1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Harden is a loser. And he’s aging. Why in the f*ck would anyone want to hamstring this team with him and the helm? Let’s continue to bill organically like the Celtics did, and if there is a free agent out there that makes sense, then let’s do it.

Signing Harden makes absolutely no sense. And harden isn’t a player that’s going to attract quality free agents. I don’t think a lot of elite players respect Harden.

Couldn’t win with a rockets team built around hi . From CP3 to his hand picked buddy Westbrick. He acted like a b**** and bailed. Went to buddy up with KD & Kyrie, couldn’t win with them, acted like a b**** and bailed. Went to Philly with MVP Embiid, and Maxey, couldn’t win with them either, acting like a b**** and bailing.

then he wants to come back to Houston at his old age, same loser mentality, wanting more control - and you expect him to elevate this team?!

LOL some of you guys are delusional

2. riko

riko Member

If there is a team dumb enough to pay him 4 year 200 million deal then love you James but see you

jim1961 likes this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

There might be, you still think Harden is good lol.....

4. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I agree with you that this seems like Harden’s camp putting this out to get the Sixers or someone else to give that to him. Or maybe it’s the Rox so they get less grief when they sign him for that.

Like I said, regardless of everything else, many or most are going to view Harden as the top FA overall this summer. I can’t recall someone who many think is the top FA not getting their max. I don’t think many teams are going to be excited about paying that number but I think he’s going to get it, or at least have the option to get it. Maybe he stays with the Sixers on a slightly more team favorable deal.

#3124 ChillyPete32, May 21, 2023
    Last edited: May 21, 2023
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

What if I told you Tilman Fertitta’s Rockets are one of those teams?

[​IMG]

Little Bit likes this.
  6. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I think Harden is the best FA. In terms of best player to add for next season I don’t think it’s close other than maybe Kyrie. Looking at the overall life of the contract if you thought FVV is a better gamble because of age, or would rather gamble on Kyrie being a loose cannon over Harden’s age, I can see it. Hard to really make a great case for many beyond that.

I’m not thrilled about possibly paying Harden $60 mil at age 38, but everyone always says a flawed player like Harden isn’t worth their max and they pretty much always get it.

Imanimal likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Har-good......Har-worse.

Do not Bru Har Har me.

9. riko

riko Member

Tilman for all is faults is a good business man. I’ll be shocked if he does that deal. Noway. This is hardens camp leaking nonsense. No sane Gm/ ownership will offer him that kind of money at the young ripe age of 33. Hell Luka got 200 million with a 5 year contract timeline and he is what 24?

#3129 riko, May 21, 2023
    Last edited: May 21, 2023
    jim1961 likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

So let me see if I've got this right: The only FA you want more than Harden is Kyrie.

Brother, that's a mighty bold take around these parts.

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It's not really about Harden being flawed. It's about him being 34 next season and his game showing obvious decline from a physical perspective this past season. His #'s on dunks and baskets in the paint has cratered. Furthermore Harden was once one of the NBA iron man, but has suffered injuries the past two seasons.

Aside from the rare exceptions like Lebron, Curry and KD, teams don't want to give max contracts to players with that combination of age and injuries. Chris Paul's contract with the Suns after 2021 at the age of 35 is a good comparison. It was 4 year deal only partially guaranteed and way short of his max. This after co-leading the suns to the NBA finals.

12. riko

riko Member

I highly doubt even Lebron and KD could get that contract now given how injury prone they are and age bracket. Curry might be the only one that can get that out of those three given his game is off the ball and less rigorous

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Definitely not now for Lebron.

I just meant at the same age (34). All three would've gotten immediate max contracts if they were FA's at that age, since they were one of the few, who were still at All-NBA - MVP level players.

Portland IMO made a huge mistake giving Dame that max 2 yr extension for 2026 and 2027 when they had no reason to. He will be 35 and 36 those season.

riko likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The media knows how much Harden is eligible to make. The sports journalists are throwing out the numbers. We'll see what the actual offers will be.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is actually worth 40 mil/yr based off his regular season level of play even at this stage of his career…he just can’t be trusted in the playoffs

dude can be god mode in 1 playoff game, and then trash in the next

Games 1 and 4 were better than anything Embiid has ever done in a playoff game and it’s not even close, but then things like game 7 happen

I think Harden can produce several more seasons like the one he just had, especially in the regular season

CHAMPBOY likes this.
  16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Agreed…. I don’t see him falling off the lot, but he needs to be like the third or fourth scorer on a team. Let him orchestrate an offense, provide spacing (excellent C and S) and go to the rim on occasion. I think one of the mistakes that the Sixers made in the playoffs was playing in as many minutes as they did. I think he needs to be around 28-30.

4 years 180 with the option to buyout years 3 and 4 for a modest sum is also ok with me.

CHAMPBOY likes this.
  17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Brad beal got a supermax with a full no trade. Teams do INSANE stuff all the time.

18. riko

riko Member

Only teams with that kind of capspace are

Detroit
    San Antonio
    Orlando
    Indiana
    Houston

… indiana has Halliburton. Detroit has Cade. San Antonio ? Orlando might be given they badly need a point guard.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Miami signed Jimmy Butler in FA while being over the cap…Harden isn’t limited to just teams with a ton of cap space

riko likes this.
  20. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Just to be accurate, Miami traded for Jimmy Butler (Sign & Trade). You're point is still valid that there are other ways to acquire a player instead of outright signing them but a team without cap space can't sign a free agent.