1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

WRONG AGAIN
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardeja01.html
    Harden averaged 10.5 assist when he was a Brooklyn Net for his entire Brooklyn Net career. 10.2 and 10.9 assist per game for those couple of season collectively which averages out to 10.5 assist a game as a Brooklyn Net. That average does not factor in the assist average of games Harden played without KD and Kyrie. Stop making shyt up to fit your narrative, just like your BS Tatum point...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

sigh…go to statmuse and filter out last year’s Nets games without KD and Kyrie and it will tell u Harden’s averages in those games…u of course probably have no clue u can do this

u are in way over your head

ksny15 likes this.
  3. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

LOL #micdrop

4. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I saw the game, and although I agree somewhat on Embiids 3rd quarter. It is a team game and there are 4 quarters, you can't blame one guy for a loss in 1 quarter. Harden had 9 points on 11 shots in 40 minutes , 9 fricken points as a 2nd option in a game 7. Even Melton put up 10 shots in 12 less minutes. Hardens effort and ability over the entire 4 quarters was unacceptable. He was really great in the win he had 45 points, but how many players of his supposed caliber are going to go from 45 points in a game to 9 points in a game. Are you willing to accept this kind inconsistency which has become more prevalent in Hardens career? I am not.

I want to see long term success after going through 3 hell seasons. Also what I mean by long term success is reaching the playoffs, then making deep runs and being in the hunt for a championship for many years. Signing Harden who might play another 3 or 4 years who will take up a bunch of cap space and denying us the ability to sign younger players, does not factor into that really long term plan.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

this must be the post of someone who knows they can’t counteract a thing

matter of fact, let me be more specific…in BK last season, he averaged 10.5 apg overall in games without KD, 10.2 apg when it was just him and no KD and Kyrie, and 10.8 apg in the games with just him and Kyrie

#micdrop indeed

6. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Sure he did, where is your proof? Come on "FAX"...I thought you would have something smarter to say to further proof your undying love for James Harden. You're boring me now...

7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

go to statmuse and filter it out yourself…I already did the homework for u while u laughably sent me a bball ref link

since you’re so in over your head, I’ll help u out I guess if the link still works

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/james-harden-stats-with-the-nets-last-year-without-kd

then u can further filter it out for games with just him and Kyrie and then just him

you’re actually boring me because this is too easy at this point…it’s like I have to hold your hand and spell out the simplest things for u

facts are boring I guess, being clueless must be fun for u

now if u don’t have anything relevant to say, we can just end this here

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

I would have been more impressed if Harden showed me a lot matured on the defensive end. Even in those games he was going off in, he was the same old Harden standing there letting guys cut behind him for easy buckets. Being a cone drill on defense is why he'll never win. Losing defense like that just make it too hard for his talent to make up for it offensively and more times than not-he comes up short even with the offensive brilliance.

10. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Yawn...

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His deceleration has reached new levels.

Watching him is like watching slow motion, nothing seemed to be moving up tempo.

Caesar likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is another reason why Harden may not be the good influence to the young guys touted by those who want him back. The kids need to learn how to play good team defense as much as (if not more than) they need to learn how to play winning offense. Harden may be able to set up some open looks for them. But on defense if your head honcho doesn't buy in, it's going to be ugly.

13. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I really don't think so. Yes if our 14% yields Wemby that is extremely exciting. But he will be a rookie and rookies as a general rule don't help the team that much. Harden knows the new guys (2 FR picks) will get lots of minutes which means lots of losses. Doesn't seem he is interested in that.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

It would likely be a S&T to a contender (DM is quite skilled at those) or he will just opt in for another year at 36M.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

One alternative to spending max money on Harden (which I acknowledge won’t be nearly as impactful right away) is to sign someone like Jevon Carter, find a way to move back into the late lotto for Cason Wallace. Someone will eventually be the odd man out, but one of Carter/Wallace/TyTy will emerge at point guard. I like those Kentucky guards.

16. riko

riko Member

Yes the rumours are suggesting (Brian Geltzeiler)there a possibility of Harden to Phoenix most likely via sign and trade is possible. Probaly Paul and Fillers to Philly or third team for Harden to Phoenix

Aruba77 likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Asked for proof, man shows u it and then u respond like that instead of acknowledging it.

Why bother engaging in a debate with someone if u are gonna act like a child?

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I told you guys yesterday if you think about the market it's likely to be one of the busiest ever. Yesterday also Lowe released an article saying the exact same thing, that this is likely to be the busiest summer ever.

More moving parts than ever in history + $60m + future picks on our side... meanwhile some posters want to make us feel there's no viable alternative to 34 year old James Harden.

RoyalGuard and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The 3rd quarter is where they lost it. It was 55-55 at 11:30 in the 3rd quarter. The 4th quarter didn't matter due to them being down by 30. They lost it due to Embiid trying to be the hero and being dumb for the most part.

Also, we need stop mentioning Harden's 4th quarter. It didn't mean anything for game 5 because they already won the game. It didn't matter in game 7 because they were down by 30 points. And in game 6, I blame that entirely on Doc Rivers; Harden was clearly gassed in the 4th quarter in game 6..... Harden played basically the whole 2nd half with no breaks.

20. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I can’t imagine any world where Harden is going to come to the worst team in the league unless it’s the most money he is offered and by a large margin. It’s funny to read some of the same people people both describe Harden as the best pg and player on the market, and a player no one else is going to be willing to pay, so he is going to have to play for cheap for us. He certainly isn’t coming here on a discount to be a role playing mentor. It’s hard to imagine that if he was willing to play below max level money, it wouldn’t be for a team favored to win it all, rather than favored to being the lottery or fighting for a playin spot. It’s still more likely to me that Houston is just a negotiating tool to drive his contract up, which doesn’t work if he isn’t selling that he is interested in coming here.

Htown's Finest likes this.