1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Calm Down] None of the contracts are that bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 1, 2023.

1. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

2nd team all defense. I don’t even care if he chucks up 10 bad shots a game if he’s able to make our defense respectable. I don’t even like the Brooks deal either. But I’m not writing him off as unplayable.

lionaire likes this.
  2. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

FVV is excellent signing for this team, the problem is Dillon Brooks' 4yr $80million.

and Stone just traded KJ Martin Jr. + Garuba + TyTy + $1.1mil. for exactly NOTHING (2 SRP out 2SRP in = 0)

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Lol you dum

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Shorter deal, no brainer. Both are dead money so shorter = better

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

After reading your post, my anxiety started to settle down!! Thanks, I really needed that!!

…….
    …….
    …….

DeBeards likes this.
  7. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

*hotbed of landry employees

8. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Unfoturnately, he chucked up 15 per game, on a contending team, and demanded he gets more shots.

I see 18 PPG on 20 FGA next year.

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I completely agree with your analysis here. I’ll also admit that I completely forgot about Tate. But I like Tate.

DreamShook and CantStopJG24 like this.
  10. invocux

invocux Member

Who are we overpaying next?

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Jackson must have been hitting the blunt.

How are we going to trade away Mills when we just traded for him ?

AB83Rules likes this.
  12. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

If that happens then you fire your coach

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Ime Udoka is obviously behind all the signings. I would give the guy at least half a season before judging. Any roster that can do better than 3 straight years of tanking is progress! I am sick of seeing the Rockets lose night in and night out.

bro2044 and CantStopJG24 like this.
  14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

He took 15 shots a game. That would've been 2nd on our team last year. And that's with 2 Allstars and Desmond Bane not a bunch of kids.

Drift Monkey likes this.
  15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Wait so we do not have Mills?

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

BamBam likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm not a top capologist like @BimaThug or @NIKEstrad or @aelliott, but I am about 99 % sure that what you posted there is not possible at all.

19. MystikArkitect

Brooks would be our first All NBA Defender since...uhh...

20. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Udoka/Stone basically said that they want to be competitive and want to remake the locker room culture but they also said that realistically they arent going to be able to make a deep run in the playoffs for another 2 years. They signed FVV to run the offense the next 2 years(3rd year is a team option and that is huge) and to show the youngsters how to be a professional. Patty Mills also helps with same. I expect Amen Thompson to benefit a ton by having FVV and Mills to learn from. Other than maybe KJ Martin the outgoing youngsters were not going to get much playing time. 4 years guaranteed for Brooks was a little bit of a head scratcher but all the extra stuff he brings to the table aside there is no argument from me that you need perimeter defenders that can switch and not get taken advantage of he checks that box. Jock Landale hopefully brings about 10-15 minutes a night of hustle and defense and he is only guaranteed 1 year so if he doesnt put up hes gone next year. This move also signifies that the Rockets are expecting Sengun to play around 30-35 minutes a night imo. It sucks they didnt get Brook Lopez but the 3rd year team option for FVV tells me the Rockets drew a line in the sand and said these next 2 years are ALL about developing the youngster and changing the culture and that the Rockets want to have flexibility beyond the 2 years for rookie extensions and to be able to be players again in Free Agency in 2025. Im guessing Lopez wanted a 3rd year from the Rockets to get him to leave from a great situation that he had in Milwaukee and the Rockets rightfully couldnt do it.

Im interested to see what the Rockets do with KPJ going forward. I do not want him to have the keys to the offense ever again but if hes willing to accept being instant offense off the bench and can provide hustle/effort on d i think he can still be a big help.

Overall I think it was a great offseason.

topfive likes this.