1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Has Harden ever had a Jimmy Butler performance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Oct 5, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You know what is astounding.....him still having his fanbase after he forked this franchise over with his honey bun way.

I know now why there is this abusive cycle that people keep on getting back to.

[​IMG]

#1001 daywalker02, May 29, 2023
    Last edited: May 29, 2023
    LosPollosHermanos and RKREBORN like this.
  2. amaru

amaru Member

But they were. So yes, they 100% blew it. No excuse. If you’re good enough to go up 3-0 you’re good enough to close out the series.

Ancient Moabite and icewill36 like this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What's even weirder is acting personally offended like you're defending the 713 regional pride.

Players leave franchises, new players join, it's part of the entertainment value of sports.

HP3 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yo, Sam, carry on, did not know you were there.

Well, had to sort of pretend I was offended at least.

(I do not mind him back for 2 years, but what I am going to do with those 2 years, yeah, making memes)

That is the spirit of fight, Harden would not know about it.

#1004 daywalker02, May 29, 2023
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They aren't rockets fans . He sabotaged this team and they still him >>> the team

Its crazy, he went Scottie level quitting with his training camp debacle. Its jeremy lin level. Harden isn't a rocket, never will be, he plays for another team live with it!!

rocketchamp likes this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Even with them would have one if cp3 didnt get injured. Luck plays a huge factor in winning it all no matter how good you are. James is just is one of guys with bad luck. He was a always very durable until he goes to brooklyn, another place he gets a ring if not for injury.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

James Harden is an ex Rockets, he has his jersey on the rafters. Just bc u can't appreciate and respect a former great rockets doesn't mean the folks who do aren't real Rockets fan.

If u don't like harden keep it to yourself, expressing hatred towards a former great rockets who literally has his name on our franchise records makes u look like the one that ain't a real rockets fan.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm sure there are Harden fanbois who watch his every games after he left us distastefully as there are folks r on here hate watching as anti hardens hoping he fails and suck as a player.

I appreciate Harden game as a player and respect him as a former rockets player. I don't watch any of his game aside from a highlight here or there and generally root for him to have success as a former great rockets as long as it doesn't conflict with my rockets. I think that's fine behavior as a normal rockets fans.

If u don't like harden, it's fine and understandable. But once u start trashing him and praising the likes of others over a former rockets great it rubs me the wrong way.
    Folks like to question Harden fans loyalty to the franchise are the same weirdos who are gagging the balls 24/7 of players like Lillard, butler and Paul George guys who never represent the rockets at all.

Imagine gatekeeping proper rockets fan behavior when anti harden folks act distatefully towards a former rockets great.

9. MettaWorldPete

Interesting to think about how the game tonight will affect Butler's legacy. Up until now, I thought there was a lot of overlap between him and Harden. They both have had incredible highs and terrible lows in the playoffs. Narrative-wise, though, after tonight Jimmy will have led the Heat on an epic playoff run to the finals as an 8 seed, or be the leader of the first team to lose after going up 3-0.

10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

This is stupid and you know it. The Celtics are superior team, if they win it won't be a reflection on Jimmy.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Butler channeling 2017 concussed James Harden for the last week.

Harden had the 2 Butler games against Boston, and Butler having the Harden games - what a time to be alive.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Has Harden ever had a Caleb Martin performance?

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You guys should never speak again . That’s how embarrassing some posts are

Asian Sensation likes this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

look at how hard this soy loser ****ing tries so hard lmao. You know even he doesn’t believe it despite how high up James ass he is.

We inly use concussion James for when someone has more turnovers than points (aka a normal elimination game for harden)

#1014 LosPollosHermanos, May 29, 2023
    Asian Sensation likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Only on Clutchfans will you find people who will dick ride someone who says they dont like Houston. And will go to the ends of the earth to crap on the second(or third for the goofies) greatest Rocket ever.

Total losers, stop bumping this thread in the GARM.

DatRocketFan likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That's one valid perspective, the other perspective is to keep clowning on the people who take a **** on anyone that questions James Harden's leadership or clutchness like he's some sort of god because he's the "second or third greatest Rocket".

On today's internet where people entrench in an ideology it's nice to watch them writhe around in moments like this.

BUMP.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao what? Do you see what Harden "lovers" on this board say after he plays bad? This is just flat out untrue. Its just that people on this board genuinely cannot get over him. Like they dont even watch Rockets games lol.

Writhe in what? Butler was about to blow a 3-0 lead. Yea he is similar to Harden in terms of career(maybe better). But golly ONLY ONE OF THEM WERE ROCKETS lol. Get over it man(not you) and talk about it somewhere else. This thread is dumb.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Butler is the leader of the team you can tell. The teammates gravitate towards him.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I honestly don't understand what we are arguing(?) about here. Haha

The premise of this thread is that Butler is a leader and Harden is not. People scoffed all over it. People get so triggered when you say "Harden is not a leader". I'm here for their tears now that reality has so poetically reminded us who both players are in the past week.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden is a leader, he just doesnt show up towards the end of the series.

You know thats not what the premise of this thread is man. One of these guys is a Rockets great, the other isnt. Like we know his flaws, why are we trying to big up someone who doesnt even like Houston?