1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Amen delusion must stop

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Noob Cake, May 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I can't understand what you are actually trying to say because your grammer is so poor dude. That might be a point of emphasis for you going forward. I can start a gofundme for you, please don't suffer in silence...

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course you can't understand. you clearly don't understand a lot of shitt. you're a absolute moron. I knew that already though. the things you understand are hella hella bro bro. your typical douchebag persona

the same dude talking about grammar is the one saying hella bro hella bro and can't even spell grammar correctly. once again I can't stop

[​IMG]

Can you explain to everyone what proper GRAMMER is

[​IMG]

#142 YOLO, May 18, 2023
    Last edited: May 18, 2023
  3. sogood.

sogood. Member

Lonzo was a good shooter at UCLA. He shot 41.2% from 3.

Amen Thompson jump shot is legit broken.

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Well it did not translate because Ball was horrible his first few yrs with a broken shot as well. He could not hit NOTHING! I recall that vividly

5. sogood.

sogood. Member

But Lonzo shown the ability to hit the college 3....

Amen have not, at all.

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

College and Pros are different, ask Jabari Smith.

7. sogood.

sogood. Member

Once again Jabari and Lonzo have shown the ability to make threes.

What Amen have shown is that he can't not shoot a lick against high school kids, his jump shot is completely broken.

I don't know how to explain this to you any clearer....

YOLO likes this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

It's true Lonzo did have good numbers in college but his form changed, which caused him to have poor percentages in the NBA for years.....it was his FORM!

And Im saying that FORMS can be changed. If you look at Amen's form, the problem is he is releasing too low and he is not using his legs. Both are things that can be fixed with proper coaching.

However, the other things can not be! Vision! Length! Athleticism! All those things are natural. And before Lonzo got injured, he was viewed as an upper tier PG and he is not nearly as gifted as Amen athletically.

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

There are many examples of players who could not shoot early on but later became very good 3pt shooters; Kwahi Leonard, Magic Johnson, Robert Horry, Jaylen Brown, even KMJ.

And to say a player's shot is BROKEN means he can't hit an open shot PERIOD. With Amen, it's just a matter of tweaking his mechanics and repetition

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

11. StevieCrossover

Ahh shucks. Another rebuild year without a trade. Guess Amen can be Rocket's prayer since their magic balls didn't get picked. Only other opion for the Rockets is to trade all our assets and beg for James Harden to at least make the playoffs for them but fall short. Better than another tanked season.

12. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

One more data point, the so called 'better competition'.

No starters played in those games, and every player in those games were bench and under 21 players.

#AmenFraudStopsNow

13. BreakYoSelfFool

Same way Amen is the "better passer" and plays point guard but gets less assists. Amen is the flashier from what I can tell. He dunks more but Ausar finishes better through contact.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Kobe Bufkin from Michigan is a nice prospect if they trade back from 4

saleem likes this.
  15. OremLK

OremLK Member

In the OTE playoffs, where they were playing much more defined roles than in the regular season which was more of a transition-fest, Amen averaged 9 assists to Ausar's 5.

Also one thing I've been wanting to mention, if you watch some full OTE games, you would immediately understand why Amen didn't average way more assists, lol. The poor level of competition cuts both ways. Never seen so many great dimes turned into bricked dunks or missed layups.

RC Cola and carl_herrera like this.
  16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Guard with broken shooting mechanics? Lucas can fix him - CFs

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

"Assistant coaching staff is not set yet" -- CFs

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

the lengths people will go to to try and diminish how much of a problem Amen’s shooting is is getting absurd

this isn’t some dude with a slight hitch…his jump shot needs all the public assistance in the world

it is 1 of the ugliest jumpers I’ve seen, and it comes with even uglier results

a lot of his misses look like someone who doesn’t really hoop shooting threes at the local LA Fitness airballing and clanking off the rim with force

19. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Amen has played against tough competition such as playing oversea games this year against teams like Serbia National team. He played very well against those teams, he filled up the box score. PEOPLE, he has played against top talent:

He played well in this game going against professional players oversea

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  20. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Amen has played against tough competition such as playing oversea games this year against teams like Serbia National team. He played very well against those teams, he filled up the box score. PEOPLE, he has played against top talent:

He played well in this game going against professional players oversea

i3artow i3aller likes this.