1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are you taking with the 4th pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, May 16, 2023.

?

Who are you taking?

1. Amen Thompson

148 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Jarace Walker

34 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Ausar Thompson

6 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Cam Whitmore

37 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Trade the pick

101 vote(s)
    29.7%
  6. Other (Specify)

14 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, Amen Thompson got more assists in his league's finals (3 games) than Whitmore did all year, lol.

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Spot on. We have too many rookies

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Only chance I am taking Whitmore is in a trade down scenario where I am getting something else in addition.

saleem likes this.
  4. AXG

AXG Member

I believe Charlotte picks Miller with the #2 pick. I also think Portland wants to trade down for more picks to get another established player. Houston can package the 4th pick with other first rounders and take Scoot.

Arnel and robbie380 like this.
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Trade with Portland for Scoot if he's at 3 or trade down. I haven't looked in depth, but 4 thru 10 all seem the same to me at first glance.

No Worries likes this.
  6. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I could see giving up the Clippers pick for Scoot or just draft Amen at the 4th pick

Arnel and Y2JT like this.
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

trade it...

either package it for best available...

or assess the cost of moving up for Scoot.

8. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

The inconceivably low assist numbers are a concern but it seems like he’s got good instincts as a cutter.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is none of these guys. It is Taylor Hendricks.

You could not create a better player for the Houston Rockets in a lab. The perfect bridge for your Jabari and Sengun frontcourt. Timelord with a three-ball.

He is a stud defender who doesn't make mistakes. He is a lob threat cutter. He is a quick-release shooter that is content to swing the ball and stand in the corner. The kid can RUN like the wind. 48-40-78 splits in a ton of games with a ton of minutes. DOES NOT FOUL...

3. Tari/Shooter
    4. Jabari/Hendricks at 4
    5. Sengun/Lively at 20

This is what I want to see next year... Give Udoka his Timelord. Give Alperen the cutter/shooter he needs on offense, and the lengthy support he needs on defense.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

We already have Jabari. Same 3-and-D, off-the-ball archetype, but Jabari has greater upside as a shot creator. Are we just drafting Hendricks to play 20 minutes per game off the bench behind Jabari for the duration of his rookie contract? Don't think he really makes sense for us--doubles up on what we already have instead of providing something we need.

He would seem to fit best in Indiana, IMO.

11. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

His weakness is playmaking, but he's good cutter and off-ball player. No perfect candidate. If he can do it all then he should be top 3. Right now I'm leaning Amen > Whitmore > Walker. It changes everyday.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he is a sublime fit as an eventual starter with Jabari and Sengun.

GotGame15 likes this.
  13. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I'm hoping Wemby falls to 4.

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

If Harden signs, does it change anyone's calculus on drafting Amen?

#134 Houston77, May 19, 2023
    Last edited: May 19, 2023
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

no

there’s no way Amen was gonna start for the team any time soon anyways…Rockets want to actually win games and he’s a young PG that can’t shoot a lick

might as well learn to read the defense and manage a team playing behind James Harden while trying to get your jump shot to an acceptable level

Y2JT likes this.
  16. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

He’s a black hole. Iso-ball only player. Short arms. Not a good shooter - 70% from the line, 34% from the college 3 (and most scouts were surprised it was even that high, given how he shot in high school and his fundamentals).

What’s the appeal? Good athleticism (but lesser than a Thompson twin) and some bully ball iso scoring? I don’t get it.

17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I like Whitmore a lot. Good size and athleticism, competitive fire, solid handles for a guy his size. Not to mention he's very young and was asked to do a lot. He'll be more of a spacer to start in the NBA, and he shot 40%+ on catch-and-shoot 3s.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Harden signs, it's probably time to stop paying attention to the Rockets for a few years.

19. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Amen is year away but Harden will help him his first year and Harden after he is signed going to miss some time this year because of Age, Strippers and partying with LilBaby in Vegas on his off days. It is what it is….Harden will help us with Amen and Jalen the 1st year.

Worried?
    I’m worried we might not draft Amen….
    San Antonio we draft Wemby
    Charlotte will draft Scoot….do not believe the Media Hype(Fake News, Fake News) did we not learned from the Pablo/Jabari switch. Smart GM are not stupid and they do not want to get fired
    Portland is drafting a player because Lillard is leaving this year…we all know this. They should draft Brandon but when the GM and scouts start watching Brandon’s tape and then Amen’s tape they might pick Amen
    Houston will not trade the pick, they will continue to add to their young core and pick either Amen Thompson or Anthony Black. Guys we are getting a point guard.

In the NBA, the most important positions are Point Guard and Forwards . We have Tari and Jabari we need a elite point guard. I love AmenThompson but I believe Houston will pick Anthony Black….Amen might not be there.

20. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao.

Drift Monkey and Corrosion like this.