1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You as a fan are pathetic if you want Harden back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, May 14, 2023.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm talking about full 48-minute James Harden games in his NBA career. I've watched over 90% of his games in Houston, Brooklyn and Philadelphia.

That there may be a few people who have watched more than me doesn't change the point in any way. Anyone who watches him a lot knows that he is almost always the worst backcourt defender on the roster. Whether I'm the 10th most watched or 1st, that remains the same.

There's no way anyone can know how much anyone else has watched even if you watched every single game ever. I thought that was obvious.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I remember some people here said Clint Capela would play terrible basketball after leaving Harden.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hell yeah, sign Harden and spit in my mouth

4. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

He's playing with the best alley-oop passer of all-time. And even then, he's been pretty pedestrian tbh.

clos4life likes this.
  5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Udoka coached the team one year and wouldn't hold himself accountable. Let's slow down a little before he's super coach. For all we know he will be hardens wing man at Treasures. Ayoung guy with less experience than Udoka is doing fine with the same team.

6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Not only that, his attitude is poor af. He's the reason our culture was so bad under Morey

7. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

One year yes, but that one year he changed that teams mentality mid way on the fly. They buckled down defensively and went 32-10 after starting season 19-21. Ime is from the school of Popovich, so yes I give him the nod as a good coach. The young guy in Boston was 1 quarter away from being ousted if not for a miraculous Tatum fourth quarter and Doc "3-1" Rivers not managing the fourth quarter right.

Could Ime and James be at Treasures together? Sure, but doubtful.

But I will let this off season play out. Have no idea if Harden returns and I am still invested either way.

But NBA talent is talent. As much as Harden has let us down in the past, he was still a one man offense when he was here and I don't see Udoka running the offense that way and the talent we have already with Jalen and Sengun and the youth with Tari and Christopher and KMJ along with a solid 1a guy in FA all lend to a better management of minutes. So who knows.

But I stand by my statement that the team Harden comes into is not that same one that Morey and D'antoni fostered around him before.

8. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

At this point we know Harden isnt the best player on a championship team. But if its between KPJ and Harden running PG I am taking Harden. KPJ isnt on the same level of creating good shots for teammates. We need to see what our young guys can do with a proper distributor. We will cross the playoff choking when we get there.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden is a cancer, he destroys rosters, coaches, and quits when he doesn't get his way.

He is the definition of a "Maybe" just not a dude that dies to win, or to go to war with......pass........big time pass on this whiny b****.

DD

cheke64 and PeterKingX like this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Oh the irony of a KPJ stan saying this LOL

clos4life and DatRocketFan like this.
  11. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Exactly! We should bring back Jeremy Lin instead. While we are at it, let's trade Jalen Green and Jabari Smith for Ben Simmons. s/

12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

13. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Yeah, it is clear that the League Office has told refs to not give him calls and as a result, it is impacting his impact on the offense. Because Harden is not particularly athletic, he cannot just blow past guys. However, my main issue with Harden is that he is overweight. He is not necessarily fat, but he is too bulky. At his age, he needs to slim down about 20-3o pounds. That extra weight is why he is starting to get all of those nagging joint/muscle injuries. It is only going to get worse.

Look at Lebron now and 8 years ago. He is much slimmer. That is why he is still dominating.

As for this game 7, I knew the game was over when Harden was called for a flagrant 1 when he simply lost the ball on a layup, yet Brown was not called for anything when he literally grabbed Harden's jersey and pushed him to the ground. Clearly the League had it in for them. Also, Embiid doing his best impersonation of Julius Randle did not help. I mean, to quote Kendrick Perkins, was he asleep? The guy looked completely disinterested.

The NBA officiating is getting ridiculous; basketball is one of the few sports where refereeing can directly impact games. With everything we know about Tim Donaghy (which by the way, was never refuted by the League), there needs to be an investigation into this.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Even the league is tired of this clown.

16. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Yeah, it is clear that the League Office has told refs to not give him calls and as a result, it is impacting his impact on the offense. Because Harden is not particularly athletic, he cannot just blow past guys. However, my main issue with Harden is that he is overweight. He is not necessarily fat, but he is too bulky. At his age, he needs to slim down about 20-3o pounds. That extra weight is why he is starting to get all of those nagging joint/muscle injuries. It is only going to get worse.

Look at Lebron now and 8 years ago. He is much slimmer. That is why he is still dominating.

As for this game 7, I knew the game was over when Harden was called for a flagrant 1 when he simply lost the ball on a layup, yet Brown was not called for anything when he literally grabbed Harden's jersey and pushed him to the ground. Clearly the League had it in for them. Also, Embiid doing his best impersonation of Julius Randle did not help. I mean, to quote Kendrick Perkins, was he asleep? The guy looked completely disinterested.

The NBA officiating is getting ridiculous; basketball is one of the few sports where refereeing can directly impact games. With everything we know about Tim Donaghy (which by the way, was never refuted by the League), there needs to be an investigation into this.

17. riko

riko Member

Bayless is the league?

18. dmoneybangbang

I don't think anyone is pathetic for wanting Harden, but just desperate.

coachbadlee likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They hear and see things. Harden has a very obvious pattern of failure to win it all. The supposed objective for every team is to try and win a championship. You all just want a trophy beard.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bump for a pulse check