1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/2023 mock Trade/Draft/Free agency thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 31, 2022.

1. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

All part of the narrative!

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know if you've watched him play, this is like complaining that Charles Barkley is 6'5. He's already definitively proven that he can outplay his height so that's all moot. He blocks more shots, grabs more rebounds and gets more deflections than Brooks. Brown is also a way better passer and offensive role player in general. Can even run some PG. The game is both offense and defense, nothing happens in a vacuum. That slightly better defense for Brooks is not making up for the difference in their overall contribution to wins. Did I mention Brown is a champion and Brooks just got tossed on the street by a team that just got tossed out of the playoffs?

Also, I don't understand why people feel the need to take an inch off players' height to make a point. He was taller than 6'3 without shoes five years ago and 6'5 in shoes. The 2018 combine measurements are online, feel free to google them.

jch1911 and theDude like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Got to stop you right there, Barkley was 250 pounds... in college. I didn't just mention height.

Brown is a terrific defender and athlete, I've always kind of seen him as an alternate reality version of WB who accepted being a role player and bought into doing all the dirty work.

He's still on a 200-pound frame, and while he can hold his own against larger players, he is still best served using his physical advantages against guards on a night to night basis.

Guys like Brooks/Smart, even if only an inch or two taller, being on 225-pound frames can legitimately knuckle up against large wings and forwards full time.

You don't have to tell me, I'm the king of combine measurements, I memorize players at their barefoot combine heights.

I'd love Brown or DDV if we either don't sign FVV, or end up moving KPJ.

4. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Monte would be a good pickup. I might like that better than FVV personally. Advanced stats think FVV has a much larger impact on winning though and we know that they are very committed to being competitive this season.

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

7. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

How many more trades will he request during his career?

GotGame15, sirjesse and daywalker02 like this.
  8. NewAge

NewAge Member

Are there still Mo Bamba truthers out there? He got cut by the Lakers. Homeless man’s Brook Lopez, but much younger. He was a blogger favorite at one point…Anyone?

GotGame15, jch1911 and jb86 like this.
  9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Count me in... if he is coming cheap

10. jb86

jb86 Member

Pull the trigger. He will be cheap and he is stretch 5/shot blocker. But i would add another big afterwards for insurance purposes. Why? Because Mo Bama is injury prone.

jch1911 likes this.
  11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I remember, a few years ago Lebron made a joke that Harden is never available as a free agent (or trades, etc). At the time the rockets would just renegotiate and pay him more before that time ever comes.

Now it seems like he's either a free agent or in trade discussions every year.

matchesmalone likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is a stage play, a screenplay, a farce.

13. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

If they don't pry one of the two away from the Wizards for "one or two second round picks," I think it would be professional malpractice on Stone's part. Why the heck did we free up playing time by waiving Nix - come on Stone! Get It Done!

MarioKissoDeath and theDude like this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You forgot to respond to this part btw:

Brown has already proven that he can outplay bigger players than him, so you're still talking about what would be a legit concern in his rookie season. He's a million percent capable of guarding SF's. We just saw it throughout the playoffs en route to a title.

Also regarding measurements, you said he's 6'3 and he is not. Also, if you're looking at barefoot heights, then there are tons of 6'5 small forwards and 2 inches is nothing for Brown. He's guarded bigger players than that. He played some C even in Brooklyn. He's often called the smallest big man in the league. He's extremely strong and also a good post defender.

There is no one worried about his strength or size. We've seen this time and time again in NBA history, there are players who have proven that they can overcome a couple inches in height. Brown is one of them. It's a non-issue especially with him - to a championship level. Like I said, he blocked more shots, grabbed more rebounds and deflected more passes than Mr 6'5 220lbs. Makes absolutely no sense to prefer Brooks in that scenario.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Who is that dude @zeeshan2 How did you find him.

17. conquistador#11

He is gone.
    [​IMG]

sirjesse and J.R. like this.
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Trading for Harden on a 1 year $35M is potentially the least-offensive way to acquire him... depending on what we give up. If it's just like KJ Martin, TyTy, and some far-future firsts anyway.

19. prs325

prs325 Member

Rox must pivot. Bring him back for 1 year!

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

what happened to his old acct?? banned? deleted?