1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/2023 mock Trade/Draft/Free agency thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 31, 2022.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

3. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

We can absorb Herro’s salary if they send a couple 2nds

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was going to ask about this when I saw that tweet since I don't follow the contract stuff at all. I think Herro makes something like $25+ million/yr. I don't know how much we have left.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

We don't need another guard.

6. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

After dumping Tyty and Garuba it should be around 29M. Herro is 27M. So, we could for example send KPJ to Memphis in Sign and Trade, absorb Herro, and sign Brooks

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Herro would make no sense to me here. We just brought over FVV and we believe Jalen is our future. Can't have Tyler come here as a sixth man either. We have other needs, so prefer we go after a good big man. Don't know who is available but it really is too bad Brook didn't work out. Rockets can't afford to bring in a non shooting big since it would provide less flexible line ups, assuming that they believe in Al P being the future.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I thought everyone wanted competition? Everyone was fine with Lopez taking starting spot from our best young guy but not with Herro?

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  9. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

Gotta be Brooks and Ayton, right? At least clearing cap space would align with Ayton's contract...

But who knows

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ayton isn’t the answer. Alp is better than him now and 4 years younger

11. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

The salary works, but if this brings in Turner instead of Ayton. I will consider this an A+ off season.

I will still have the scepticism around the roles of him and Sengun, but if they missed out of Brook Lopez and somehow pivot to Turner. That's a win for me.

Even if it comes with Dillon Brooks -_-

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know, I want balance. I don't think Herro gives us balance, and despite him being a good player, I'm not interested in him. I believe in Jalen personally. I also believe in Sengun. I thought Brook Lopez made sense since it would give us the ability to play Sengun/Lopez together since Brook could stand in the perimeter.

Tyler, from a talent perspective is great, but not someone I want on my team at this time. I really do believe in Jalen and I think he should be the starter.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I do too, I don’t want to get replacements for Green, Alp or Jabari. See what Ime can do

ElPigto likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

I think wrapping up money in a player who has had multiple surgeries on the same foot and has yet to play a full season might be a mistake

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I get that this off-seasons signing are supposed to be “bridge” guys to help bring some general competence for our youth to better develop, but it sure feels like we’re doing our best to be the Washington Wizards of the last decade. Actively trying to win as a goal, but putting together a completely inept roster to attempt to achieve that goal.

18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Once we sign Brooks, we should have well over $12m left. What free agent center is going to command that amount?

19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Current look —

Sengun/Landale
    Jabari/Tari
    Brooks/Whitmore
    Green/Mills
    FVV/Thompson

Also on roster — KPJ, KMJ, Tate, and Christopher. I’m just not convinced they all make it to opening day.

I liked the draft, I like the FVV move, and I think the Landale move is fine. $80M guaranteed for Brooks is just crazy.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew