1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. dmoneybangbang

You mean Farmland Saga....

I really loved season 1 but season 2 has been pretty underwhelming. Thorfinn "worked" in season 1 but now they are trying to give him depth and there's just a bunch of shots of blank and confusing stares by Thorfinn. Hopefully it picks up.... just pretty hard to watch in this weekly episode format when not much is going on.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

Rewatching Tokyo Ghoul for some reason... still a great show but IMO peaked season 1 finale

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that way. I tried to gauge reactions on reddit. As usual, reddit isn't a place for discussion. Any negative opinion is basically suppressed and ridiculed as "oh, you're just a simpleton who wants a mindless shounen". I just want a cohesive story which there hasn't been one so far. And "season 1 is just a prologue, now time for the real story" as if a new viewer is supposed to know that.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm ok with the farmland stuff.

Tbh, the first season made me hate thorfinn for being mindless fool who got carried away with his simple notions of a warriors pride.

im guessing S2 is a bridge arc that shows the difference between wolves and sheep and his redemption for life might be what it takes to return home. For what is a different question.

There's 200 ch of the manga so I'm guessing he makes it out of the farm. I mean that last episode brought back cunte, so it gonna escalate quickly fairly soon,

And as someone who caught up watching the anime, i saw that the creator shared mutual respect with the attack on titan creator. I think there will be more cohesiveness as long as they air episodes more often rather than dragging things out

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My Anime Brethren. Can someone tell me why Jalen was getting cooked for putting Deku as his avatar??

7. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

The new season is Demon Slayer is out for those interested. Also, it did become farmville for a sec but still enjoying Vinland Saga's latest episodes and just started checking out Hell's Paradise about assassins. It has good reviews we'll see how it is.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I had no clue what Hell’s Paradise is, but have been watching this 1st season. It’s just ok so far

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is gonna be crazy

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Anyone have streaming sites to watch from? I wanna watch the new Demon Slayer, Gundam Witch from Mercury, and Konosuba but don't wanna pay for Crunchyroll.

11. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Don't know how I missed it but I discovered there is a Ninja Scroll 2 trailer for the anime classic. Apparently, the script is finished and they've been working on funding.

Kind of sick it hasn't dropped, I would straight up help crowd-fund this project, the original was a classic that put me on to anime as a kid from martial arts films. Keep in mind, the original was made 30 years ago in 1993, won awards/critics praise, and was far ahead of its time.

Review of the Original classic *Spoilers*

#3231 OkayAyeReloaded, May 21, 2023
    Last edited: May 21, 2023
    elrond and Xerobull like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Woah.

Same story here. NS (the movie) is my all-time favorite. The series is decent.

I would totally crowdfund this movie.

OkayAyeReloaded and elrond like this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Is Attack on Titan back yet?

14. elrond

elrond Member

Oh wow...Ninja Scroll, it's been awhile since I rewatched it. Definitely one of my favorite anime from when I first started watching anime. Lost count how many times I watched it. So many times my friend and I would watch something that sucked due to the limited selection at the local rental store and say screw it, let's watch Ninja Scroll again to get the bad taste out of our mouths.

15. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I know this is real talk since you brought up the rental store :D

Yeah it was limited back then, I was into action, etc. and quality was hard to find, the Blockbuster guys would tip us off when something good came in. Ninja Scroll, Fist of the North Star, Vampire Hunter D, etc. all were childhood favorites.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

edit - wrong thread

17. VanityHalfBlack

What the hell is this?

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Demon Slayer has been consistent what the fx and eye candy. The style pops on a nice tv

19. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I mean say what you want, but as a whole Demon Slayer is one of the best animes I've seen.

Each recent season is movie quality, enjoyable story/character development and you can pause the video and each screenshot is a piece of art. Good season finale to the swordsman arc.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

this season isn’t as good as Entertainment District

JJK in July is what I’m truly waiting for