1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your win now 2023 draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VoR, May 17, 2023.

1. VoR

VoR Member

I like Amen, but I don't think he fits with our rebuild timeline if we have Udoka coming in hot. So what would be an ideal draft for a win now year? Here's my take:

Trade the 4 pick and KMJ to Golden State for 19 and Jordan Poole.
    Trade KPJ and future pick to the Lakers for 17.

Draft Jett Howard, Kris Murray, and GG Jackson.

Everybody is ready to play. KPJ gets to go back to off ball. Golden State has been eyeing KMJ. Poole will transform the Rockets immediately and he won't have to come off the bench. Potentially immediately sign Poole to a max extension.

Sign Jaxson Hayes and see if we can't turn him into a Robert Williams III light.

Poole/TyTy/Christopher
    Green/Howard/Christopher
    Eason/Murray/Tate
    Jabari/Jackson/Garuba
    Sengun/Hayes/Garuba

This is just a random idea, but a feasible option if we were focused on trying to make the play in next season. I think we are stuck in rebuild mode with a player like Amen. He's good, but doesn't fit a win now timeline.

#1 VoR, May 17, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
  2. VoR

VoR Member

Another option is we go get Dame. I am open to Harden, but only on a 3 year deal.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I like the aggressiveness, but no thanks on Poole. His game has completely declined. He is terrible defensively and if his shot isn't falling he is completely unplayable.

I know his camp is going to play it as a lack of connection and trust after the Draymond incident, but I don't buy it. Dude was absolute garbage this year and in the playoffs. When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

4. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

this fanbase has no hope, they just want anyone at this point to just make us treadmill status back to the days when we would win the #14 pick.

Lurch likes this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I feel like he got massively overpaid off of one good year.

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

We have Jordan Poole at home.

I wouldn't trade for the guy on the near max contract when we have our own inefficient combo guard who makes bad decisions for have the price.

I wouldn't even turnover the roster to "win now". Losing the lottery means we don't have any guaranteed foundational pieces yet. I would just sign some younger vets and keep building with young players until one or more of them breaks out.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I imagine we'd have to get through a pretty large quantity of timelines, before we get to the one where the Warriors go 'yeah I think KPJ actually was the piece that'll make this team hum. Trade accepted'.

8. VoR

VoR Member

#4 pick and KMJ. Pay attention.

9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'd try and move up to get Scoot using our 4th pick and some of the other assets we have, could throw in KJM to sweeten the pot. Then find a team at the beginning of their rebuild, one thing we have in spades are young prospects, so a team beginning their rebuild might be interested in a package of Josh and TyTy/Garuba for a serviceable vet 3&D wing to start at the 3. Cut Nix and whatever other trash we can get out of and look to pick up some other vet roleplayers to give us some age and vet presence. If we can clear out some of the youth for decent journeymen, they can mentor the better youngsters into being proper NBA players, short team deals and in a couple of years we've hopefully got a solid core of Scoot/Green/Tari/Bari/Sengun some of whom have become legit star level talent with the others as complimentary players. We can then spend any cap we have on the role players that fit the need rather than chasing stars we never seem to attract.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

4th and the best we get back is Poole? Absolutely no (sorry)

saleem likes this.
  11. mightybosstone

I'm not completely opposed to the idea of moving the 4th pick, but if so, I'd like it to be for someone better than Poole. I thought Golden State overpaid for him at the time, and I definitely think they did a year later. If the Rockets are going to give up the 4th pick for someone who eats up $30M+ of their cap space each of the next three years, it needs to be for someone who can be a No. 1 or No. 2 on a playoff team or at least a really solid No. 3, and I just don't think Poole is that guy.

12. Denovo

Denovo Member

Poole is overrated as hell lol. Him and KPJ are the same player.

13. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Uhh hell no to Poole. This guy has two of the greatest shooters of all time on his team and he still manages to shoot poorly

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dame is guaranteed $120M for his age 35-36 years. That's way too much to pay for an aging PG.

saleem likes this.
  15. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Warriors would give away Poole for free at this rate with how bad he played. Have you seen his contract? You want to bail them out AND get robbed?

jcmoon, Von Rafer and ApacheWarrior like this.
  16. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

This is crazy. Jordan Poole is a negative contract, one of the bottom 3 in the league.

The Warriors will be dangling their #19 pick to try and dump his contract to get under the second apron. They’ll probably have to package that pick + Kuminga to do it, getting back a couple journeymen cheap bench players and clearing space.

Von Rafer likes this.
  17. VoR

VoR Member

Poole tapped out after the Green punch. I think he's one of the best players in the league, but he clearly pulled his own flex last season.

18. VoR

VoR Member

I'm just throwing out win now scenarios. Not married to any of these ideas.

topfive likes this.
  19. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Poole is not worth 4 straight up… hard pass

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Trade #4 and KPJ for #2

Draft Scoot Henderson.

Dobbizzle and TEXNIFICENT like this.