1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#4 Pick Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 16, 2023.

1. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Sweeten by taking the horrible contract that is Ben Simmons.

Corrosion likes this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think trading down is an option. I do not want Amen because he is a couple of years away if not more of being a legit NBA player much less a star. I do think people are sleeping on Walker and Whitmore who are ready to play right now. I don’t think anything happens before the draft, because Scoot really might fall to us.

No Worries likes this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Huh. I hadn't thought about that. That would immediately clear their cap space. Bridges and Simmons is about $55 mil in cap space, and we'll have about $60. Hmmm...

4. daytripper

daytripper Member

The problem is two fold.

First off I wouldn't be shocked if the Blazers draft Scoot and potentially deal Dame. I'm fairly sure Simons might be gone too.

Even if the Blazers were to deal Scoot, the Rox certainly don't have the win now pieces to put around Dame to make a deal work. This organization has done an awful job developing Green the past 2 seasons and alot of it stems right back to not even having a PG to put them in their damn sets.

Unfortunately there is a huge drop off after 3 in this draft. There is another big drop off after 9-10.

The Rox 100% need to address the PG issue even if it means dropping back 3-5 slots and drafting someone like Wallace. Wallace is a hell of a defender, moves the ball, and is more than capable of getting them into their sets.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why would one have to give up on Green?

And why would you trade him for Bridges?

Why are people so ****ing stupid?

arabrocket and Phillyrocket like this.
  6. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

We got duped last draft thinking we were getting Bancaro .We can't trust these teams and their targets.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because Jalen Green is terrible. Glad you asked.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I really agree with you on needing a point guard. That’s why I think I disagree about the rockets trading up. It really depends on what our scouts think, but if they think Scoot is a franchise guy, they should be willing to give up what it takes to move up to #2. And I do think we have the assets. Sengun #4 and other assets could be enough to get to #2. We’ve also got the Brooklyn picks to work with. Again that’s if Scoot is the franchise. We can get that done.

but if they think Amen is a franchise type player then we are in a great position to sit back and just make the pick.

either way, we’d have a better playmaker next to Green next year, which I agree is absolutely essential. And drafting Amen probably wouldn’t preclude us from going out and getting a decent veteran point guard in free agency since he’d need time to develop.

Free agent/Amen/TyTy > KPJ at point guard

Y2JT likes this.
  9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If that is their true intention then the Rockets are out. They don't have a player that can help Dame "win now". Tate is a guy that can help I guess but he is no where close to the value of this year's number 2 pick. A package of young potential stars isn't going to do it. You need to package a current star.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

4 , 20 and Sengun to the Hornets for the rights of SH makes some sense to me. The Hornets aren't a very bright ball club.

PS: I like Sengun.

13. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

If Memphis would deal him. I still haven’t heard what crime he committed. Flashing a gun may be a bad look but he didn’t commit a crime and everyone is acting like he is a mass shooter.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thing is, when I look at Portland's roster and salaries, they really seem boxed in. Lillard makes nearly $43,000,000. Jerami Grant is....maybe an RFA or UFA, can't remember. A couple other players make $15,000,000-ish. After that the dropoff is precipitous.

Adding to Dame Lillard? With so many years left on his contract? Best to move him. But maybe the team can surprise. They'll have to.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun doesn't have a lot of value outside of certain "Rockets fans", I'm not sure that would move the needle for them.

I think they take Henderson to pair with Lamelo so that he can get some more easy off ball looks and keep him healthy.

16. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

I LOVE THIS TRADE

PWR likes this.
  17. Landry's Tooth

I think we have the pieces for Portland.

They take #4, Kenyon Martin, Tate, and #20.

That's 1 rotation player into 4 cheap and young ones.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Go Rockets!!!

htownrox1 likes this.
  19. Bob Barker 007

I wonder what it would take to draft Walker and then trade back up into the lottery for a 3 and D point guard like Cason Wallace.

20. monster

monster Member

I don't think we need to trade the pick unless some team offers us something we can't refuse. Take the BPA.