1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I was really digging Stone, but after...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 30, 2023.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

If Brooks tried to force Stone's hand, he should've balked and just explored trades. We didn't need to use that money right away....

2. invocux

invocux Member

Market is wild and i get the fvv money and honestly not just market they put themselves into this situation by forcing that weird, rtarded kpj pg exp. It took them forever to realize he isn't a pg now we have to overpay. I'm not super happy but i'm not mad either because fvv is a clear upgrade over kpj. He'll help these kids grow. Also i'm hearing that 3rd is team option. That dude is the best pg we could fine i'm cool with that.

Jock is not even a rim protector this one is a major f-k up. Especially when your head coach asks for a different type of 5 than Sengun from you. Might as well don't get anyone if you are gonna get Jock. This dude is 100% worse than Theis.

Brooks 80 for 4 years? 2-3 was fine but 4 is ridiculous for a guy like Brooks. Not a shooter ok a good defender but 4 years? On the bright side we needed a piece of s.t on our team. We were clearly lacking in a degenerate department. FVV and Brooks are essentially extensions of Ime on the court. 2 good defenders, 2 leaders will keep the kids on their toes.

Overally i'm not happy but i'm not too mad either

3. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Reports say Dillon Brooks' new four-year, $80 million contract with the Houston Rockets has no player or team options and is fully guaranteed. Dillon seems to be an emphatic request from Udoka, let's hope he's right.

4. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Reports say Dillon Brooks' new four-year, $80 million contract with the Houston Rockets has no player or team options and is fully guaranteed. Dillon seems to be an emphatic request from Udoka, let's hope he's right.

5. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Stone and Patrick thinking they are Billy Beane and Peter Brand....hope they get this right!

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’ve never seen a GM self own as much as Stone has just done unless Tillman took over this Summer and we just don’t know that Stone was fired a week ago.

I mean in the span of two hours he just unloaded 3 of his former 1st round picks, and a steal in the 2nd round. While also giving 20 mil a year to a guy whose former team damn near waived him because he was such a toxic locker room moron.

This is such a glaring admission of failure. Usually this only happens when another GM or owner takes over a team that was a failure. I expected one or two of the youngsters to get moved because they wouldn’t be getting PT but 4 of them… damn.

Imanimal likes this.
  7. HookemHorns1250

I have never seen people value second unit players on a 22 win team more than this site does.

Der Rabbi likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Okay, make this make sense, because this sounds literally like Stone is making deals at an erratic pace, like he’s on the clock, realized actually he gave away 2 2nd round picks and then needed to get these back so traded Martin.

9. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Ok. Who are the 6-7 West coast teams the Rockets are clearly better than? I don't think all the deals made today are as awful as people think (except the 4 years on Brooks) but I don't think this is a given.

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Either that or he's got a much better job offer but needs to get fired
    [​IMG]