1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gilbert throws some shade/truth on rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 20, 2023.

1. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

None of that is proof of anything.

Yung-T, Kevooooo, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  2. s3ts

s3ts Member

Before Tilman, who did we develop into a great talent and then retained it instead of simply trading the team like an asset? Last I can really remember is Yao. There are some others but we trade them at peak value unless they’re superstars.

Not a fan of Gilbert Arenas takes but the idea that the Rockets fail at developing players is true.

3. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

omg it’s so obvious to me now … not
    This thread is straight dumpster garbage

4. mightybosstone

Random fan predicts outcome that comes true, therefore it's proven fact. Never mind the numerous previous lotteries where small market garbage teams got top picks.

Conspiracy theorists look at any outcome as proof that the conspiracy is real and ignore any inconsistencies that might disprove it. There's probably another 5-6 teams who could have won it, and you'd still be claiming it's rigged.

Yung-T, theDude and cmlmel77 like this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

?????

Kawhi is a wing. And barely plays in recent history. Duncan is HOF but to me isn’t greater than Dream. Now that leaves David Robinson & Artis Gilmore vs Yao, Moses, and Dwight. Hell I might give Houston the edge.

BigMaloe, Caesar, Andre0087 and 3 others like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

My bad but thought we were talking championships and bigs.

But carry on.

The Spurs and their bigs were more successful and also won more recently.

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

…you should take some of your own advice - the obvious is the odds were stacked in the favor of the 3 worst teams and one of those teams won the lotto. That’s not proof of a conspiracy - it’s proof that likely statistical outcomes are…likely!

Kevooooo likes this.
  8. Ancient Moabite

The NBA already provided proof allegedly from the Stern era with the Knicks/Ewing draft with the suspect bent envelope

Plus Mutombo came out (tweeted) and congratulated Sixers on getting 1st pick when the selection wasn't even on air yet, which I think was the Simmons pick

All you need is two witnesses according to law/commerce, the more the better

I would just call it they are doing what is best for their business, which they are first and last, regardless of how we all feel and rant back n forth about the entertaining product

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Spurs haven’t won a championship without Tim Duncan. Not one. Their great tradition is Really Tim Duncan’s career. And dude played like a HOF from day 1. So how much development did they actually do? And again I’d take Dream any day. But Carry on.

10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Mad at the messenger? If Tim Legler or JJ Reddick said this you'd call it a fantastic take

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

One of the teams with the highest odds won the draft lottery. This is a shocking conspiracy.

12. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Keyon Martin briefly talks about the Rockets and his son at 11:11

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I see a lot of people thinking this draft was rigged.

What possible reason would the NBA have to send another star to San Antonio and the tragically low ratings they always draw?

Yung-T and Kevooooo like this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Why do you need to qualify it with “not trading them away?”.

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

For money. The NBA benefits from stars. From their perspective, they want Wemby to be productive for years to make as much money for them as possible. They hope Pop can squeeze as much years out of him as possible like he did Duncan & Robinson

16. Audioout

Audioout Member

Makes me wonder, why trash Houston so much in the news. You can argue the Spurs have been the better organization for a long time but both Houston and San Antonio have been more successful than most every other team in the league since the 90s. Why don't they spend that energy trashing other teams like Detroit or Portland or Charlotte or Orlando...

17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Because as a Rockets fan, your YouTube, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter algorithms are all tuned to find Rockets news and mentions and since the team has been bottom 2 for the last 3 years it's obviously gonna be more negative. The algorithms caters to things you'll interact with, positive or negative. I'm not reading an article about the state of the Hornets rebuild. Go to a Raptors forum and see how much they cry about negative coverage in the media. Every fan base thinks they're a victim.

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  18. xaos

xaos Member

This is the guy that's supposed to enlighten me lmfao

Yung-T, TEXNIFICENT and Little Bit like this.
  19. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Nah it's rigged, all you have to do is show the ping pong balls on live TV and all the combonations on a big screen.

Hui likes this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Were we a joke of a franchise before or after Tillman?