1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Non lottery prospects you like

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sydmill, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Jalen Hood-Schifino

OremLK, S_Marley21, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

BaselineFade, Believe It! and Nook like this.
  3. S_Marley21

S_Marley21 New Member

Jordan Hawkins from UConn could be a great pickup. Shoots the 3 very well, good size, athleticism and good defender. Effective on and off ball

4. i3artow i3aller

5. i3artow i3aller

6. TheBeastSystem

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

So hard to even determine which prospects are in the lottery this year. I think there are big cliffs after #2 and after #7 but I don't see a clear cliff after that. There are a number of guys I could just as easily see going in the lottery as in the second round.

So with that in mind, here are some guys who might fall out of the lottery that I like:

Anthony Black
    Jalen Hood-Schifino
    Gradey Dick
    Brice Sensabaugh
    Jordan Hawkins
    Dariq Whitehead
    Nick Smith
    Taylor Hendricks
    Cason Wallace

Any or all of these guys could be lottery picks, some of them almost certainly will not be. A few of them could even end up close to the top 5.

It's a confusing draft class.

No Worries likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I agree. The talent level flattens a bit after #7 or so. Teams picking after #7 and looking for the BPA will have a large pool to select from and may select for-need from that BPA pool. If the Rockets get lucky, a for-need gem might fall to them at the Clippers pick.

OremLK likes this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, with the Clippers pick.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

With the Clippers pick potentially falling to 20, he might be an interesting guy to take a flyer on depending on who's left on the board. Sounds and looks like a prospect who could have serious helium and end up near the top of next year's draft, a chance to steal a march and get him late could be worth it. They better only take him if they've had conversation and are sure he'd sign, though.

11. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

James Nnaji, 18 y.o big man getting sporadic minutes on a deep and experienced Barcelona squad.

I know the skilled big is en vogue now, but sometimes you just need an athletic lob threat and rim protector. Nnaji also has a little bag of post moves and decent touch. His paint FG% is reported to be like 75 or 80-something %. Moves his feet well on defense.

Looks like a 2nd round, maybe late 1st prospect. I think the Rockets are more likely to trade the #20 pick than make a selection, but Nnaji could be a draft and stash prospect if there aren't any deals to be made. Noah Clowney is probably a better fit though.

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Tramon Mark will pull out of the draft and he is transferring to Arkansas because he wants to play PG.

Kendric Davis is probably 5'10 and he's already 23 yrs old.

I expect Sasser to do like Grimes did 2yrs ago he was viewed as a high 2nd rounder and played his way into the first round at the draft combine.

13. VoR

VoR Member

Jett Howard has the most Michael Jordan potential I have seen in decades. Absolutely beautiful mechanics. Floor for him is a 9/10 pass and catch shooter.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

If he goes undrafted, or we buy a second round pick, Tosan Evboumwan is a guy I like super late:

Could be the Austin Reaves of this class. Good defensive, long combo forward with a good touch around the basket, nice ballhandling skills, and plus passing/playmaking. Averaged 15, 6, and 5 on decent but not great efficiency. Needs to work on his jump shot.

15. i3artow i3aller

16. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Sleeper: Adama Sanogo from UConn

I hope we trade the #20 pick for a future asset, and buy a 2nd rounder and get him.

17. i3artow i3aller

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

We should pick up Oscar Tshiebwe if he goes undrafted. Rebounding has become an underrated skill in today's game. Half of why Denver is destroying the playoffs RN is because nobody can get a board against Jokic.

19. i3artow i3aller

J.R. likes this.
  20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

For my number 20 pick I like either Lively or Kris Murray, both will do very well in a Rockets uniform. Y