1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What the mock drafts are saying...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, May 16, 2023.

1. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen is not elite at 3pt, but he has the ability and having a better PG setting up the offense could benefit him. KPJ is a good 3pt shooter and having him getting into position instead of trying to be a PG will give him more opportunities to shine. I am convinced jabari's shot will come around. Sign a couple of snipers in free agency and suddenly we don't look so bad. This all hinges on getting a good PG, so I am all in on Amen.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Uncomfortable to watch him shoot from 2 feet. I also don’t know which is Amen. Lol.

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That’s what I was wondering- we draft this Amen kid and what is going to happen to KPJ? I tell you what I would like to see happen - the Rockets get rid of KPJ for something useful. From what I read, this Amen sounds like Jalen Green lite. However, I am not crazy about Brandon Miller. Sigh….

4. Socrates

Socrates Member

Unbelievable. These guys are just now learning the basics of how to shoot. Take Walker or Whitmore instead.

Rokman, amaru, CKent and 6 others like this.
  5. lionaire

lionaire Member

We gotta hire Miller if we draft a twin lol

Deckard, amaru and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I just think the Rockets need a high feel / fast processing player bad. Sure Amen’s shot is broken but he makes the whole team better. Plus a workaholic (never mention him alongside Ben sipping-wine Simmons). Whitmore is intriguing for sure but I’d put Amen higher.

theDude likes this.
  7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He was training Paolo last year and supposedly was all in Orlando’s ear about him.

lionaire likes this.
  8. conquistador#11

Clearly the twins have not watched Paulfsk's training video.

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

Who needs Amen? We got TyTy who is 6'4 can pass AND shoot and was considered a Top PG in last years draft. The dude can put up big numbers in the G League which is WAY more competitive than that JV league Amen was competing in.

Amen cant shoot to save his life AND is absolutely horrible at dribbling. I've made this point before but go watch this dude dribbling. He travels incessantly. As a rookie, he will not get any special treatment. He's no superstar where the refs will overlook that to help sell the game. Guy will get benched within a few plays when the refs get him for 3-4 TO's.

10. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

What about Taylor Hendricks? He seems to be a PF/C with skill and athleticism.

Overall:
    Hendricks is a Fr. who was a 4-star recruit out of southern Florida that picked Johnny Dawkins and UCF over some of the bigger in-state programs in the 2022 recruiting cycle…He was an immediate impact player in the AAC and among the very best Fr across the nation for a UCF team that started the season strong but ended up being an NIT team…Still, his production and physicals tools caught the eyes of numerous NBA scouts and execs as an outstanding, switchable defensive player who can match anywhere in the frontcourt and as a nice 3-point shooter and angry finisher at the rim to boot…He’s not polished on offense yet though, and needs to fine tune his shot-creating skills to play more as a SF as well as adding the physical strength to play more than spot minutes at the C spot…Still there is plenty to like about Hendricks, who should be able to earn minutes sooner or later given his versatility, shooting touch, athleticism and defensive acumen…He’s also a smart player with natural instincts and timing that you can’t always teach and he has played well enough that he should be in discussion to be a lottery pick in the 2023 Draft ..

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Who needs Amen? We got TyTy who is 6'4 can pass AND shoot and was considered a Top PG in last years draft. The dude can put up big numbers in the G League which is WAY more competitive than that JV league Amen was competing in.

Amen cant shoot to save his life AND is absolutely horrible at dribbling. I've made this point before but go watch this dude dribbling. He travels incessantly. As a rookie, he will not get any special treatment. He's no superstar where the refs will overlook that to help sell the game. Guy will get benched within a few plays when the refs get him for 3-4 TO's.

12. NewAge

NewAge Member

I mean, sure. Why not. If Barnes and Giddey are the prototypes, I’m sold. I’d have Barnes/Giddey over Cade/Green/Mobley, actually.
    Also I’d take 6-7ft over 6-2ft (Henderson).
    Interestingly, Amen is older than Jabari. I like that. No more teenagers.
    I am starting to get sold on the idea.
    Amen!

RocketOrg likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

down right scary.

14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

If Portland go full rebuild and trade Dame. Would you trade the 4th pick for OG?

15. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Bro literally half of us posting here right now could out shoot Amen

16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Australia like "¿¿noʎ oʇ op ɹǝʌǝ ǝʍ pᴉp ʇɐɥM"

but jokes aside Australians are awesome people :D

RasaqBoi and kjayp like this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

This video is 10 months old, FYI. He reworked his shooting mechanics since then.

Here is Amen shooting at the Combine the other day posted by @zeeshan2:

Williamson, cml750, Shark44 and 12 others like this.
  18. VoR

VoR Member

Lebron. Harden. Luka. Magic. Hardaway. Giddey. George.

Williamson likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How many of them shoot like Ben Simmons with a concussion?

amaru likes this.
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I hope there’s some accountability for all those posters who are so sure about what prospects can and cannot do or what they will be.