1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Aw man... at least y'all will have plenty to b**** about.

[​IMG]

2. Asian Sensation

Not advocating for Chris Paul cause he truly old now but put a little Respek on his name.

5 different teams:

4 franchise best records which included keeping Harden in check and helping him win MVP.

And the other 1? Only carried a sorry ass OKC team projected to finish bottom 3 to a 44-28 record

xaos likes this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Toyota Center just ain’t been the same these past 3 tanking seasons

5. Ish

Ish Member

So the reports of him getting doc fired must of been a philly internal plan to blame harden cause he was leaving ? So that just means doc was gonna get fired reguardless?

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

you are just super ready for Harden.

@Asian Sensation
    @DatRocketFan

Give me the pros and cons of signing Harden. Go!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

No team is going to be willing to come close to maxing a 34 year old Harden.

If the Rockets is the only team willing to give Harden a 4 year contract at around 160 million, Harden will be a Rocket.

Philly will have a tough decision to make as that size contract would lock up their aging team (which hasn't advanced past the 2nd round) for the next 4 years. Furthermore that contract could be one of the worst in a couple season.

The Rockets on the other hand can afford to do so, since they have a ton of cap space they need to spend just to reach the minimum required by the new CBA and they don't have any other expensive contracts on their roster for the next couple years.

The only concern I'd have is how his presence will effect the development of their young guys. Harden isn't exactly the best leader or most discipline when it comes to off-court, between game habits.

On the court, while Harden has been more of a pass-first playmaker the past few seasons, he still dominates the ball just much as he did in the past.
    The past two season Harden has been 2nd in time of poss with the ball behind only Luka. ( 2022 - Harden 9.2 vs Luka's 9.3 | 2023 - Harden 8.6 vs Luka 9.1 ).

This will mean less touches for Sengun and Green, but conversely they should also be getting much better looks.

#2887 blahblehblah, May 19, 2023
    Last edited: May 19, 2023
    Easy likes this.
  8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

i agree he sucks as a coach. But none of his Philly teams were anything more than a second round team.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hopefully a Jimmy Butler, Chris Bosh repeat.

Rockets told everyone and their mother they had Butler/Bosh in the bag, Jimmy/Chris is coming, Rockets are the firm, runaway leaders, it's happening. Didn't even get a meeting with Jimmy.

Kelly Iko: "The Rockets are extremely confident in landing Butler. Team sources not only believe the Rockets have a good shot to land the Texas native but also that they have a firm place in the lead for him."

Alykhan Bijani: There's been buzz surrounding Jimmy Butler and the #Rockets since before his trade to Philadelphia. Houston feels confident in its pursuit of Butler and will meet with him in Philadelphia, league sources told @TheAthleticHOU.

Jonathan Feigen: Amid growing confidence that they can land Jimmy Butler, their top free-agent target, the Rockets on Thursday prepared to make their pitch to the Philadelphia 76ers forward by lining up deals needed to make it possible to sign someone while already over the salary cap. That individual said the Rockets “feel good” about their chances to sign the 29-year-old Houston native.

Kyle Neubeck: Let me repeat something I said earlier on this Butler story — the noise so far is predominantly coming from Houston's end. Jimmy Butler is in Brazil hanging with Neymar, we're a long way from jumping to conclusions.

10. riko

riko Member

or they are using harden as a scapegoat

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Butler to Houston confirmed

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Harden is coming…we need another veteran and we are ready to battle

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How about 4 years 120

groovemachine likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Tbh I'm not even the biggest Harden fan but cool for u to think that my opposite is asian sensation the lunatic who btch about for years.

I haven't watch a single game of him aside from highlight reels but I'm quite excited to see him in action for us running an offense once more.

U gonna have to suck it up regardless if he's signed might as well enjoy whatever Harden has left and worry about the consequences later. After three years of being sht I'm down to seeing us win again.

15. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

16. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

17. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

No way, Harden wants the max. I believe Houston might do a sign and trade for Morey in Philly. Instead of leaving them HIGH AND DRY, Rockets might give them Porter and Tate to offset the salaries….it would help both teams

BMoney likes this.
  18. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Anybody else worried about the Rockets getting fined for tampering? It’s blatant at this point:

BHannes2BHonest and daywalker02 like this.
  19. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

DeRozan would be a great fit.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member