1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cason Wallace

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ThatboyPhuong, Mar 31, 2023.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I really like this guy alot.

Caesar, roslolian, Clutch and 2 others like this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

I like him if he's there for the Clippers pick! Maybe even trade something to move up and get him if we don't take a PG with our first pick. I see people dropping a lot of Jrue Holiday comps but personally I see a taller Kyle Lowry.

Would improve our defense and playmaking right away.

B-Bob and roslolian like this.
  3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You guys kill me. We need a veteran backup PG, SHOOTERS and a true Center.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

What does that have to do with this thread? Are you on the wrong forum?

Deckard and roslolian like this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He is not a traditional PG, I wouldn't pencil in playmaking.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have stated few times on clutchfans that we need to draft this guy and bring off the bench for about 2 seasons. IF.... victor w, brandon miller, jarace walker, cam whitmore gets drafted.

Even bringing a second rookie into the rotation next season will make it very hard to win though regardless.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. sydmill

sydmill Member

He's a suped up version if Pat Beverly. Love his defense but he'll need some RGV time before being much on offense.

Medicine N Music likes this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm just saying it's time to start winning and bringing in more Rookie will not produce a winning culture.....because they are too young to know how to win.

After the top pick, be it 1, 2 or 3, I would trade the 2nd #1 pick for a veteran shooter or draft a 4yr player who can shoot.

This team need veteran presence in the starting lineup and in the bench rotation. Preferably a starting SF or C or both

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You are definitely right. It is doable to have both picks on the team the second one being Wallace.

There are many ways you could do that. One for example use some of the young players to move up to get him which would could potentially become expendable depending on who the top pick is. Then making room to sign FA’s etc

You have the Nets assets as well as the cap space and the young players on the team.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

We have loads of cap space, just use free agency to add veterans. If anything we should be trading some lesser assets to move the Clippers pick up in the draft.

This is likely the last chance to have a great year of building through the draft, we should maximize it. We're still not actually contending next season anyway.

Regardless you should go post about these overall strategy type things in the GARM, not under specific prospect discussion threads in the draft forum, IMO.

roslolian and sydmill like this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I want to be very clear that since we can't draft till 4, this would be my guy. Basketball is a skill game. Look at who is dominating the playoffs right now. Cason is skilled af and he's all in on defense and team basketball. Efficiency. Defense. Skill. He's gonna be really good for someone else, because I'm sure we'll **** this up.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.