1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How the are the Warriors rebuilding while winning chips?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jul 19, 2022.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, the basic flight plan failed. Whether it's because Kerr kind cultivate young talent or whether they just drafted poorly or got unlucky, it does not look like Poole, Kuminga or Moody will be ready to take on a huge load of a title-hopeful team. And never mind their departed, wasted draft pick Wiseman. Eek.

I actually have started to think Kerr must be partly to blame, and when you look at it, he didn't have much of a hand in the early development of the big three (or of Wiggins, who arrived via trade). Mark Jackson, whatever his flaws, might have been much better at coaching youngsters and building their professionalism and confidence.

If you look at Poole, Kuminga and Wiseman, it looks more like Kerr just crushes young psyches somehow.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think the Warriors show just how hard it is to do a rebuild, and we can see by comparison Stone has done a great job so far. So many things need to go right but the primary thing is getting the right talent, someone who is healthy, has ambition and work ethic and has the right mindset.

Even with OKC people act like they only started last year when in reality they've been rebuilding since PG got traded, they just picked scrappy guys like Pokusevski.

Wiseman had all the talent to be the next Embiid but lacked work ethic. Moody and Kuminga, I don't know what's wrong with those guys. Kuminga doesn't have enough skills, I don't think he is better than KJ Martin right now but he wants bigger role in just his 2nd year lol. Moody was projected to be a safe pick but he has played like a bust so far. They also got Patrick Baldwin Jr who some people here were swearing up and down was gonna be a star lol.

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  4. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

I totally agree. I'm generally in disagreement with the notion it's mainly the coaches' job to develop the players. I think it's the players themselves a lot more than coaches. Right coaches definitely help but the players themselves need to be determined and driven. I'm not necessarily saying Moody and Kuminga aren't motivated guys but not everybody can be breakout stars, it's the NBA

roslolian likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Exactly. These players make multi millions they can afford to have their own team take care of their development. LeBron for example, learned from Kobe and after the Olympics built his own health and skills team.

BigShasta and wlekfjv923n like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Unpopular opinion, the way they played in the RS, 2nd round and 6 games is a favorable outcome.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lebron had his team the minute he waltzed into the league, he was probably the most covered star since Wemby.

Jontro likes this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Gotta get that China/Silicon valley Monopoly money they got out there in Cali.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't know what to read into this

He's laughing at the guy right?

clos4life likes this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

Giannis seemed interested, but one hopes it's all in jest. Who knows though. Jrue has mentioned retiring after his contract is up and Khris hasn't looked the same since coming back from injury.

clos4life and OremLK like this.
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeesh

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Don't think it's been a successful rebuild. While they have accumulated some young players, and let some go too early like Wiseman, the future doesn't look promising to me. They are likely no better than any other lottery team when the big three leave. Don't think they are in good hands yet.

15. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

They had a shot at it working but drafted poorly. Imagine if they took Lamelo over Wiseman and Franz over Kuminga. Both of whom were picked the very next pick and were heavily mocked to GSW. Moody looks like he can be pretty good though. He was better in the playoffs than Poole.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

He had his own team but really only started going all in after Olympics and Kobe.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I like that in soccer there is a golden and a silver generation but when you have mediocre players the least fans could do is not overly criticize when the next generation is devoid of star players.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Gui Santos could be Luka Doncic

19. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Hope nobody bails the Warriors out when they try to trade Poole and his albatross contract this off-season.

clos4life likes this.
  20. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm hoping the Warriors remain in mediocrity for many years so they can suffer more