1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes, how shocking, every player mentioned has a flaw. Good thing we're getting flawless Harden.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Never said harden was flawless, but if folks can paint harden in a negative light, i can't do it back to the other alternatives?

those alternatives were sht and u know it, but harden hate boner blinds u.

Reaves is the only good alternative to me and even then its a bit risky

3. Asian Sensation

Looks like another one has finally cancelled his membership to the cult. @Mathloom congrats on seeing the light.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

Harden wants a chip, he’s not coming to Houston. If he ends up in Houston he clearly does not want a chip.

5. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. Landry's Tooth

I'm not saying he's the way to go, but he costs you no players.

You giving the money to Porzingis?

I have to admit, it would be interesting to pair Porzingis with Wembanyama and tell other teams good luck but I'm not wanting to pay him...

8. Landry's Tooth

But if he goes and gets chip light like Durant do we think any better of him for doing so?

9. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

...and you want to max him out? Are you serious?

Also you really think he won't extend his pattern and throw a tantrum and demand to leave yet again?

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

i sure did, he also had arguably the 2 best games of any player not named jokic in the entire playoffs, certainly 2 of the top 4 or 5

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Being critical of Harden is not painting him in a negative light. There's no agenda here different than yours: getting the best for the Rockets. You can do it back of course, it just doesn't mean that those are not good ideas. Pointing out a flaw in a player does not mean that player can't outperform their contract or make a big impact.

Harden is my favorite non-Rocket in the NBA, so the Harden-hater theory doesn't work. He objectively has a lot of flaws because of his price, age, fitness, performance in the clutch, off court lifestyle, rapidly declining iso efficiency, bad defense and no off ball movement. None of these things are controversial. Even if you don't believe some of them and even if you have an instinct to "what about" some other player now, please just read it again. Nothing there is majorly controversial, and most NBA fans and analysts agree with it.

None of the players being suggested to you have as many flaws. None cost as much. None have a higher risk. You have to see there's some logic in being cautious here EVEN taking into consideration he's the best floor general in the NBA.

I hope we land Wemby and then I'm all in on getting Harden. That's my favorite scenario of all scenarios. We'd be on the same side then.

12. dmoneybangbang

That says more about you and where you are at as a fan.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Honeslty it would be good if he did ask out.

We could get a haul for him...again.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Jazz and their future picks are definitely after Luka and Co.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, the Suns were in win now mode and therefore it was worth it when they signed him. It didn't work out for them. But at least it was a worthwhile gamble.

The Rockets is not going to be in win now mode for at least a few more years. Why would we want to sign an aging guy to a long term max contract?

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Because he has proven to take his teams to the playoffs and therefore play in meaningful games. Something the rockets havent seen in 3 years. And his money isn’t stopping the salaries of any of these kids future in the event that they show they are worth a big pay day at the end of hardens deal

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And with Harden, we will have a couple of 40 win season. Very exciting!

(Or do you believe Harden will lead this team to a championship run in the next two years?)

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

40 win seasons in the next two years would be an absolute coup for this team.

19. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

It'll be funny if we won and Malika had to interview Udoka. .

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's unlikely. But I'd much rather trade KPJ for CP3. They dump a bad contract. We dump a headcase. CP3 would be a better vet than Harden to teach the young guys the ropes even when he is not playing. And he comes off the book in two years instead of 4 years with Harden.