1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lock Him Up !

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 8, 2023.

?

agree or disagree?

This poll will close on Mar 4, 2026 at 6:23 PM.
  1. Agree

92.7%
  2. Disagree

7.3%
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont need to lie. My over-success is a burden to me. I feel guilty when I look at others.

Should I blame Trump for it? No. He did what he thought was best for his country and his countrymen like myself.

Also, my mother never loved me.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let me tell you the #1 reason why I have made so much and you so little.

You are stupid enough to wager your hard earned money to win an online argument.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Why are you lying on the internet? Who are you trying to impress?

5. astros123

astros123 Member

Soooooo you're all talk and whimper out. That's all I hear from your excuse. It's always the same with you MAGA. Talk a big game but never put up. You're broke as **** buying MAGA merchandise. Quit hiding it. You don't fool me.

If you wanna put up $$ let me know. You say the amount and I'll put up.

These people are full of ****. All these right wingers. @Salvy @Trader_Jorge @bigtexxx

MAGA is a sick disease. They lie about literally everything

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You talk like a 10 year old.

This is an adult forum.

I dont want you to wager your Robux and then go crying to your mum.

7. Buck Turgidson

How Adult are we, though?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

I have a 7 digit business. I have more money in my piggy bank than you have in your 401k. Don't worry about me.

Are we up for the wager? You just claimed you made tons nd tons of money?

9. Buck Turgidson

More Adult Stuff

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let me put it this way....

I have Debbie does Dallas on VHS.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I wouldn't brag about having a 7 digit for your business.

Almost every business has a telephone number.

Not that difficult to get lol.

Pic of you piggy bank? Would have to be visible from space to be larger than my 401k, which accounts for less than 1% of my wealth, all thanks to Trump.

12. astros123

astros123 Member

Always same thing with you right wingers. I just don't get what you tools get out of lying non stop. @Salvy claimed he was getting cheaper insurance than that on healthcare gov nd when I offered him that I'll ban myself from the message boards if he showed evidence he ignored it. Same with you. You didn't make jack **** under trump nor did you date any hot women. Youre just a loud mouth right wing tool jerking off to Melania or ivanka.

If anyone in this thread wants to put money on their cult lord trump shoot me a dm. The loud mouth MAGA will never put up cuz they're broke living in their trailers.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Just as I suspected.

All words, No pic.

Stop wasting my time.

Do you have any idea how many ridiculously hot looking women are waiting for me right now?

14. astros123

astros123 Member

I would need to know how many half sisters live with you for me to answer that?

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Gender is getting out of hand.

You are changing my brother's gender but only half of him gets changed.

So now I am left with one sibling, who is a half sister and a half brother, and an eternal state of confusion. I dont even want to know how he/she would feel.

Stop half trasngendering my sibling.

Can we please get America back to when everything was simple?

MAGA

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

let's get this thread back on track

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/06/10/trump-indictment-espionage-danger-democracy/

Opinion: Indicting an ex-president and leading candidate requires more than this
    By Gary Abernathy
    Contributing columnist
    June 10, 2023 at 2:23 p.m. EDT

When the federal indictment against former president Donald Trumpwas unsealed Friday, I scoured news reports looking for the bombshell that I believed had to be there — perhaps allegations of trading classified documents to a foreign power or leveraging secrets for business gains. Short of that, I was convinced charges would not have been filed.

I was wrong. The 37 charges in the indictment were mostly based on information already in the public record. As The Post reported, “the bulk of the charges” — 31 — “relate to willful retention of national defense information,” technically a violation of the Espionage Act. The law was created in 1917 “to crack down on wartime activities considered dangerous or disloyal, including attempts to acquire defense-related information with the intent to harm the United States,” as the government’s Intelligence Community website describes it. Except nowhere do the charges indicate that Trump is suspected of hoarding documents to betray the country.

Other charges amount to various ways of saying he withheld or concealed — or schemed to conceal — documents or records. These are just creative ways to charge Trump with numerous crimes over one central action. In a country where many experts agree that too many documents are classified in the first place, bringing felony charges against a former president for possessing some is overkill.

Finally, there’s that reliable charge of last resort: “obstruction.” Prosecutors far and wide learn early on that if you can’t nail them on the crime, nail them on trying to obstruct the investigation of the crime.

Let’s be clear: There’s no good excuse for Trump holding onto classified documents, especially after the government demanded their return. But it’s not in Trump’s psyche to do what’s logical or easy. We know this. He takes every confrontation as a personal challenge. It’s what some people love about him, and what has so exhausted the rest of us.

But let’s also be clear about this: Bringing charges related to the possession of classified documents against a current or former president for anything short of colluding with our enemies or selling them on the black market is unnecessary, unwise and destructive to democracy. It will exacerbate our political polarization and dominate the daily news cycle much like the Russian collusion hysteria of Trump’s first two years in office. No one can be looking forward to that.

But the biggest downside of indicting Trump is the profound line crossed by a sitting president using — or abusing, to many millions of people — the power of the state to arrest and possibly imprison a political opponent.

With this indictment, our country has entered dangerous new territory. In 2019, Trump was roundly criticized (and ultimately impeached and acquitted) for asking Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter. And Biden wasn’t even a declared candidate yet. To many inside the country and beyond, Thursday’s indictment will appear as more brazen and even authoritarian in nature. Yes, there’s a special prosecutor and a grand jury and their vaunted independence. But in reality, special counsel Jack Smith works for Attorney General Merrick Garland, who serves at the pleasure of Biden. The degrees of separation are not reassuring.

No one is above the law, and it is not so difficult to imagine the kind of grave crime that would leave an administration with no choice but to prosecute a president’s chief political rival. That is just not the case here. Yes, these charges are defensible from a strict interpretation of code, but prosecutors always have discretion to consider the broader context, and here the Justice Department has failed the highest-stakes test of prosecutorial discretion one can imagine. As president, Trump had already seen all the classified documents in question. He apparently retained them not for nefarious purposes, but under a misguided sense of entitlement. He was sloppy and careless with them — hardly unprecedented at the highest levels of government. Whether Trump alluded to them in conversation or even briefly showed a document to visitors, felony indictments appear personally and politically vindictive.

And yet, Trump’s hubris regarding classified material is another reason — on top of his refusal to acknowledge his 2020 election loss — for Republicans to look elsewhere for their 2024 standard-bearer. This episode is a stark reminder that should he regain the White House, Trump’s penchant for personal drama will always sidetrack opportunities for real accomplishment.

But Trump’s fate should be decided by voters, not the Justice Department — certainly not the Biden Justice Department — or the courts. Based on what we know now, the underlying offense does not warrant the national upheaval that comes with charging a former president and the likely 2024 Republican nominee.

This indictment may buoy Trump’s enemies, but it is not good for the country.

17. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Joe and Donnie are both older than dirt. I wish they both would just die already, so this country could move on to something new to fight about.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

i would be more surprised if you had it on DVD.

19. goophers

goophers Member

Can you share your instagram/youtube channels? Clearly those are not private, and since your viewership is down maybe you can get the old CF bump.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that.