted I suggest you look the numbers cuz clearly you didn't look at the numbers. But tbh even if you looked up the nos I don't think you'd understand since you have no clue what sales revenue is and thats just sad. If you are already old like you said you should stop posting here and get back to school cuz frankly not knowing basic things like these at your age is embarrassing AF.

There is nothing on the Fertita debacle because it's not a debacle. You don't even have a franchise but feel the need to tell others how the Rox should run the team but heaven forbid the Fertitas try to have a hand in running their own team.

#40 roslolian, Jul 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
    rkh-dog likes this.