1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wemby’s Reaction To Rockets Not Getting 1st Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, May 17, 2023.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, shoulder bruise and finger break can happen to anyone. It's just bad luck. But Back muscle tear and leg stress fracture are scary stuff for his body type.

slothy420, Ubiquitin and rockets1995 like this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Leg Bone Injuries I believe will get worse when Victor gets older with Jumping and Down and Trainers don't want him to add weight.

Leave Victor alone and do stretching exercises, The Durant Plan

4. Nook

Nook Member

The Spurs though have won five NBA Championships with this coach and front office and recently is the first time they have not been really competitive. Hell, if we want to be completely honest, the Spurs tanked one year and they are now further along than we are after tanking 3 seasons.

Tilman is not known as a good owner. Stone is not really well thought of. The former coach is a joke. Even the young players we have drafted haven't really exploded.

It is just -what it is - until we prove otherwise.

I will admit it is sad seeing someone from another country, half way around the world smiling and pumping his fist when he learns that he is not joining the Rockets.

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Why are you paying attention to East Coast Media Bias, they always hate the Rockets regardless.

Tillman Ferttita is a Great Owner and he is spending Millions on a New Cafeteria, New Practice Facility also a new Plane. University of Houston Sports Investment and Hiring Kelvin Sampson came.from Tillman Ferttita.

Jim Crane got wrongly blamed for the Astros, during the rebuild, Jim Crane spent millions on Minor League Facilities, New Weight Room, Cafeteria etc, New Facilities in Latin America, gotten more sponsor boards to create more revenue.

Cal McNair Texans started spending more money Cafeteria and Locker Room, Gym, Texans Players love it.

Your Comment is Ignorant. Daryl Morey is the One that set the Team back 10 years by trading away bad Contracts and trading away 1st Round Picks for years. Those 1st Round Picks would've gotten some really good Prospects.

Rafael Stone has hit on all the Picks and they are not Busts whatsoever.

Jalen Green, Jabari Smith and Lower Picks Trade for Alperen Sengun, Tari Eason, KJ Martin.

Usman Garuba improved alot
    Josh Christopher is a wait and see, Need a Real Coach

Ime Udoka is a Great Coach, young players will fall in line especially Porter

#225 rockets1995, May 18, 2023
    Last edited: May 18, 2023
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The Spurs became immediately irrelevant as soon as Duncan retired. They have one amazing development story in the past decade with Kawhi.

At this point the Spurs organization is purely running on the fumes of positive press of the past two decades along with Pop understanding political and social sentiments in the country and understanding the right things to say at the right time to create positive press.

And to be quite honest, I really don't care about Tillman relative to the rest of the class of scumbag billionaire owners in the NBA. They are all equally scumbags. Tilman just doesn't have the filter. All of them love GOP polticians like DeSantis and Abbott. Someone of my political ideological background see no difference between someone like Ballmer and Tilman.

beardsanity713 and Nook like this.
  7. invocux

invocux Member

He would be a good center if was 3 inches taller

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I don't get why people are saying Wemby is the biggest prospect since LeBron. Wemby is going to get abused by guys like Embiid unless he gains about 60 lbs

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Now that I know what kind of hobbies and likes the guy has, its understandable he would like San Antonio more than Houston.

Sounds like hes a humble kid that wants peace and loves basketball.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes people don't realize the reason Lebron provided immediate winning impact was because he came into the league at age 18 with grown man strength while also having the floor general IQ of a vet pg.

11. marinara

marinara Member

nah it’s like the team you grew up supporting is gonna be drafted. I mean put most of us in the same position, wouldn’t we want the rockets to get the 1 pick so we could play for the team we support? His French, Tony Parker. Like what are people getting so twisted for? It’s legit probably his dream lmao.

12. Nook

Nook Member

I am no fan of the San Antonio Spurs but over the last 25 seasons Popovich has gone to at least the Western Conference Finals 10 times and has won 5 NBA championships. That is the reason that Gregg Popovich is relevant in the NBA.

You can say they haven't been relevant since Duncan left - but they are now relevant again, and saidly outside of the 2-3 year Harden window, they have been more relevant than the Rockets consistently since Olajuwon wore purple.

Timan being a scumbag has little to do with it. It is how ownership and organizations are viewed around the league.

My point is that it is not a shock that Victor would rather play for the Spurs, and it is likewise not shocking that he doesn't want to play for the Rockets.

That scenario can change - the Spurs were once a joke - but for us, right now the crown of incompetence fits so we get to wear it until we start to really win.

Jontro, DeBeards and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

And by Sengun.

Jontro and TesseracT like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

It is because Wemby from a skill and talent standpoint really is that great.

Who was a better prospect since LeBron?

That doesn't mean when it is all said and done that Wemby will be the best player for the next 20 years.

His injuries are really being downplayed. He has already missed a reasonably large chunk of games and I don't believe he plays every game even when healthy. If I were to be optimistic, I would point out that Rudy Gobbert has played a lot of games with a similar body. The other argument is that he only really needs to be healthy for the playoffs.

Jontro likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Anthony Davis
    Luka Doncic
    Alperen Sengun
    Nikola Jokic
    Joel Embiid
    Stephen Curry
    Giannis

Just from the top of my head.

They will all have had much better careers than Wemby.

BamBam likes this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Maybe. And the commas

Jontro likes this.
  17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

18. Arnaud

Arnaud Member

Another angle of the moment Victor celebrated the Rockets going 4th, from french journalists who were there. You can hear/see him say to his mom "Non ça va j'avais pas envie", which means "Nah it's good, I didn't want them (the Rockets)".

Nothing really surprising, a lot of poeple here (in France) are Spurs fans thanks to Tony Parker (and Diaw to a lesser extent), growing up idolizing him, and Wemby is one of them. He was clearly hoping for the Spurs since the beginning and got his wish. I get that Rockets fans feel disrespected by the fist pump and those words, but from an objective standpoint I can understand, eventhough it's not very classy, especially with all the cameras there. Everybody has their preferences, and he's a veeeery mature young man who, apparently, viewed the Rockets as a hot mess these last years and not a good place for him to develop and win. No worries, our guys will prove him wrong and he'll regret that celebration !

French media are pretty happy with the outcome of the lottery, because of the obvious french/international connexions and the fact that the Spurs are still viewed as a very smart org, with a great coach, all in all a "perfect place for him to flourish". It was meant to be. We'll see how it goes, I do think Wemby will become a star, but I'm not sad about loosing him and definitely looking forward to Jabari posterizing him and Sengun making him dance in the paint.

BamBam and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

His loss.... No Hakeem workouts now.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

His loss.... No Hakeem workouts now.

Jontro likes this.